Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    So is Krakoa surviving, or Orchis, or Apocalypse, or the Hellfire Trading Company, or New Mutants going off into space looking for a missing teammate with Corsair, or any of the 100 characters on the X-Men lineup.

All things freely discussed in these threads every issue. Someone pointing out something from a variant COVER of Powers of X #1 is somehow a big spoiler?
    Bear in mind that’s not what was said. They said “one teaser promotion had young cable...” now I am pretty sure I haven’t seen this anywhere, but if it’s for an issue #1 cover already published then fair game. I was taking the reply on face value and had zero context and assumed it was promoting something in the future. If it was I think you can understand my request.

If this was something already published in comic form perhaps you could point to it.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-13-2019 at 09:03 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Astonishing Member

Ok, so I haven’t had time to read this whole thread (lol, y’all have been busy). Something from last issue, when ‘no more’ gets repeated over and over, saw someone else point out that that’s also what Xavier said when he finally snapped at magneto in Fatal Attractions. Coincidence or not?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Bear in mind that’s not what was said. They said “one teaser promotion had young cable...” now I am pretty sure I haven’t seen this anywhere, but if it’s for an issue #1 cover than fair game. I was taking the reply on face value and had zero context and assumed it was promoting something in the future. If it was I think you can understand my request.
    I get where you are coming from, but I still think too much has been taken for granted with regards to previews and similar information. Luckily Hickman seems to want to keep as much secret as he can. Oddly enough, the depowering gun was on the promo that Mark Brooks (edit: not CB Cebulski, he just retweeted it) said was very important and that everything that was on it was on it for a reason.
    Last edited by cranger; 09-13-2019 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I get where you are coming from, but I still think too much has been taken for granted with regards to previews and similar information. Luckily Hickman seems to want to keep as much secret as he can. Oddly enough, the depowering gun was on the promo that CB said was very important and that everything that was on it was on it for a reason.
    What are you actually referring to. I need context.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

What are you actually referring to. I need context.
    Probably this image.

saf.jpg
    "Cable was right!"

So you are telling me that the gun in Cable's hand is somehow identifiable as a weapon that can remove mutant powers permanently?

That sounds highly unlikely to me. Where has this gun been seen before?
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-13-2019 at 09:38 AM.

So you are telling me that the gun in Cable's hand is somehow identifiable as a weapon that can remove mutant powers permanently?

That sounds highly unlikely to me. Where has this gun been seen before?
    The Claremont run where it was used on Storm and set her status quo for years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I never even read that depowering story...but on threads here people identified it and have made a big deal about it. I was repeating just pure theory (non spoiler just guess work)
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The one Forge made, sure. I don’t doubt others have seen an article that calls attention to it. But wow... that’s a stretch that anyone would put 2+2 together. Now that I think about it, it is Cable. If it was a normal gun it would be 3/4 his body size. Thanks for connecting the dots.

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    The one Forge made, sure. I don’t doubt others have seen an article that calls attention to it. But wow... that’s a stretch that anyone would put 2+2 together. Now that I think about it, it is Cable. If it was a normal gun it would be 3/4 his body size. Thanks for connecting the dots.
    Now for a bonus ...why didnt Destiny have pyro fry HIM for making a weapon like that but she went after Moira III for making a liquids cure....
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

The design is so specific that I'm pretty sure that when the poster was dropped with the Hickman announcement one of us guessed and hit the Googly to confirm the designs matched, since there aren't a lot of significant small firearms in X-Men.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    I never even read that depowering story...but on threads here people identified it and have made a big deal about it. I was repeating just pure theory (non spoiler just guess work)
    Cebulski said to pay atention to the gun

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Now for a bonus ...why didnt Destiny have pyro fry HIM for making a weapon like that but she went after Moira III for making a liquids cure....
    Yup. You just read my mind. The interwebz is telepathy. Perhaps there is this: a cure was something Mutants could choose or might get weaponized. Forge’s gun is a weapon. Dangerous, but perhaps not as scalable and accessible as a vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Yup. You just read my mind. The interwebz is telepathy. Perhaps there is this: a cure was something Mutants could choose or might get weaponized. Forge’s gun is a weapon. Dangerous, but perhaps not as scalable and accessible as a vaccine?
    Not perfect but i think no prize worthy