View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 31 of 35 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    I would appreciate it more if they stopped wasting panel space on the useless relationship melodrama that ends up going nowhere because I am so over it.
    This, so much this.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    1. Orroro and Scott need to start dating.
    2. Jean and Logan, or possibly Bishop, or even Warren can start dating. Or even better, Jean could use a harem and let her have Logan, Bishop, and Warren all at once!
    3. Emma needs to have a torrid affair with Kitty and teach her the secrets of sapphic love so Kitty stops wasting time on useless men.
    No, thank you
    1.Scott and Ororo are better as profesionals with a friendship based on their mutual respect. Not every man and woman need to start a relationship for the lolz
    2.No, it is so disgusting to think that Jean needs someones dick to be relevant. Some people here on one week haven't stopped telling me that Scott is bad because he had psychic sex. No matter how much that guy has loved that woman but for some reason she should become a prize for guys that literally didn't care about her (unlike Scott that has always done so). So let's do the same for everybody else. I think I shared before that I don't think Jean should like Bishop after the Cable debacle. Not hate for the character but doesn't make sense to me. Warren is a childhood friend, things would get akward between them, he is like her brother, that would be some strange emotional incest. I would take Logan if I have to but not a fan either.
    3.Emma can go and be with anybody. I honestly don't care.
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-15-2019 at 08:28 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Lee Forrester was introduced almost immediately after Jean died. She was a rebound in every sense of the word and would have likely suffered the same fate as Maddie in terms of the relationship failing. The fact is, it was too soon for Scott to be with anyone and he should have been single for far longer than Claremont made him. He and Maddie were married within a few issues of him meeting her and I know time didnt move that fast
    This would have been far preferable, yeah. Lee was at least considerably less creepy because she didn't look like Jean.
    I know Claremont wanted to write Scott out to make way for Storm as leader, and Storm's development was great so it was a worthwhile idea for that. It just doesn't make sense for Scott's character to retire from being an X-Man and it was unhealthy to rush into a new romance and especially marriage so soon, especially with that woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    I would appreciate it more if they stopped wasting panel space on the useless relationship melodrama that ends up going nowhere because I am so over it.
    How does relationship drama go nowhere in the X-Men world? Emma Frost and Cyclops spawned a decade-plus of material. The way they twisted the status quo of Kitty and Piotr led to Mr. And Mrs. X which is itself another step on a decades long path. Magneto and Xavier's thing is ever-expanding. Often, the relationships between the characters are the vehicles driving necessary change in this series.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think the X-Men need another relationship shakeup.
    1. Orroro and Scott need to start dating.
    2. Jean and Logan, or possibly Bishop, or even Warren can start dating. Or even better, Jean could use a harem and let her have Logan, Bishop, and Warren all at once!
    3. Emma needs to have a torrid affair with Kitty and teach her the secrets of sapphic love so Kitty stops wasting time on useless men.
    Wrong thread. You’re looking for “unpopular opinions”.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    Claremont never wanted to bring Jean back, he was forced by marvel publishers to do so. this was claremont's thoughts oncyclops/maddie

Maddie and Scott had zero depth and are not comparable to him and emma, with emma , it was love, lust , guilt and complications. With Maddie it was just one word. infatuation.

The only thing good that came out of Scott/Maddie was Cable. a character who was more accepting of the Scott and Emma romance than Rachel Grey Summers
    Claremont changed idead because he fell in love with Maddie, it is just that. Before that he planned to make her a Jean without memories.
    also he has this hate on him for 30 years

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cable hasn't show it much but I don't think he liked Scott and Emma. I'm sure he absolutely loves Jean more.
    Kid Cable certainly doesn't like Emma.

Not trying to bash anything between them and it certainly wasn't something bad but I don't remember Emma or Cable caring for each other.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 09-15-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I didnt like them but I dont think its correct to say they didnt last long as a couple. 2004-2012 is a relatively long time in the comic book space. Its not like they ever went away either bc their relationship was frontburner material for that entire period
    For modern comics where a relationship doesn't survive a change of creative teams, it is a long time. But on the story of comics is a short time and not that much impressive when it received a giant push

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    For modern comics where a relationship doesn't survive a change of creative teams, it is a long time. But on the story of comics is a short time and not that much impressive when it received a giant push
    It is weird, with how messed up the time scale is. Scott and Jean lasted just a few years, I don't know if they even reached ten (not counting Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix), Even if Jean died for 14 years in our universe on the marvel universe they were probably 3 at most. So Scott and Emma lasted more or less that, even if in real life they lasted eight years.

