View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 30 of 35 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    While we are making up our own X-Men stories, remember that time Storm made it rain on the sun?
    She said that she loved him, not EXACTLY I love you. Still the point stands.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Claremont wanted Maddie to be Jean without memories, I guess it was a massive mess up by editorial that he had to screw over Maddie.
    First time I've ever seen you say someone screwed over Maddie who wasn't Scott. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Actually, that's exactly what Claremont wanted and got when all was said and done via Louise Simonson...
    No, it isn't, what Claremont wanted was for Maddie to just be a person that looked like Jean and to write Cyclops out of the X-Men. Claremont wanted Cyclops to move on from the X-Men and have a life. I suspect that he also wanted the New Mutants to eventually replace the X-Men so they could move on as well. I actually would have preferred that approach more as I prefer the New Mutants characters over X-Men.

I think the X-Men need another relationship shakeup.
    1. Orroro and Scott need to start dating.
    2. Jean and Logan, or possibly Bishop, or even Warren can start dating. Or even better, Jean could use a harem and let her have Logan, Bishop, and Warren all at once!
    3. Emma needs to have a torrid affair with Kitty and teach her the secrets of sapphic love so Kitty stops wasting time on useless men.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the X-Men need another relationship shakeup.
    1. Orroro and Scott need to start dating.
    2. Jean and Logan, or possibly Bishop, or even Warren can start dating. Or even better, Jean could use a harem and let her have Logan, Bishop, and Warren all at once!
    3. Emma needs to have a torrid affair with Kitty and teach her the secrets of sapphic love so Kitty stops wasting time on useless men.
    I would appreciate it more if they stopped wasting panel space on the useless relationship melodrama that ends up going nowhere because I am so over it.

all this pain could've been avoided if pragmatic ethics schmethics telepath xavier imprinted some celibacy but nooooooooooo
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

xavier: how about yall be a little less....horny. please

x-men: *all immediately die on their third mission*

XAVIER: I need a new team of mutants with no horny or at least no game!

WHIRLWIND: Just found out about mutant genocide, **** sucks bro...
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    No, it isn't, what Claremont wanted was for Maddie to just be a person that looked like Jean and to write Cyclops out of the X-Men. Claremont wanted Cyclops to move on from the X-Men and have a life. I suspect that he also wanted the New Mutants to eventually replace the X-Men so they could move on as well. I actually would have preferred that approach more as I prefer the New Mutants characters over X-Men.
    Claremont never wanted to bring Jean back, he was forced by marvel publishers to do so. this was claremont's thoughts oncyclops/maddie

Maddie and Scott had zero depth and are not comparable to him and emma, with emma , it was love, lust , guilt and complications. With Maddie it was just one word. infatuation.

The only thing good that came out of Scott/Maddie was Cable. a character who was more accepting of the Scott and Emma romance than Rachel Grey Summers

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Claremont never wanted to bring Jean back, he was forced by marvel publishers to do so. this was claremont's thoughts oncyclops/maddie

Maddie and Scott had zero depth and are not comparable to him and emma, with emma , it was love, lust , guilt and complications. With Maddie it was just one word. infatuation.

The only thing good that came out of Scott/Maddie was Cable. a character who was more accepting of the Scott and Emma romance than Rachel Grey Summers
    Maddie and Scott didn't need depth because it was a relationship that have been taken place mostly off panel.

Claremont did not bring Jean back Bob Layton did. The only reason Jean came back was because Layton wanted to write the original 5 X-Men and create the series X-Factor but he did not even commit and left series only after 5 issues handing it over to Louise Simonson. So Layton basically messed up Claremonts plans for the X-Men to write 5 issues sad really.

Emma was right

Scott/Maddie was creepy as hell. It’s so unhealthy to date a person who looks like your dead wife.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Clairemont killed Jean the first time. Nobody calls Clairemont a hack or the worst writer ever. Because editorial brought her back in a fairly short time frame, after Maddie was a huge failure.

I don't blame Morrison. I blame Quesada and editorial.
    Maddie was a failure?

Scott and Emma were just two messed up individuals seeking refuge and acceptance in their mutual messed-up-ness. And for what? They didn't last long as a couple

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Scott/Maddie was creepy as hell. It’s so unhealthy to date a person who looks like your dead wife.
    Yep. That romance was doomed no matter what, Jean didn't have to come back to destroy it.
    Why not just hook Scott up with Lee Forrester, who up and vanishes from the book as soon as Maddie shows up? It would have been healthier, and it's not like Maddie was that much more complex than Lee pre-clone revelation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yep. That romance was doomed no matter what, Jean didn't have to come back to destroy it.
    Why not just hook Scott up with Lee Forrester, who up and vanishes from the book as soon as Maddie shows up? It would have been healthier, and it's not like Maddie was that much more complex than Lee pre-clone revelation anyway.
    Lee Forrester was introduced almost immediately after Jean died. She was a rebound in every sense of the word and would have likely suffered the same fate as Maddie in terms of the relationship failing. The fact is, it was too soon for Scott to be with anyone and he should have been single for far longer than Claremont made him. He and Maddie were married within a few issues of him meeting her and I know time didnt move that fast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    Scott and Emma were just two messed up individuals seeking refuge and acceptance in their mutual messed-up-ness. And for what? They didn't last long as a couple
    I didnt like them but I dont think its correct to say they didnt last long as a couple. 2004-2012 is a relatively long time in the comic book space. Its not like they ever went away either bc their relationship was frontburner material for that entire period
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-15-2019 at 07:41 AM.