View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No he wasn't over Jean, and never got over her. Either in Morrison's run or (from what I've read) afterward.

Their marriage was going through a rough patch, they were both changing and handling things poorly. Both of them, especially Scott, were lousy at communicating their issues. Meanwhile, Scott was developing real (albeit confused) feelings for Emma. I think he thought he was going to choose Emma, the reality of how much Jean and his marriage still meant to him didn't really hit him until Jean was killed. I interpret that as the event that finally snapped him out of his funk with his marriage, but it was of course too little, too late. Jean had to telepathically reach back in time with her mind to give him a nudge towards Emma so he could heal, and even then he wasn't over her completely.

Jean wasn't over Scott in the run either. She had a greater destiny as Phoenix, essentially ascending to Godhood, and she had to let Scott (and the rest of her Earthly ties) go so she could save the universe. It's why she seemed colder to him and not able to open up herself. To me, the arc was a well written arc of a marriage dissolving that was sympathetic to both parties and could have healed if not for an outside interference (Sublime) taking the decision away from them. And even then, with comics not having an ending, the possibility of them getting back together is always on the table. They may be stronger because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Scott is a horndog. PERIODTTT

Ayyyy my SpiderMan Fans. Hey y’all! ~ I no longer read SpiderMan **** cuz OMD turned me off~

Anyway, I do think Emma is the Felicia to Scott in terms of the context and her trifling proclamation of thoticide (jk jk) but I was discussing Emma’s inner feelings about herself. Emma’s insecurities and low self confidence doesn’t stem from whether or not Scott has moved on from Jean.
    If Emma was insecure about helsef and Scott, but she could read his mind and she wasn't sure about Jean. She almost killed Hope thinking she was a Jean reincarnation
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-12-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    The amount of times Scott said to Emma "this isn't right...we shouldn't be doing this...it's Jean or nothing....I'm betraying my wife" and just flat out "No!", puts Emma in a very bad light. She kept persisting, pushing, preying, twisting Scott's feelings, and using the mind scape to rule play as Jean and blur the lines to someone trying to overcome a psychological trauma.

As a so-called "therapist", even as merely a co-worker, she ignored boundaries and was grossly unprofessional

As a telepath, she had all of the power during their "sessions" and abused it.

As a teacher(a calling she loves to boast about), she failed her prized students, not to mention endangering the lives of the whole school, due to her obsession with Scott, ignoring the Cuckoos warnings about Quentin, resulting in the Riot and Sophie's death.

Whatever problems were going on between Scott and Jean, were Scott and Jean's problems to deal with.
    Scott wanted it. he kept saying no, so why didn't he go and walk away or shut his head down. All talk and no action. he was saying no out of loyalty to jean . Scott was fighting his feelings for Emma that was real beyond the psychic affair. That's the thing with feelings, you give into them when another person acts on it. If scott had no real feelings for emma, she would have had nothing to act on.

Emma was wrong to take advantage of Scott but Scott never did anything convincing to stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    Scott is a horndog. PERIODTTT

Ayyyy my SpiderMan Fans. Hey y’all! ~ I no longer read SpiderMan **** cuz OMD turned me off~

Anyway, I do think Emma is the Felicia to Scott in terms of the context and her trifling proclamation of thoticide (jk jk) but I was discussing Emma’s inner feelings about herself. Emma’s insecurities and low self confidence doesn’t stem from whether or not Scott has moved on from Jean.
    Emma's been shown to be insecure about Jean over the years though. She initially hated Teen Jean until she realized she wasnt a threat to her and its bc of what Jean meant to Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Scott wanted it. he kept saying no, so why didn't he go and walk away or shut his head down. All talk and no action. he was saying no out of loyalty to jean . Scott was fighting his feelings for Emma that was real beyond the psychic affair. That's the thing with feelings, you give into them when another person acts on it. If scott had no real feelings for emma, she would have had nothing to act on.

Emma was wrong to take advantage of Scott but Scott never did anything convincing to stop her.
    Yeah, I think Scott should have said no and stopped it. Still it doesn't make Emma look any better, she was acting as his thrapist and used it to have sex with him. That is a form of sexual abuse

Someone could argue that him couldn't consent because of his state, I don't think it was so badly. he just wanted kinky sex and was afraid Jean would reject him, nothing really deep
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-12-2019 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, I think Scott should have said no and stopped it. Still it doesn't make Emma look any better, she was acting as his thrapist and used it to have sex with him. That is a form of sexual abuse
    sexual abuse only happens when one person is not consenting though. Cyclops was a partaker in the act as much as Emma.

sexual abuse only happens when one person is not consenting though. Cyclops was a partaker in the act as much as Emma.
    She said she was doing a therapy, that wasn't true and she was acting as therapist. No doubt on real life it owuld be considered sexual abuse. Saw some cases of therapists using sex as part of treatment and they were prosecuted as rape cases

You should probably re-think this line of reasoning, considering your exact words have been used MANY MANY times as defense for rapists in court.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You should probably re-think this line of reasoning, considering your exact words have been used MANY MANY times as defense for rapists in court.
    Quoted for truth!

There is a reason of why many didn't like Scemma until Whedon, personally i'm still torn about it in many ways.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Yeah, and it’s very in character for Emma too. She stole Storm’s body and had sex in it (aka raping a woman of color’s body) and tried to rape and mind rape O5 teen Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Yeah, and it’s very in character for Emma too. She stole Storm’s body and had sex in it (aka raping a woman of color’s body) and tried to rape and mind rape O5 teen Scott.
    The first one happened back in the 80s, and the second happened when Marvel was backtracking on the whole "Cyclops is Hitler" thing. To say either are the same character from Morrison is completely disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The first one happened back in the 80s, and the second happened when Marvel was backtracking on the whole "Cyclops is Hitler" thing. To say either are the same character from Morrison is completely disingenuous.
    We’ve seen her fling herself on Scott’s bed with wine and begging him to cheat on his wife. So I stand by what I said.

Emma was right

Even Jean told Emma “Scott needs you”. ;]
    Scott enjoyed the process, the artist made it very clear. Maddie was the one who truly raped him pretending to be Emma. If you want to talk about it so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Even Jean told Emma “Scott needs you”. ;]
    Scott enjoyed the process, the artist made it very clear. Maddie was the one who truly raped him pretending to be Emma. If you want to talk about it so much.
    Deny all you want, but it’s canon, darling.