View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Panel time isn't character development.
    It still is panel time. there are characters that doesn't get any of these two. And is debatable that Scott didn't got character development

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I meant there's no winners and losers in this debate, among the posters on this forum. This is not a discussion of who "won" in Morrison's story. This, at best, a discussion of who deserved to win. Which is a question with no possible definitive answer.
    Is that the question, though? It seems to be questions of, "did Cyclops love Emma Frost" and "which character made this other character do something he didn't want to do?" While I don't think either of those questions have any merit, it is fun to see the...not definitive answers. For instance, someone said Emma Frost was raping Cyclops. That is a take that can not be ignored, regardless of when the issues came out.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    and that's what we have had since then, that even was the dominant perceptio of their relationship between Jeen and Tyke. I don't know who you ship but their story can and has moved from that. That stuck and had that impact by the simple fact that they were death. Can't keep them without talking, once you touch bottom like they did the only way you can go is above.
    I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but if I get you: no, I don't think the arrival of "Jeen" and "Tyke" meant anything for this topic. Editor's note - They went back to the past. They weren't death.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 09-14-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    That would have been realistic
    Lmao

10char

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you are saying, but if I get you: no, I don't think the arrival of "Jeen" and "Tyke" meant anything for this topic. Editor's note - They went back to the past. They weren't death.
    Jeen and Tyke will probably be ignored but their journey mattered to the characters.
    Tyke saw many things he didn't like about Adult Cyclops and changed adult Cyclops perspective
    Jeen and Tyke were taken from a point on the past where they were starting their romance. They came to the present and saw their relationship as a failure (so Morrison wasn't ignored), in fact they avoided it sometimes but just by existing they keep caring for each other like they would naturally do and feeling things for the other. Just as there are stories that have affected the relationship on bad ways there also can be stories that draw them closer. This last part could totally be ignored but it doesn't mean that it didn't happen.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-13-2019 at 09:51 PM.

I haven't read everything that has been said here, but from the first couple of pages, I didn't see the context which is needed to understand Emma/Jean/Scott.

When New X-men started, Cyclops had just spent 2 years (real time) merged with Apocalypse and was suffering from PTSD since his mind and body had been violated for a long period of time. At least a year.
    He was doing therapy with Emma because he couldn't communicate with Jean. For what it's worth. Emma took adventage of this AND scott saw Jean smooching Logan on the very first issue of Morrison's run.

But Scott really saw that? unless his classes have zoom, it would be impossible to see.

I don't think Jean getting back to Scott would be a bad thing, but it is also far away from being good. Jean needs some freshness after so many years on the bench

I still want to know ehy Jean mess up any Scott's character development

But Scott really saw that? unless his classes have zoom, it would be impossible to see.

I don't think Jean getting back to Scott would be a bad thing, but it is also far away from being good. Jean needs some freshness after so many years on the bench

I still want to know ehy Jean mess up any Scott's character development
    He had binoculars if I remember well

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Emma has then and made a comment, but i'm not 100% if she was talking about then.

Edit: I checked, Scott is the one that made the comment, i guest that it implies that he did saw it.
    Last edited by TheCape; 09-14-2019 at 11:54 AM.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    He still didn't confront Jean on that. I guess he didn't cared or still didn't saw it

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

To be very honest, I think when Emma wrongly inserted herself, Cyclops was in the midst of a kind of PTSD from the Cyclopolypse thing.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Cyclops primary concern was that his new sexual desires would be frowned upon by Jean and he wasn't comfortable asking for more adventurous sex so he wanted her to just read his mind.

He was also sexually frustrated while she was using the PF as a stimulant and had no need for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Cyclops primary concern was that his new sexual desires would be frowned upon by Jean and he wasn't comfortable asking for more adventurous sex so he wanted her to just read his mind.

He was also sexually frustrated while she was using the PF as a stimulant and had no need for it.
    Jean was asking Scott for sex

Jean was asking Scott for sex
    Which issue? She went to Wolverine to talk about her sex issues and Emma saw the fireworks. And he went to Emma. Both wanted sex but never asked the other

And the more Jean went around the world and used the PF the more detached she became and less human she became. Cyclops felt inadequate

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Which issue? She went to Wolverine to talk about her sex issues and Emma saw the fireworks. And he went to Emma. Both wanted sex but never asked the other
    She pretty much said to Scott that she miss him touching her.

She pretty much said to Scott that she miss him touching her.
    Then when he asked her to read his dirty sex ideas she didn't want to. The third issue yeah? And they had issues before that according to Wolverine in the first issue