Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

The future section continues to feel somewhat incomplete without the whole picture, but it's intriguing.

The past section was hella fun, I love how Hickman's portrayal of Sinister from Secret Wars remained consistent here. So much better than Gillen's.

The present section was fascinating. Lovely to have some new background on how current Krakoa came to be. The monsters are apparently from the first X-Men arc and once again the First Horsemen are brought up. Charles wearing Cassandra's outfit is no coincidence LMAO It's nice to see my boy Doug having some prominence. Also, the chart for the communication system was great. Nice to see Trinary and Safe being used.

9/10. Stellar artwork and script.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I'm surprised more people aren't talking about the fact that we FINALLY get to see Xavier without his helmet in X1.
    I kept thinking it was cassandra nova. the one scene where he takes the hat off we can't clearly see his face because the sun is in the way. MAybe he has something on his forehead like somone said or something on his head.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by HomoSuperior View Post
    That cocoon was awfully... krakoa-ish. But that would mean Madelyn/Jean absorbed Madelyn/Goblin Queen?

Has anyone visited John Byrne’s site and read the story he’s releasing one page at a time? He’s slowly revealing something different happened to the Phoenix and Jean. So far, it’s looking like few were aware Lilandra extracted Phoenix and placed it in some sort of containment cell on her ship. Meanwhile Jean was reduced to having the mind of a five year old... regressed not unlike the most recent HOX appearance.

That's what i'm thking. Madelyn/JEan absorbed goblin queen. What if JEan in the cocoon wasn't healing but being downloaded with original jean's memories somehow.
    I have read it but i haven't checked it out in months.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    "Years ago, a deceased redheaded pretender made a pact with the devil. When she passed on, most believed any secrets she had went with her to the grave. Won't everyone be surprised when they find out not only is this not true, but she left behind a whole lot more than secrets."

You could read the 'not only is this not true' part as referring to her not actually being dead. That's how I take it anyway given Secret #5.

If Madelyn never died--or if she's been resurrected--then technically Scott and Jean are still involved in an 'affair,' since he never divorced Madelyn.

You've also got Sinister Secret #9, which makes reference to a 'non-couple couple' that's been apart for a long time, with fireworks expected to ensue when they meet up again and the word...Inferno.

I'm definitely thinking all signs point to Madelyne!
    Madelyne was resurrected by Enchantress and Arkea...

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Clearly the Sinister from Battleworld survived when Battleworld was destroyed like The Maker, somehow, and created Bar Sinister on Earth Prime.
    Honestly I think Hickman is just revealing that Sinister always had a swanky crystal island.

The future section always requires all my few brain cells. It's confusing. They know the Phalanx will only assimilate machines so the Librarian put his mind in a machine, but how do they expect to ascend if they cannot be assimilated?

and in x1000 is the librarian trying to get mutant dna into the Phalanx since i would assume Phalanx must reach across time and space. So if the phalanx which can't absorb organic dna has mutant dna would it recognize mutants as robotic which could prevent sentinels from attacking them or will it force the machinery to mutate so it identifies itself as some sort of mutant to keep mutants safe. Or perhaps by putting in the mutant dna that has been collected those particular mutants will be seen as assets to the phalanx and somehow protected across time and space?
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The future section always requires all my few brain cells. It's confusing. They know the Phalanx will only assimilate machines so the Librarian put his mind in a machine, but how do they expect to ascend if they cannot be assimilated?
    Oh snap, what if they are hoping Moira with all her experience will somhow become the primary collective for the phalanx effectively making her immortal and friend to mutants.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, they kind of talk about having some way to make it happen but obviously Hickman is just teasing us with this, so most likely it somehow leads into affecting the present story in someway that will be a shock.

they have to become machines? seems like it was being tested

Spectacular Member

Is it possible that present day Xavier is actually Sinister? We have not seen him without his helmet off and in this issue he was wearing a hat. Could he be hiding a sinister gem on his forehead?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    yeah which leads me to beleive thats not 616
    And we were doing so well too.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    And is it just me or is the book implying that Sinister had something to do with what happened to John Proudstar and he may not have died in the plane crash like we thought. I mean count nefaria does look a bit like sinister.
    I guess since Moira never died Chaos War: X-Men is just an AU now or something. So perhaps.

Unless Shi'ar Golems have souls.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I guess since Moira never died Chaos War: X-Men is just an AU now or something. So perhaps.

Unless Shi'ar Golems have souls.
    You're forgetting the hilarious possibility that Live Moira herself, monitoring the situation, went 'oh ****' and promptly blended in with the other actually dead folks, acting casual and pretending to be one of them.

I kinda think that they're hoping that if the Phalanx approves of the AI version of them, they'll let the fleshy versions join their club. Otherwise you'd think they'd have prepped AI transfer for all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    they have to become machines? seems like it was being tested
    So this was like the Phalanx trying to turn them into machine?

IMG_20190911_213127.jpg