Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839404142 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Because, if she resets reality each time, all of her lives exist in a single universe/reality.

In this I don’t think Hickman was lying, just being very literal.
    I don't buy that because, if Moira resets the entire Marvel Universe each time she dies, that effectively means she ends everyone and everything, including Beyonders, Galactus, Living Tribunal, etc, and no entity can ever progress beyond the lifespan of this one woman

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    (1) time travel through sending consciousness backward, as happened in DOFP, is still time travel;
    (2) LIFE I M has nothing to do with X Men; LIFE II M dies on a plane; LIFE III M finds The Cure... how are these not alternate realities?

(A) Hickman lied, which is fair play for a writer of scifi/fantasy; or
    (B) the 9 lives are all a simulation in:

Attachment 87009

I didn't make this up -- right there on the 1st page of POX#1... for more info:

Attachment 87008
    In the post of mine that you quoted, I was responding to someone who said it would be a time travel story if X^3 was in the future, but not if it was the memory of one of Moira’s past lives, and I was mostly arguing that neither of those sound like time travel to me.

But I would still say that it’s not an “alternate reality” story in the usual sense if all the alternate realities are mostly just pretext for the action occurring in the main reality. I think the main thing I’m getting at there, and probably what Hickman wanted to make clear, is that the usual connotation of an “alternate reality story” is that it comes with a “then everyone woke up” at the end, which can make it harder to invest in the idea that it ‘matters’. So, yes, it deals with alternate realities and if that makes it an Alternate Reality Story to you I won’t argue with the taxonomy; I mostly just don’t think the main reality is one that everyone will snap out of at the end.

It is intriguing that Xavier is in The World in that panel, though. The World otherwise hasn’t really been acknowledged in any other story pages thus far, has it? So it would seem that it still has a role to play. Your theory as to what is as good as any; I’m just still skeptical that anything super significant we’ve seen will turn out to be a simulation. I remain open to any plot point playing out in a more compelling way than I can imagine, though..

Has anybody noticed that Vulcan has not yet appeared, though he was on the promotional art of HoX/PoX?
    He's also on the X-Men team. But so far no sign of him.

Also I do wonder when are we going to find about these Sinister Rumors? Will it be within HoX and PoX, or i it to be solved during DoX?

Also I thought we were focusing on Moira's life times, now suddenly a shift to Bar Sinister, Essex becoming flamboyant, failed humor and rumors.
    Last edited by Jesse-James; 09-13-2019 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Has anybody noticed that Vulcan has not yet appeared, though he was on the promotional art of HoX/PoX?

Also I do wonder when are we going to find about these Sinister Rumors? Will it be within HoX and PoX, or i it to be solved during DoX?

Also I thought we were focusing on Moira's life times, now suddenly a shift to Bar Sinister, Essex becoming flamboyant, failed humor and rumors.
    Vulcan was at least mentioned, obliquely, among the Sinister gossip. Very curious to see how all the stuff from that huge Mark Brooks teaser spread (which also seems to be the cover for the collection) that hasn’t appeared yet could possibly factor in to the remaining four issues. I mean, we’ve got X-Baby Havok, Weapon X Wolverine, roller disco Dazzler, young Storm... what else? At this point it seems like either everything won’t actually be in the issues and they’re just on the cover to symbolize the vastness of x-continuity, or there’s actually going to be a tour of Moira’s influence throughout history which somehow touches on all those things (and also the Mojoverse, somehow?)

I have problems with the implication of Moira restarting the universe instead of creating parallel universes.

Because we have the problem that are characters that travel between dimensions in a casual way. What happens if Moira dies while Captain Britain for example is in another universe? Can't go back to his universe? Does Moira restart ALL the Multiverse?

I'm not sure the Sinister Secrets are hints at what's coming so much as they're insights into the way Hickman views some aspects of X-Men lore/history, skewed to be kinda funny.

Regardless, I feel extremely confident that #2 is referencing mutant fashion designer Jumbo Carnation.

-Pav, who enjoys Sassy Sinister...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse-James View Post
    Vulcan isn't "alive" yet it isn't big guess know anymore. We know the dead X-men are alive because of Dawn of X, We saw people coming out of the "Pods" in issue 1, We know that Sinister has all of the genetic samples of X-men. We know there is an event that brings back most of X-men that Rosenberg killed which is a large amount. The story will explain how and why they are being brought back. The only question is which unexpected dead mutants will be brought back as well, Synch? Skin? Sway? Petra? Students who died in the explosion?

BANNED

Gillen Sinister back in action..now bring on Exodus.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesslow View Post
    I don't buy that because, if Moira resets the entire Marvel Universe each time she dies, that effectively means she ends everyone and everything, including Beyonders, Galactus, Living Tribunal, etc, and no entity can ever progress beyond the lifespan of this one woman
    Precisely. Then it becomes a puzzle to be solved. Radical action would be required. I suspect the radical action was to take the cure in life 10 before she came of age, and then go all-in and use all of her knowledge and insight to ensure this life works out better for everyone.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I have problems with the implication of Moira restarting the universe instead of creating parallel universes.

Because we have the problem that are characters that travel between dimensions in a casual way. What happens if Moira dies while Captain Britain for example is in another universe? Can't go back to his universe? Does Moira restart ALL the Multiverse?
    It wouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference because it would technically reset time itself regardless of universes. Her power is technically to rewind all events including people travelling between dimensions.

This doesn’t make her power more or less powerful, it just means it’s more of a problem to solve because it is technically stalling time.

Also logically it wouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference to a universe that didn’t send or receive a time-traveller to the prime universe. Their time would just replay the same way.
    Last edited by JKtheMac; 09-13-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Precisely. Then it becomes a puzzle to be solved. Radical action would be required. I suspect the radical action was to take the cure in life 10 before she came of age, and then go all-in and use all of her knowledge and insight to ensure this life works out better for everyone.
    She may have the choice taken away from her...one teaser promotion had young cable (wifi) holding a depowering gun...
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

Just recently read this issue..... Bar Sinister?
    Is this a holdout From BattleWorld?
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-13-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Interesting how the approach to Bar Sinister is framed very similarly to the approach to Magneto’s island in PoX 2. Given that we keep getting scenes of prominent villains being recruited, I think I can safely expect that we’ll get a similar scene for Apocalypse in a later issue, and finally Arcade.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    She may have the choice taken away from her...one teaser promotion had young cable (wifi) holding a depowering gun...
    Could you please use spoiler tags for that kind of thing.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Interesting how the approach to Bar Sinister is framed very similarly to the approach to Magneto’s island in PoX 2. Given that we keep getting scenes of prominent villains being recruited, I think I can safely expect that we’ll get a similar scene for Apocalypse in a later issue, and finally Arcade.
    That Arcade part isn't funny.
    "Cable was right!"