View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 20 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

I'm catching up on so many things these days, one of them was Phoenix Resurrection: The return of Jean Grey.
    On the last issue Cyclops is resurrected by the Phoenix as a way to lure Jean, on this brief but nice exchange Scott apologized to Jean and said that he always will love her.
    Everybody forgot about that or what?
    It answers the purpose of this thread, he loves her and always will
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-13-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean Grey has never and will never get to react in any way to what happened. She's back and the books pretend the Morrison run didn't happen to her. I find the psychology behind that fascinating.
    She did, she was sad on Morrison's run.
    She saw her future as a teen on All New X-men and didn't like it, I'm on Phoenix Resurrection and Scott thouches the topic and apologizes. He felt bad, Jean felt bad.

I feel like I'm reading diferent books, nobody reads these things or only take/ignore what serve each users agenda
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-13-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Severe problems being extreme PTSD from his possession by Apocalypse.
    and it was solved by have kinky mind sex with Emma? Because I never see him treating the PSTD, only the sex part

Guys, a grown man deciding to cheat is never the fault of the man who cheated. The poor little lamb.

It's still talked about because Jean Grey has never and will never get to react in any way to what happened. She's back and the books pretend the Morrison run didn't happen to her. I find the psychology behind that fascinating.
    Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    I'm catching up on so many things these days, one of them was Phoenix Resurrection: The return of Jean Grey.
    On the last issue Cyclops is resurrected by the Phoenix as a way to lure Jean, on this brief but nice exchange Scott apologized to Jean and said that she always will love her.
    Everybody forgot about that or what?
    It answers the purpose of this thread, he loves her and always will
    I think the 5 minutes she got in Resurrection, which glossed over all of that is the most we will unfortunately get especially since there's been a time jump and presumably that conversation would have already happened

It wasn't that she HAD become that, it was that she was BECOMING that. She struggled with it quite a bit, including her chat with Charles before Fantomex arrived.
    More revisionism...she wasn't struggling, she says everyone ELSE was worried about her expanding powers, and wanted Xavier to tell Scott she wasn't turning evil.

Same thing was happening before when Jean said she's tired of holding herself back because of the fears of others (post-OZT)...Scott projects a lot and always freaks out if Jean isn't "weak"...so many thought bubbles from him over the years worrying if Jean can handle task. Jean would tell him several times in X-Factor that she's fine, don't baby her...hell he accused her of being the Phoenix in early X-Factor simply because she was able to stop a helicopter from falling off a building and then levitate the team inside it.

He doesn't support her growth....he just wants to preserve her in amber in the teenaged Marvel Girl state that he first met her in.

Storm came for Scott perfectly after the team got separated battling Magneto in his underground lair, and each side thought the other died

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    jean pretty much said the same thing said to Logan to Scott. She was trying to reach to Scott and him didn't wanted it.
    the mistake is only from Scott.
    Had Wolverine not told her no and instead reciprocated, Jean might have ended up in a similar situation to Scott. Regardless of what Jean told Logan, there was no reason for them to kiss afterward. When people help friends with their problems and lend an ear for support, I don't think it is normal to end up kissing them on the the mouth.

Also, I'm a bit confused. You argued that Emma raped Scott yet it's his fault for the affair?
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

and it was solved by have kinky mind sex with Emma? Because I never see him treating the PSTD, only the sex part
    He went to Jean, Jean refused to help. He went to Charles, he refused to help. The options were go to Emma, or blow his brains out. I know you would have preferred the latter, but that wasn't the choice he made.

Guys, a grown man deciding to cheat is never the fault of the man who cheated, the poor little lamb. Blame those devil wenches. Scarlet letters for all the harlots who were never doing enough for him!

It's still talked about because Jean Grey has never and will never get to react in any way to what happened. She's back and the books pretend the Morrison run didn't happen to her. I find the psychology behind that fascinating.
    That is needlessly reductive and 100% not helpful. Scott was at fault. The fault for the whole mess is

60% Emma
    25% Scott
    10% Jean
    5% Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Had Wolverine not told her no and instead reciprocated, Jean might have ended up in a similar situation to Scott. Regardless of what Jean told Logan, there was no reason for them to kiss afterward. When people help friends with their problems and lend an ear for support, I don't think it is normal to end up kissing them on the the mouth.

Also, I'm a bit confused. You argued that Emma raped Scott yet it's his fault for the affair?
    Maybe, but I find it really hard. She poured her hear over scott to Logan, when kissing Logan she kept her body distant to him. pretty easy to see it wasn't going anywhere that night.
    And I can't simply see jean as someone that from nowhere get the hots and do sex on the woods LOL
    how many times Logan kissed Jean and it went nowhere.

He still badmouthed Jean and didn't stop going to see Emma, so yes, he is at fault again

He went to Jean, Jean refused to help. He went to Charles, he refused to help. The options were go to Emma, or blow his brains out. I know you would have preferred the latter, but that wasn't the choice he made.
    Jean didn't refused to help, she wanted to talk and he didn't. I don't think she reading his mind would be any helpful.
    I don't remember Charles refusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    you are trying to say that he never loved Jean?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    I agree that editorial took the easy way out by killing Jean off. There's plenty that was wrong with that, and more so why it was done. This whole triangle was born from a very questionable set of circumstances, it was perpetuated by warping Scott and Jean's relationship and history basically beyond recognition. Writing Jean out was equally ham handed, but fit the established pattern. This is an inevitable consequence of deciding on a story and discarding characterization to make it happen. It's hardly uncommon. This was just had much bigger consequences than most.

Now it's Hickman's mess, inherited from Rosenberg who did the only thing he really could with it. He decided that it didn't matter anymore. Given the time he had to work with which was basically a few pages in PR 5 and a few pages in UXM 22, I don't think there was any other way. Marvel, I think, mostly wants us to collectively forget about the whole thing, which in the end may end up being for the best. I highly doubt there's a resolution with the affair that would satisfying even the majority, let alone everyone. That said, that may yet explore that in the future, but I wouldn't count on it.
    Rosenberg could had left to other writer handle that. That would have been the best, but then Hickman came along with a time jump and I don't see him interested on romance drama. There was too little of romance drama on FF and Avengers.
    I still think they should let other writers deal with it in the future. Scott apologizing didn't made a good moment at all

you are trying to say that he never loved Jean?

Rosenberg could had left to other writer handle that. That would have been the best, but then Hickman came along with a time jump and I don't see him interested on romance drama. There was too little of romance drama on FF and Avengers.
    I still think they should let other writers deal with it in the future. Scott apologizing didn't made a good moment at all
    I know you would have preferred Jean just telling him to **** off and killing him slowly, but that wasn't going to happen.

I know you would have preferred Jean just telling him to **** off and killing him slowly, but that wasn't going to happen.
    That would have been realistic

Then you fundamentally don't understand your favorite character at any level at all, period. If Jean really carried grudges to the level that you think she does, most of the X-villains would have been atomized a long time ago. Black Bolt tried to murder every mutant on the planet. Multiple people tried to or killed Charles. Xorneto killed HER. She forgave them all.

That seems rather extreme. Married couples have trouble all the time, I haven't met the first one that didn't have them. In fact my own parents cheated each other.
    But while that drama is pretty bad, it isn't this terrorific unforgivable thing.
    certainly not enought to kill someone for that.

Besides Scott has always cared and loved her, it is not like he is some stranger but a person she has know for almost all her live and loved deepely