View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 253132333435
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Jean is venting some of her feelings and frustrations...Logan doesn't say anything, he looks almost as if he's studying her, before interjecting with what she's saying needs(intimacy), then says it won't work between them
    He certainly does say something. He tells her that she and Scott belong together. That they always have. The quote was something like, couple of dudley do rights looking to save the world from whatever threatens it this week. I've mused multiple times over that quote over the years. Like, pretty good description, Grant. Too bad you didn't write them that way.

Jean is in severe emotional pain. She has been shut out physically and emotionally for 5 months. One of the last things she says is, and I'd just wish he'd hold me the way he used. So, L.ogan after first telling her that she belongs with Scott, then intiated a kiss, then broke it off saying it would never work between them? LOL, sorry, I don't think so.

I certainly don't claim to know Morrison's intention. Again, we'd need to see the plot, ask the artist or ask Morrison. I'll still give you odds on what the answer will be.

A preemptive kiss, even if the initiator of the kiss then walks away, happens in media. Sometimes played for comedy, or the initiator using the kiss to be cruel("a taste of what you'll never have again"), etc. It's even done to shut someone up...which is almost how that kiss was, but more so instead to "cut to the chase", that despite what she's going through, he cant help her with that (and he already told Scott, he has to tend to his own lawn)
    I don't recall seeing it before. But if it's been done before that it would certainly seem possible. I'll believe it in this case when someone provides some evidence.

BTW, while I would never be for a mutual Jogan kiss, IF you are going to insist on one I found this about as palatable as you could do it. The scene is not about Jean's feelings for Logan. The entire scene is about Scott and the pain and confusion she's in.

There is none of this retroactive bullshit that fill the Scott/Emma conversations. Jean's feelings for Scott have not changed one iota. She loves him as she has always loved him. She describes him as like a different person. She hardly recognizes him. Scott has come back completely different.

Another if. IF you insist on breaking Jott up, that's how it should have been done. No going backwards. Scott has come back so different that Jott no longer work. Of course I wouldn't be for that, but I would acknowledge it as at least plausible. Trying to tell me that the marriage was fake and going through the motions makes it a full stop. It's just nonsense and the books post marriage showed that. Morrison should have stuck with the NXM 117 approach. Well, certainly wouldn't want multiple repeats of Jogan kisses. But one kiss, in the context that it was presented, I could live with.

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post

I don't recall seeing it before. But if it's been done before that it would certainly seem possible. I'll believe it in this case when someone provides some evidence.
    I remember this scene from Living Single

Greg follows her to the kitchen, and she explains that she has realized the source of her bitterness; she knew that she and Greg weren't right for each other, but wishes that he had said good-bye. She kisses him and struts out of the kitchen, leaving Greg begging for more.
    http://www.tv.com/shows/living-singl...e-lying-39221/

And this from Married...with children

https://m.imgur.com/ne7Tcoq

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    And this from Married...with children

https://m.imgur.com/ne7Tcoq
    So, Kelly got Bud to dump the girl who was into him in order to risk catching an STD from one of her "dye job" bimbo friends?!? Truly? What's your point here?
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    So, Kelly got Bud to dump the girl who was into him in order to risk catching an STD from one of her "dye job" bimbo friends?!? Truly? What's your point here?
    That is not what happened...and the point is someone can initiate a kiss with someone and still walk away from that person

Just like the other example I gave when Max kisses Greg(her ex) and then walks away

http://imgur.com/a/WkVXwsB

BANNED

That's just reading more than there is in the page.
    Jean kissed Logan, Scott and Emma acted like they saw it , boom, that's the scene.
    Why is Logan being blamed for Jean going to him is something I will never understand. Unless Morrison ever stated that there's more to the scene than what's on page.

Incredible Member

Just to be clear about what I said. When I asked for someone to supply evidence I wasn't referring to examples of someone initiating a kiss with someone else, breaking it off and then walking away. While I didn't recall examples I wasn't overly doubtful that it had occurred. The evidence I was referring to was that Logan alone initiated that kiss with Jean. Something like Morrison or the artist confirming it. Or perhaps the plot pages for the story surfacing. When I see something like that then I'll believe the kiss was all on Logan. Otherwise the tenor of the scene tells me different.

Comic Geek in General

Uh uh......I made it no secret that I hated this whole development (though I warmed to it after Morrison left, it’s more the execution that annoyed me, as they could have simply had Scott and Emma happen organically over time after Jean died if that is what they wanted........actually have Scott mourn then try to fill the void without dating/ marrying another clone.......but know, Morrison further muddled things with a psychic affair and Cosmic Jean nudging Scott from the future into a relationship with Emma.......that I could have done without) and still wish that Morrison’s Run was retconned into an alternate reality.......

I guess I was deadass wrong

Gee, the result.

Double post

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    that Morrison’s Run was retconned into an alternate reality.......
    From your keyboard to Marvel's ears.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy View Post
    Uh uh......I made it no secret that I hated this whole development (though I warmed to it after Morrison left, it’s more the execution that annoyed me, as they could have simply had Scott and Emma happen organically over time after Jean died if that is what they wanted........actually have Scott mourn then try to fill the void without dating/ marrying another clone.......but know, Morrison further muddled things with a psychic affair and Cosmic Jean nudging Scott from the future into a relationship with Emma.......that I could have done without) and still wish that Morrison’s Run was retconned into an alternate reality.......
    Better to have retconned Morrison's run out of Marvel existence.