Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
if he loved her, why did he so easily cheat on her. so easily. Even Gambit has never been so easily unfaithful to Rogue and rogue and gambit were beyond dysfunctional. on again , off again. scott and jean made it down the isle. they were that once committed to eachother.

Basically at the end of the E is for extincction story, I know this for sure as I just finished reading it not that long ago. Jean asked scott, if emma has been behaving herself. scott replies why and jean said, she wanted to ask because emma has been on his mind. BINGO

this is before the psyche affair started. Infact I think it was the first time scott and emma share conversations in new x-men and it was nothing romantic or even flirty. So in way, cyclops was over Jean because Emma was already on his mind before the affair. Jean ofcourse read nothing to it as she still saw Scott as a loyal husband when he had already subconsciously checked out of the marriage.
It wasn't so easy or maybe was. I'm not sure why he thought it was a good idea do therapy with the woman that clearly was attracted to him. He rejected her on Hong Kong
He said to Emma that he wanted to getbetter and back to Jean to Emma.
She mislead him.
Then he noticed that he was being mislead, instead of calling Emma out and getting out of this to tell Jean, he continue to cheat with Emma.
that is when my opinion of Scott changed, he knew it was wrong and continue to do it.

So i wouldn't say ihe cheated easy, he just cheated dirty and tried to gaslight Jean into "it was only thoughts"

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
Probably better than walking in on a woman psychically cosplaying the darkest time in your life with your husband. But personally i don't blame Emma, she didn't owe Jean sh(# to be honest.
She didn't, but she isn't a feminisn icon has her fans made her to be,

remember that time Emma helped mastemind sexual abuse Jean? yeah