Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

I think this issue deserves 8 out of 10 for the scenes with Sinister and his secrets. But I couldn't care less about what happens in the future involving ascension and Phalanx.

Is Black Tom Cassidy responsible for the island defense system?
    WTF .

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    It's hard to believe anything he says for me now after the Madelyne thing.
    There’s nothing contradicting what we already knew about Madelyne.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    More Dead X-Men:

Attachment 86890Attachment 86891Attachment 86892

I don't really see that. I think time is just malleable in the Marvel Universe. It's been explained in-universe, even. Twice.
    either way and i don't believe jdw after the madelyne thing when i'm sure he knew mention of her would be made in this issue. But if Cyclops is 27 and he was 17 when he started that makes it 10 years. There is no way around that. Even if he is 30 it's still only be 13 years at max but he has been adamant cyclops is 27. Also Marvel Comics 1000 shows an unknown Storm saving a little girl 11 years ago marvel time and the doctors and nurses had no idea who she was. I'm pretty sure if the x-men had been around 15 years or so people would know who Storm was. Not many black women with white hair shooting lightning and flying.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

john sophie.jpg

I'd mostly just like this bit to be remembered.

I don't know why I'm so enthusiastic about Chaos War: X-Men, but I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I meant where he said about Madelyne.

This sort of goes back to my Stryfe answer–I am not keen on bringing back another duplicate. Continuity was not kind to Madelyne. She’s buried under a huge pile of things that make any but deep lore divers’ heads spin. I think the “simplest” version of her story and continuity is she showed up looking mysteriously similar to Jean, she lived a life of good and bad things while Jean was dead, then it turned out she was a clone built to mess with Scott and co, and she died and was merged with the real Jean. That’s a closed loop that I am OK with and I’d rather not have her around to muck it up. That said, if someone came up with a good enough story reason, I am willing to be convinced.
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...26-x-villains/

he had to know madelyne was already about to come up.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    People take editorial quotes too seriously and extrapolate that some characters or plot points can never reappear because of one editor having an opinion. Bottom line: If Hickman wants to use something, it's probably going to happen.

>Enjoyable issue.
    >Beautiful art.
    >Still not interested in the future story beyond wondering how a version of Nimrod is still there... and why everyone's now blue.
    >Interesting Krakoa backstory. Can't wait to see its other half and the First Four Horsemen.
    >Unless major retcons are done, Apocalypse can't be referred to as the first mutant.
    >Ah, Queen Sinister. I prefer a more serious take on Essex but this bitchy version makes me smile to no end. And he's officially a mutant now since he inserted Proudstar's x-gene into himself? Interesting.
    >The gossip, though! Such camp!
    >Xavier dressed up in imperialist clothing [a la his alien twin sister] while colonizing Krakoa. Wow.

Favourite panels...
    px1.jpg
    px2.jpg
    px3.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    People take editorial quotes too seriously and extrapolate that some characters or plot points can never reappear because of one editor having an opinion. Bottom line: If Hickman wants to use something, it's probably going to happen.
    This. Hickman has a vision for his X-Men and regardless of editorial opinion, if his story is good enough then it’s getting made. And I’m sure we haven’t even seen some of the more “turn the franchise upside down” stuff he has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I meant where he said about Madelyne.

https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...26-x-villains/

he had to know madelyne was already about to come up.
    I....guess? The quote isn’t sayin much beyond JDW isn’t a fan of how screwy Madelyne’s history is and preferred it when she died during Inferno. If something is good enough featuring her, he’ll consider it. He’s never answered questions involving “when is [X] gonna appear” directly.

Oh and why was Xavier so dumb to think mind wiping one Sinister would prevent another one to take over? They had just witnessed the James Proudstar one kill the previous leading clone.

Pretty sure Bobby was 16, Scott, Jean, and Warren were 17, and Hank 18 in the beginning. I can’t prove it. I thought it was stated somewhere... I think the only age mention is when Beast has his 30th birthday in the 90’s...

Hey... I just thought of something. What about when messed with Magneto’s genetic code? He was really pissed off when he found out about that. I wonder if that’ll get brought up....

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Pretty sure Bobby was 16, Scott, Jean, and Warren were 17, and Hank 18 in the beginning. I can’t prove it. I thought it was stated somewhere... I think the only age mention is when Beast has his 30th birthday in the 90’s...
    Ala X-Men Origins, Bobby was 13 or 14, Scott Jean, and Warren were 16, and Hank was 18.

Assuming it's been ~10-12 years based on what HoXPoX and Rosencanny have presented, as well as Amazing Spider-Man and other timeline defining eras of Marvel books, Bobby would be 24-26, Jean, Warren, and Scott 26-28, and Hank 30-32.

Ymmv on the actual ages of Jean, Scott, and Warren because they've all spent extended periods dead (based on the datalogs in HoXPoX, Jean was dead for at least three years altogether, meaning she should be 23-25 physically) or literally rebooted and may no longer age for a very long time. Give or take about a year that the O5 spent in the present unless they didn't age because >time travel
    Last edited by Harpsikord; 09-11-2019 at 01:22 PM.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh and why was Xavier so dumb to think mind wiping one Sinister would prevent another one to take over? They had just witnessed the James Proudstar one kill the previous leading clone.
    Arrogance. It's a character flaw of Xavier's. That said since Magneto and Xavier have the memories of Sinister they probably know he's a duplicitous snake that won't hesitate to stab them in the back.

Also let's not forget that Sinister experimented with Xavier when he was a child and was priming him to be his vessel down the line a bit of canon that Carey introduced and Hickman has gone on record saying that Carey's run on X-Men was one of his favorites.

It seems likely to me that all the secrets are lies except for one. Probably 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah that struck me as odd. The entire room watched what happened and heard the deal. I guess Xavier mindwiped the whole room but still...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silence. View Post
    It seems likely to me that all the secrets are lies except for one. Probably 10.
    6 is a clear reference to the Ernst and Martha Spiderman and the XMen Story, when Ernst worked with Sinister to create a new body for Martha. I dont think they are lies.