Maybe everything lasted even less. Hickman said it had only passed ten years since the X-men started to this day

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is weird, with how messed up the time scale is. Scott and Jean lasted just a few years, I don't know if they even reached ten (not counting Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix), Even if Jean died for 14 years in our universe on the marvel universe they were probably 3 at most. So Scott and Emma lasted more or less that, even if in real life they lasted eight years.

Maybe everything lasted even less. Hickman said it had only passed ten years since the X-men started to this day
    I think it was more than 10, since the log bases doesn't identify exactly the year just 0, 10, 100 or 1000 years. It is less than 15 years for sure.

time sliding scale has it problems

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    This, so much this.

No, thank you
    1.Scott and Ororo are better as profesionals with a friendship based on their mutual respect. Not every man and woman need to start a relationship for the lolz
    2.No, it is so disgusting to think that Jean needs someones dick to be relevant. Some people here on one week haven't stopped telling me that Scott is bad because he had psychic sex. No matter how much that guy has loved that woman but for some reason she should become a prize for guys that literally didn't care about her (unlike Scott that has always done so). So let's do the same for everybody else. I think I shared before that I don't think Jean should like Bishop after the Cable debacle. Not hate for the character but doesn't make sense to me. Warren is a childhood friend, things would get akward between them, he is like her brother, that would be some strange emotional incest. I would take Logan if I have to but not a fan either.
    3.Emma can go and be with anybody. I honestly don't care.
    Agree that she doesn't need a man. Going by your logic Jean should be alone forever
    Last edited by spirit2011; 09-15-2019 at 11:59 AM.

BANNED

I think it was more than 10, since the log bases doesn't identify exactly the year just 0, 10, 100 or 1000 years. It is less than 15 years for sure.

time sliding scale has it problems

Agree that she doesn't need a man. Going by your logic Jean should be alone forever
    Better that Jean finds a guy who isn't an X-Man or a mutant.

Well she doesn't need one. Seriously, curse Morrison, she was free of the drama on an stable relationship. Now everything that matters is that she has to be someone or with who will she be.
    No, thanks, That is not development.
    I don't think she is better for or needs to date. That only does something for the guy (that at this point in time is interchangable, meaningless) but nothing for her. It is a waste of time to reward and make other characters look cool by making Jean fall for them, it feels so weak and cheap.
    Love has to be something meaningful, has to be build, has to give the character something, not for the sake of it.
    Ugh, I personally don't want that for Jean. To waste her time on that. Seriously 99% of the characters of the marvel universe are below her.

Because it is a waste of time, if they didn't let her stay married when Jean and Scott were the X-men OTP, they aren't going to let her marry, make a family last together with someone else. We would only get more love triangles and angry fans of whatever character she dates feeling entitled to her.

I'm a big fan of her and Scott, they grew up together, married, didn't had kids but raised one, almost all of the best Jean Grey stories have Cyclops on them. No other relationship could reach as far or last as long or be better (of course it would look better if marvel keeps the love triangles but it doesn't mean it is). What can she have with other guy? something that looks cool until other writer starts drama and she goes with someone else, like has happened with Black Widow or Scarlet Witch. I detest seeing ladies wasting time like this.
    And yet we would still have drama with someone else, I certainly hate that. To think love drama is the most important thing for her character, that the most importan thing is getting dicked, a total waste of time.
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-15-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It seems to me that fandom is making it to be about who Jean should be with, not Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Better that Jean finds a guy who isn't an X-Man or a mutant.
    I think krakoa may make it too hard to happen, mutants are more isolationist.
    The best x-men are taken or were character assassinated, so dating outside could fix it

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It seems to me that fandom is making it to be about who Jean should be with, not Morrison.
    The last pages are about scemma, maddie stuff.
    I'm the one who brings this topic because someone keeps blaming everything on Cyclops and saying they shouldn't exist on the same book.
    As a fan of the couple I like to point that he actually brings to the table more than most guys.

I think krakoa may make it too hard to happen, mutants are more isolationist.
    The best x-men are taken or were character assassinated, so dating outside could fix it
    Jean's feelings and love are so cheap to you. Like something that she should just throw away.
    No thanks, They are a treasure, a privilege.
    Last edited by LostZargatan; 09-15-2019 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    The last pages are about scemma, maddie stuff.
    I'm the one who brings this topic because someone keeps blaming everything on Cyclops and saying they shouldn't exist on the same book.
    As a fan of the couple I like to point that he actually brings to the table more than most guys.

Jean's feelings and love are so cheap to you. Like something that she should just throw away.
    No thanks, They are a treasure, a privilege.
    Remember that Scott threw it away.