Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    It’s HILARIOUS. If that really is happening, though, it would make complete sense. Not only is it the safest way to end that stupid love square drama, but mutants has shown so far to be evolving past concepts they once held themselves to. They don’t want to be judged by human courts, they don’t for human clothes anymore (gasp), why would they hold themselves to human rules of marriage and love?
    I would love it. I just can't believe Marvel would allow it.

I also wondered if #6 was Hickman somehow undoing the Cable/Stryfe swap from X-Cutioner's Song - IIRC, it was originally intended for Cable to be the clone. But I can't see that happening.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I haven't even read it yet but wouldn't the Progerian mutant have to be Ernst since she is really a kid but is very old for her age. I think thats what progerian disease does.
    It could be a metaphor. Many clones (like Stryfe) can have accelerated aging.

Mighty Member

It’s HILARIOUS. If that really is happening, though, it would make complete sense. Not only is it the safest way to end that stupid love square drama, but mutants has shown so far to be evolving past concepts they once held themselves to. They don’t want to be judged by human courts, they don’t for human clothes anymore (gasp), why would they hold themselves to human rules of marriage and love?
    ??? Polyamourous concepts are wholly human.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Stryfe is a bad example...he was cloned from a baby as a baby
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    Stryfe is a bad example...he was cloned from a baby as a baby
    Sure, but he has likely been regrown since, he's died so many times. It's just a handy metaphor. But hell, it could be Ernst.

Possible but the use of that word makes me think of her since she literally has that disease. Maybe sinister has promised to cure her some how. Which Martha would proably help her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I think #6 was bout Sinister and his Mutant database only because in Adamantium Agenda, Iron Man blew up the catalogue which would account for the “destroyed samples” and “sinister ties being foiled.” Plus, wasn’t Sinister supposed to be a mutant kid who rapidly aged to become Scott’s guardian? That may not exactly be it, but that would account for the “progerian mutant.”

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I can so see human visitors going back and being like they are having super powered orgies. That marvel girl was taking on two of them while floating in the sky. THEY are living.

Which will prob get the churches riled out. "We need missionaries yo go save God's other children!."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

But was Claremont's intended origin (little orphan kid) ever canonized? I thought they'd sort of used elements of it in recent years, like had that be one of his clones, but not gone all the way. I thought the official origin was still Nathaniel Essex, victorian geneticist or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Well......duh. But it isn’t wholly accepted anymore because of colonization and Western assimilation on most of the world. Just like many of the concepts that the mutants are now disavowing. For all intents and purposes, how we see and view marriage is the norm and anything else would be considered abnormal and illegal.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    #5 The best there is at what he does is having an affair with a married woman with a kid. Said woman's husband is also having an affair of his own.
    At first glance, it screams Wolverine/Jean/Cyclops/Emma, but secret #9 also seems to be about Jean and Scott, so idk.
    My guess? Wolverine is with Madelyne Pryor. She never technically divorced, her kid's Cable, and Scott's having an 'affair' with Jean.

BANNED

I guess this from the wiki entry ties to Ernst and the Adamantium Agenda?

It is later revealed that Sinister managed to infiltrate the Jean Grey School through one of its students, Ernst. Ernst provided Sinister with access to DNA samples from the mutants within the institute in exchange for providing her friend Martha Johannesen with a new body. His efforts were ultimately foiled by the students and Spider-Man, whose help was sought by Logan after the latter had become aware of the mole's existence. Sinister manages to escape although his samples are destroyed.

I guess this from the wiki entry ties to Ernst and the Adamantium Agenda?
    Oh snap o remember this. I think it was Spiderman and the xmen
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Well......duh. But it isn’t wholly accepted anymore because of colonization and Western assimilation on most of the world. Just like many of the concepts that the mutants are now disavowing. For all intents and purposes, how we see and view marriage is the norm and anything else would be considered abnormal and illegal.
    Cool, that doesn't make it not totally human.

We also did away with blood sports and other concepts, those don't stop being human concepts cause we don't do it on a mass scale anymore.

But was Claremont's intended origin (little orphan kid) ever canonized? I thought they'd sort of used elements of it in recent years, like had that be one of his clones, but not gone all the way. I thought the official origin was still Nathaniel Essex, victorian geneticist or something.
    I only know dr essex origin...where is this other one from? (Dr Essex is from a 4 part mini in 90s when jean and scott were mental time traveling)
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.