View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 20.77%
  • No

    58 44.62%
  • It's complicated.

    45 34.62%
Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 521
  1. #466
    Extraordinary Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    8,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    The last pages are about scemma, maddie stuff.
    I'm the one who brings this topic because someone keeps blaming everything on Cyclops and saying they shouldn't exist on the same book.
    As a fan of the couple I like to point that he actually brings to the table more than most guys.
    I like the couple too and prefer it to Scott/Emma or Jean/Logan and want them to get back together.
    But making it all about who Jean should get with is on the fans or the writers who can't think of anything else to do with her. If she was a complex character with a lot of potential and lore attached to her (and she is), that shouldn't be an issue.

  2. #467
    BANNED LostZargatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Remember that Scott threw it away.
    He made a mistake but loved her to this day.
    I don't care about him outside of what he could do for Jean, which I think is more than what any other guy having a generic relationship based on superficial stuff and being carried by Jean does for her.

  3. #468
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It seems to me that fandom is making it to be about who Jean should be with, not Morrison.
    Eh, it's mostly just Spirit, most fans are indifferent or still ship her with Cyclops.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  4. #469
    BANNED PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    4,771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Eh, it's mostly just Spirit, most fans are indifferent or still ship her with Cyclops.
    Don't forget the ever feisty Jean/Ororo contingent.

  5. #470
    BANNED LostZargatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Don't forget the ever feisty Jean/Ororo contingent.
    Ororo is wonderful but I wish Jean had a better relationship with Betsy (Captain Britain now?) or Rogue.
    Characters need more significant relationships that aren't romantic.

  6. #471
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    Well she doesn't need one. Seriously, curse Morrison, she was free of the drama on an stable relationship. Now everything that matters is that she has to be someone or with who will she be.
    No, thanks, That is not development.
    I don't think she is better for or needs to date. That only does something for the guy (that at this point in time is interchangable, meaningless) but nothing for her. It is a waste of time to reward and make other characters look cool by making Jean fall for them, it feels so weak and cheap.
    Love has to be something meaningful, has to be build, has to give the character something, not for the sake of it.
    Ugh, I personally don't want that for Jean. To waste her time on that. Seriously 99% of the characters of the marvel universe are below her.

    Because it is a waste of time, if they didn't let her stay married when Jean and Scott were the X-men OTP, they aren't going to let her marry, make a family last together with someone else. We would only get more love triangles and angry fans of whatever character she dates feeling entitled to her.

    I'm a big fan of her and Scott, they grew up together, married, didn't had kids but raised one, almost all of the best Jean Grey stories have Cyclops on them. No other relationship could reach as far or last as long or be better (of course it would look better if marvel keeps the love triangles but it doesn't mean it is). What can she have with other guy? something that looks cool until other writer starts drama and she goes with someone else, like has happened with Black Widow or Scarlet Witch. I detest seeing ladies wasting time like this.
    And yet we would still have drama with someone else, I certainly hate that. To think love drama is the most important thing for her character, that the most importan thing is getting dicked, a total waste of time.
    Look at black widow and Scarlet witch having their own stories without needing a specific male cumpanion.
    How dare they?

    I know very well the stry she had with Scott, and i get why people like it very well too. But Jean getting out to meet new people can be very fun and help her character development.
    At this point I really tired of Scott and Jean, specially that I can't have a long period of time without him glued to Jean.

    And having male character interested on Jean doesn't make them look good. If Richarn Nova gets interested on Jean and she on him, that i sok. he is honorable guy that every fan should be flattered that is dating their fave.

    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    He made a mistake but loved her to this day.
    I don't care about him outside of what he could do for Jean, which I think is more than what any other guy having a generic relationship based on superficial stuff and being carried by Jean does for her.
    Mistakes should have consequences, instead of "I'm sorry" and everything is fine again.
    And this would just benefit Scott/Jean relationship
    Zethrimon unblock me

  7. #472
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what Claremont wanted and got when all was said and done via Louise Simonson...

    That isn't what Claremont ever wanted. Not anywhere I read. For the people who insist it is what he wanted, I'd like to see a source. Simonson didn't make her Jean. A clone of Jean is not Jean. Stryfe is not Cable. Problem with Maddie simply being Jean is it didn't account for D'bari. It's why Shooter wanted her punished in the first place. It's why he oked Busiek's story.

