Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

I want Scott/Logan/Silver Samurai, I want Jean/Medusa/Blackagar, and then I want Emma/Liquor/A 9mm
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    No, now I know you're trolling
    To be technical, I was being flippant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    There’s also two contexts that shape the dialogue. Jean is giving a tour to new mutant kids who are finding out more about the island, there is no grandiose posturing needed. Magneto didn’t explicitly say that humans can’t come. He’s talking to ambassadors about their island as they’re in the middle of trying to win sovereignty and that includes drawing boundaries of what those elected officials can and cannot see.
    Have we seen any humans set foot on Krokoa yet? Not arguing against your theory, just looking for facts.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Have we seen any humans set foot on Krokoa yet? Not arguing against your theory, just looking for facts.
    Besides Shogo (Which yeah, is probably a special case), no. But then again, we haven’t seen much of Krakoa.

Another thought crossed my mind re: Apocalypse and the chasm.

Seems like a bridge to MCU Eternals vs. Deviants w/Deviants coming out of that chasm, no?

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    Another thought crossed my mind re: Apocalypse and the chasm.

Seems like a foundation for Eternals vs. Deviants w/Deviants coming out of that chasm, no?
    Were the Deviants banished? It looks like whatever Apocalypse and his Horseman did they were able to seal the breach but the cost was the loss of the other sentient island.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Whoever plays the role, they need to study Tim Curry in his Rocky Horror prime. Xavier (Brad) and Magneto (Janet) were the two starched squares showing up at Frankenfurter’s (Sinister’s) castle. Say what you want, Magneto’s smirk cast him as Janet.

SPOILER ALERT: In Rocky Horror, Frankenfurter’s an alien tinkering w/genetics and trying to leave the planet... seeking ascension if you will.
    Swoons. Oh, Frank! I am *such* a fangirl!
    And Logan would make the perfect Eddie...

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Were the Deviants banished? It looks like whatever Apocalypse and his Horseman did they were able to seal the breach but the cost was the loss of the other sentient island.
    Issue said they were pushed into the chasm w/the original 4 horsemen and closed. Sounds banished.

I’ve read Marvel since the early 80s and always heard reference to Eternals vs. Deivants lore but never read stories that got into the details. I believe Deviants were banished literally underground, giving rise to monsters and things like the Mindless ones. I could have precise details wrong.
    Last edited by HomoSuperior; 09-11-2019 at 11:01 AM.

Issue said they were pushed into the chasm w/the original 4 horsemen and closed. Sounds banished.

I’ve read Marvel since the early 80s and always heard reference to Eternals vs. Deivants lore but never read stories that got into the details. I believe Deviants were banished literally underground, giving rise to monsters and things like the Mindless ones. I could have precise details wrong.
    Yeah that was what I was confused about, I don't think these guys were the deviants. But I am curious if this could be Surtur and his army attempting to invade Earth.

So I am reading it again and the polyamor secret doesn't sound about Emma/Jean/Logan/Scott to me. It sounds more like Logan banged Maddie while Scott was getting back with Jean to me.

The Ernst secret is fun because it means Hickman read Spiderman and the X-Men lol

A lot of Summers brothers? I guess Gambit and Adam X will be confirmed?

And lol at Sinister playing both Xavier and Erik.

Have we got scans of my baby Dougie???

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Have we got scans of my baby Dougie???
    Can I post scans here?

He was great, I love Doug!

I also want to know more about the projects by Forge, Sage, Trinary, Black Tom and Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah that was what I was confused about, I don't think these guys were the deviants. But I am curious if this could be Surtur and his army attempting to invade Earth.
    Marvel wiki says this:

With their higher mutation rate, Deviants evolved faster than humans. Thus, they developed technology sooner. By approximately 20,000 BCE, they had built cities, above and below ground, and developed genetic engineering. Only their mistrust of each other and their constant battles with the Eternals had kept them from conquering Earth
    Hmm... seems like per X-lore, humans w/technology are actually the Deviants and Mutants are Eternals.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Before I go back and read all the comments, I have to say that I loved this issue. I LOVE Hickman's Magneto, and Charles and Sinister sound great. Like, more Sinister for life please! Very cool to understand why Sinister has been obsessed with mutant genetics for so long - nice play, Hickman.

I've always liked Doug but I adored him in this. This panel made me very happy:

Attachment 86866

He's pretty much responsible for physically putting this whole thing together with Krakoa and I love his enthusiasm.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Scans are fair game. Doug was amazing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey