Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've seen some speculation it might have to do with Limbo. Funnily enough, Surtur has spent time in a place called Limbo.

Attachment 86942

Attachment 86943
    Great find. Inferno happened when Madelyn entered a pact with the demon. I think I read CB Cebulski wrote the sequel X-Infernus? Seems like they are putting it all together somehow.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I knew the name was familiar, but I also kept thinking it had to be about the soulsword.
    I'm hoping it's moving towards a unified theory of x-demonology that ties together Limbo demons and the Soulsword (echoing Surtur), Inferno, Maddye, Apocalypse, the Horsemen, Krakoa, Roma, Otherworld, the N'Garai, etc. Throw in the Native American Adversary and Demon Bear stuff while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by jmshapyro View Post
    I'm hoping it's moving towards a unified theory of x-demonology that ties together Limbo demons and the Soulsword (echoing Surtur), Inferno, Maddye, Apocalypse, the Horsemen, Krakoa, the N'Garai, etc. Throw in the Native American Adversary and Demon Bear stuff while you're at it.
    Pretty cool. I was always a little frustrated by the soulsword and eldritch armor. Their nature was always teased but I don’t recall explanations why Kitty or others like Amanda could use the soulsword, or what it might mean that Illyana’s armor was growing for unknown reasons. Lots of mystery but no payoff.

BANNED

Yeah, those things out of the chasm looked like Limbo to me, but what do I know.

What are some good Gillen Sinister issue #s? I had a hard time following along with “Unit.” I was intrigued but seems like it stopped short or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    What are some good Gillen Sinister issue #s? I had a hard time following along with “Unit.” I was intrigued but seems like it stopped short or something.
    IIRC the first 2-3 issues have a Sinister arc, then #14-17. All are worthwhile, but so is that whole run.

Unit was truncated by the crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’m also getting a hint of Vincent Price.

OMG! I didn't even see that until you threw it out there! That is brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    IIRC the first 2-3 issues have a Sinister arc, then #14-17. All are worthwhile, but so is that whole run.

Unit was truncated by the crossover.
    Specifically, #1-4, #14-17, and then a coda in #20. A + X #5 had a brief but non-essential follow-up.

I agree, the whole run is worth reading. And actually is worth starting at the Fear Itself tie-in from the end of the previous volume, for the Colossus-Juggernaut set up. (Gillen was able to spin a surprising amount of gold out of Fear Itself)

I'm hoping it's moving towards a unified theory of x-demonology that ties together Limbo demons and the Soulsword (echoing Surtur), Inferno, Maddye, Apocalypse, the Horsemen, Krakoa, Roma, Otherworld, the N'Garai, etc. Throw in the Native American Adversary and Demon Bear stuff while you're at it.
    Now that would be interesting. There's definitely some synthesizing worth doing.

Now that I think about it, a Surtur connection to Limbo and the Soulsword wouldn't be too wild, seeing as the New Mutants are already fairly tinged by Asgardian ties.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-11-2019 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphicisnovel View Post
    Do you guys think that knowing Jean and Cyclops will die fighting for him is enough to make Charles come to Sinister and get the ball rolling on a cloning safety net for his sacrificial students? Even seemingly....knowing Sinister will try to betray him.
    I think he knew from the get-go that in order to "prevent" the rise of Nimrod people would die, hence he had already gone to Sinister before Krokoa even went into being for that specific contingency.
    And I also recall some mention of Sinister during the Apocalypse timeline having a hand in the creation of the Chimera's, so that begs the questions, will we see the chimera's again in this timeline or in the 11th one? And is the secret partnership with Sinister what made Moira go into hiding? Is it another part of her grand plan to stop the rise of the Sentinels? Still too many questions and we are entering the endgame soon.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Where is Moira? It's time for Mom to come out of hiding. She's the best part of this whole damn thing.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

I'd like to understand Azazel and the brimstone dimension too

BANNED

Ooh, that's right. Isn't Coates working with the Adversary atm in BP? Any new revelations there?

I thought the N'Garai were not originally an X-Men villain, though I may be wrong. What about Kulan Gath? That takeover of his seemed like a big deal back in the day but IIRC it wasn't any kind of line-wide crossover.

Let’s stay on topic folks. Just deleted 15 posts. Stop making me work so hard

Speaking of on topic....I enjoyed this issue again although the gossip page kind of took me out of the moment. I think having it placed at the end of the issue would’ve worked better. Someone mentioned that Xavier looked like his sister when taking Doug to Krakoa, I noticed that as well. I think that definitely isn’t a coincidence. Excited for next week like always!
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    I’m also getting a hint of Vincent Price.

who knew Vincent was such a snack?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!