View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Jacket View Post
    Who is JDW ?

Read all the opinions since my last message and, I don't understand what's the point of trying to pinpoint who was wrong and who was right.
    As I stated I'm not a fan of Morrison's run, to me he did so heavy character derailment to convey his story but pretty much like real life, you can seldom blame the end of a relationship on only one person.
    Jean did mistakes, I can recall of three instances she kissed Logan (X-Tinction Agenda, Inferno, Morrison's run) and in one case, it was in front of both the full X-Factor/X-men team (though the X-men weren't really themselves). Cyclops had a fling with Psylocke though I don't remember the specifics. Emma abused of her therapeutic relationship with Scott.
    Many fans (and I'm talking about us) never got over Jean/Scott because how bad the Emma/Scott relationship was presented. Whedon's run was one of the most positive portrayal, this says a thing.
    You'd also noticed, the last time Scott really Smiled was around the Twelve. (I'm off the comics since around AvX so they may have been other instences I'm not aware of) If anything, Cyclops was still depressed and suffering from ptsd.

They were all written dysfuctionnal, they all did hurt each others and never get to fix things.
    JDW is jordan d. white the editor of x-men comics

Jean only kissed Wolverine on Morrison's run, the other he was the one initiating

Incredible Member

XTINCTION AGENDA'S kiss I viewed as mutual. Logan is also half dead in those panels. It wasn't a sexually charged kiss. Still, it was mutual in my eyes INFERNO and Joe Casey's kisses were both definitely Logan grabbing Jean and kissing her.

I still maintain that in NXM, Logan preemptively kissed Jean and then told her (despite their mutual feelings) it would never work out.

The body language is all wrong otherwise...her back is turned completely away from Logan in the previous panel...then she is spun around, she's leaning back, one arm completely down the side of her body, and slightly off balance, and Logan's stance is stable and with both his hands around Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Omega_DCD View Post
    I still maintain that in NXM, Logan preemptively kissed Jean and then told her (despite their mutual feelings) it would never work out.

The body language is all wrong otherwise...her back is turned completely away from Logan in the previous panel...then she is spun around, she's leaning back, one arm completely down the side of her body, and slightly off balance, and Logan's stance is stable and with both his hands around Jean
    I wouldn't read too much into that unless it was Morrison intention all along

Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

According to Morrison, yes.

According to everyone else, no.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

According to Morrison, yes.

According to everyone else, no.
    Eh, not even then really.
    At most I think Scott thinks he's getting over Jean, but isn't in reality. Logan calls him out as such.

BANNED

No one wants to remember that little fact because Age of Apocalypse says differently.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-16-2019 at 04:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Don't agree at all. At best, the kiss was mutual. No way it was Logan grabbing and kissing Jean. Just read the dialogue leading up to the kiss and the aftermath. Guess we'd need to see the plot or ask Morrison to know for sure. But I know I'd lay odds it's not that Logan alone initiated the kiss.

BANNED

Don't think so. But after yes.

Also jean is a telepath. There's no "initiating" thing. Every kiss of loganxjean & grifterxjean is mutual.

BANNED

Double post deleted.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-16-2019 at 04:05 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Don't think so. But after yes.

Also jean is a telepath. There's no "initiating" thing. Every kiss of loganxjean & grifterxjean is mutual.
    That doesn't even make sense... Why don't you explain Wolverine's telepathic resistance and how it can fluctuate up and down depending on who is writing the story? Moreover, "WildC.A.T.s/X-Men: The Silver Age" isn't in continuity, but nice try though.
    Last edited by Shreene; 09-16-2019 at 04:10 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    That doesn't even make sense... Why don't you explain Wolverine's telepathic resistance and how it can fluctuate up and down depending on who is writing the story? Moreover, "WildC.A.T.s/X-Men: The Silver Age" isn't in continuity, but nice try though.
    I guess jean is a very weak telepath/telekenetic if she can't see what logan is going for from a foot way & throw him a mile away.
    I think wildcat/xmen is in continuity. That's where Sinister got jean's DNA to clone her & "make" madelyne.

In that scene isn't it Wolverine who rebuffs her by saying it will never work between us?

Quote Originally Posted by lancer View Post
    Don't agree at all. At best, the kiss was mutual. No way it was Logan grabbing and kissing Jean. Just read the dialogue leading up to the kiss and the aftermath. Guess we'd need to see the plot or ask Morrison to know for sure. But I know I'd lay odds it's not that Logan alone initiated the kiss.
    Jean is venting some of her feelings and frustrations...Logan doesn't say anything, he looks almost as if he's studying her, before interjecting with what she's saying needs(intimacy), then says it won't work between them

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    In that scene isn't it Wolverine who rebuffs her by saying it will never work between us?
    A preemptive kiss, even if the initiator of the kiss then walks away, happens in media. Sometimes played for comedy, or the initiator using the kiss to be cruel("a taste of what you'll never have again"), etc. It's even done to shut someone up...which is almost how that kiss was, but more so instead to "cut to the chase", that despite what she's going through, he cant help her with that (and he already told Scott, he has to tend to his own lawn)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    I guess jean is a very weak telepath/telekenetic if she can't see what logan is going for from a foot way & throw him a mile away.
    I think wildcat/xmen is in continuity.
    Sorry, but that is not correct...

1. The WildC.A.T.s./X-Men story arc revolved around the centuries-long war between aliens called Kherubim and Daemonites. Kherubims, a nearly immortal, human-looking alien race with exceptional powers and skills, eventually traveled to Earth and by breeding with humans populated the planet with “Half-Breeds.” Daemonites, besides having a fearsome appearance, also possessed various superhuman abilities including body possession and mental control over human beings and are trying to take over the world.
    2. The WildC.A.T.s. are a group of Kherubim, half-breeds, super-powered humans (and an android) who are trying to stop the Daemonites.
    3. This story takes place before the formation of the actual WildC.A.T.s. team.
    4. This story isn’t in continuity for either the X-Men or the WildC.A.T.s.

That's where Sinister got jean's DNA to clone her & "make" madelyne.
    Personally, I believe that Mister Sinister gained Jean Grey's DNA during "The Further Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix" which was set in the year 1859.

Last edited by Shreene; 09-16-2019 at 08:05 PM. Reason: Images and quotes reordered to make more sense