  8. #473
    BANNED LostZargatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    84

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Look at black widow and Scarlet witch having their own stories without needing a specific male cumpanion.
    How dare they?
    .
    ???
    That's what I'm saying that Jean doesn't need to be looking who she is going to date, she has more important stuff to do and shouldn't be reduced to that. Not even Wonderwoman is looking for relationships, she is more than that.
    you're the one saying she should date x or y to develop

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I know very well the stry she had with Scott, and i get why people like it very well too. But Jean getting out to meet new people can be very fun and help her character development.
    At this point I really tired of Scott and Jean, specially that I can't have a long period of time without him glued to Jean.
    .
    That is not character development, if for example Cyclops or Wolverine tomorrow dated other girl that wouldn't be character development. Ororo dating yet another guy is not character development. Is only dating someone. Jean and Scott growing up, marrying and being a family is character development.
    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    And having male character interested on Jean doesn't make them look good. If Richarn Nova gets interested on Jean and she on him, that i sok. he is honorable guy that every fan should be flattered that is dating their fave.
    Every guy falls for Jean, that's cheap. I long for something deeper, more epic, more significant.
    Anybody can be made to fall for her that is not special.
    and I don't want Jean propping guys with her feelings, that is not making her a favor, that is using her and wasting her time.
    Her love and feelings aren't cheap or a ladder.
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-15-2019 at 02:56 PM.

  9. #474
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She said that she loved him, not EXACTLY I love you. Still the point stands.

    A huge difference. She could tell Bobby, Hank or Warren that she loves them. Mind you, I'd like the issues where she told Logan that she loved him. Jean to Logan directly. Because I don't remember it happening.

  10. #475
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    No, it isn't, what Claremont wanted was for Maddie to just be a person that looked like Jean and to write Cyclops out of the X-Men. Claremont wanted Cyclops to move on from the X-Men and have a life..
    This is how I remember it.

  11. #476
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    No, it isn't, what Claremont wanted was for Maddie to just be a person that looked like Jean and to write Cyclops out of the X-Men. Claremont wanted Cyclops to move on from the X-Men and have a life. I suspect that he also wanted the New Mutants to eventually replace the X-Men so they could move on as well. I actually would have preferred that approach more as I prefer the New Mutants characters over X-Men.
    That person was a depowered Jean. The shooter ordered to kill her, then it became Maddie
    Zethrimon unblock me

  12. #477
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    A huge difference. She could tell Bobby, Hank or Warren that she loves them. Mind you, I'd like the issues where she told Logan that she loved him. Jean to Logan directly. Because I don't remember it happening.
    There is that Fatal Attractions narration that some people kept bringing up. Outside of that... i got nothing, Jean has show that she cares about him, but not in a romantic way in spite of some insistence. Honestly after Hama's Wolverine, i always though that she pretty much acts like a nurse (not a perfect comparison but is the closest thing that it comes to mind), but without any romantic tones on her part, she even refers to him as a brother at some point.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  13. #478
    Extraordinary Member TheCape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    6,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Don't forget the ever feisty Jean/Ororo contingent.
    Haven't seen one of those in a while, but yeah, is better to not forget then.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

    "I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

  14. #479
    Mighty Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    1,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    Ororo is wonderful but I wish Jean had a better relationship with Betsy (Captain Britain now?) or Rogue.
    Characters need more significant relationships that aren't romantic.
    I agree with this part. Friendships in particular hardly get attention.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

  15. #480
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    9,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    ???
    That's what I'm saying that Jean doesn't need to be looking who she is going to date, she has more important stuff to do and shouldn't be reduced to that. Not even Wonderwoman is looking for relationships, she is more than that.
    you're the one saying she should date x or y to develop
    Wonder Woman has good boy steve trevor

    Black widow had many love interests and scarlet Witch is dating brother voodoo. it doesn't take away from them

    That is not character development, if for example Cyclops or Wolverine tomorrow dated other girl that wouldn't be character development. Ororo dating yet another guy is not character development. Is only dating someone. Jean and Scott growing up, marrying and being a family is character development.
    Not every good relationship needs to lead to marriage to be important. Emma and Cyclops didn't marry, but i can't deny it wasn't important

    Every guy falls for Jean, that's cheap. I long for something deeper, more epic, more significant.
    Anybody can be made to fall for her that is not special.
    and I don't want Jean propping guys with her feelings, that is not making her a favor, that is using her and wasting her time.
    Her love and feelings aren't cheap or a ladder.
    If every guy falls for Jean, wouldn't she be tempted to try someone? Scott now shouldn't have the same power he had pre-cheating. She should be more free
    Zethrimon unblock me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •