View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    That seems rather extreme. Married couples have trouble all the time, I haven't met the first one that didn't have them. In fact my own parents cheated each other.
    But while that drama is pretty bad, it isn't this terrorific unforgivable thing.
    certainly not enought to kill someone for that.

Besides Scott has always cared and loved her, it is not like he is some stranger but a person she has know for almost all her live and loved deepely
    I only head the part of she telling him to **** off. Of course Jean wouldn't kill him

She knows him and loves him, but we alaos have to deal that sometimes the person we most love can hurt us a lot. And if that happens the best course is distance.

Scott went to his own journey, I don't know why Jean can't do the same. it would be pretty bad she already attached to him, when she just back by 1 year

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Then you fundamentally don't understand your favorite character at any level at all, period. If Jean really carried grudges to the level that you think she does, most of the X-villains would have been atomized a long time ago. Black Bolt tried to murder every mutant on the planet. Multiple people tried to or killed Charles. Xorneto killed HER. She forgave them all.
    I don't think she forgave xorneto, he doesn't even exists.
    No, I don't think she should kill Cyclops

BANNED

That is needlessly reductive and 100% not helpful. Scott was at fault. The fault for the whole mess is

60% Emma
    25% Scott
    10% Jean
    5% Charles.
    What's funny is that this got more pathetic the longer I looked at it. At first, I thought that said 60% Scott, 25% Emma, numbers that would still be heinous, but not as cartoonish.

It would be one thing, dearest readers, if Cyclops had decided sleeping with Emma was a mistake, decided he had been tricked, but no. He simply did what he wanted to do through no volition except his own. His choices were his, not Emma's, not Xavier's, and not the family dog's, who also ate Scott's homework.

What Cyclops felt for dead Jean Grey, up until Rosy dedicated a 5-issue mini to white-washing him and Hickman did away with continuity as a concept, was guilt. That's in Morrison's story and every story after before "Phoenix Resurrection".

A note on Xorneto too: That's another one of those inconvenient things that now didn't happen, via the characters not reacting to it, much like the relationship between Emma Frost and Cyclops.
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 09-13-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Guilt and blame are not mathematical concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Scott went to his own journey, I don't know why Jean can't do the same. it would be pretty bad she already attached to him, when she just back by 1 year
    I don't see how Scott how Scott prevents Jean from following a journey. He has any other X-men is here to support her. The X-men are a greta family, all the most important X-men are very close and always have to interact with each other. In some way they always will be attached to each other.

But don't mind me, just a shipper thoughts

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Ah, but see, you are only 13% correct with that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    What's funny is that this got more pathetic the longer I looked at it. At first, I thought that said 60% Scott, 25% Emma, numbers that would still be heinous, but not as cartoonish.

It would be one thing, dearest readers, if Cyclops had decided sleeping with Emma was a mistake, decided he had been tricked, but no. He simply did what he wanted to do through no volition except his own. His choices were his, not Emma's, not Xavier's, and not the family dog's, who also ate Scott's homework.

What Cyclops felt for dead Jean Grey, up until Rosy dedicated a 5-issue mini to white-washing him and Hickman did away with continuity as a concept, was guilt. That's in Morrison's story and every story after before "Phoenix Resurrection".

A note on Xorneto too: That's another one of those inconvenient things that now didn't happen, via the characters not reacting to it, much like the relationship between Emma Frost and Cyclops.
    He felt guilt because he truly cared about Jean and knew he fucked up. But Emma took advantage of his poor mental and emotional state, especially since under mental health care laws, someone with PTSD cannot consent to a sexual relationship.

I like Emma, but is absolutely the most at fault for what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I put a number because it's easier than saying everyone fucked up, but some fucked up an arbitrary amount more than others did.

Ah, but see, you are only 13% correct with that statement.
    And your comment is 110% unneeded.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cyclops messed up. But he has always cared for Jean, always thorught all the story of the X-men. Yeah, Morrison is canon but that doesn't mean all the other stories and times were he is clearly in love aren't canon. Those are way more.

In fact the reason of why they have talked so little is because until very recently one of them has been dead, they have always cared. Scott cared after Morrison, Jeen and Tyke cared for each other and they continue to care. They haven't been stuck on Morrison and have cared a lot on every other story after.

BANNED

He felt guilt because he truly cared about Jean and knew he fucked up. But Emma took advantage of his poor mental and emotional state, especially since under mental health care laws, someone with PTSD cannot consent to a sexual relationship.

I like Emma, but is absolutely the most at fault for what happened.
    The fact that Emma Frost and Cyclops had a relationship and the world would literally end if they didn't have sex on an ongoing basis determines that what you are saying simply isn't true. I would "agree to disagree", as the phrase goes, but your opinion doesn't seem to be based on the 616 continuity. No one was taken advantage of, quite clearly. Cyclops was a knowing and continuing participant in their togethership from day one. As I said, this is just passing out scarlet letters because society has allotted that a man need not face his actions. You'd have a better argument if you said neither of them were wrong because it was love.

So a totally unrealistic story created a problem that was fixed 15 years later by a moderately unrealistic story. I'm not sure why if you aren't offended by one, you would be offended by the other. Maybe you'll make that clear. Maybe you'll dodge the questions. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    I don't see how Scott how Scott prevents Jean from following a journey. He has any other X-men is here to support her. The X-men are a greta family, all the most important X-men are very close and always have to interact with each other. In some way they always will be attached to each other.

But don't mind me, just a shipper thoughts
    The feeling, mostly from the anti-Scott crowd, is that Jean is incapable of character development while in a relationship with Scott. Exhibit A being that she's such a terrible character after all the years she spent in a relationship with him (essentially her entire on-panel existence) that she needs to be saved from ever being in that situation again. Of course that begs the question of why they claim to be fans of hers in the first place if she's such a cardboard cutout. Never did get an answer to that question either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    So a totally unrealistic story created a problem that was fixed 15 years later by a moderately unrealistic story. I'm not sure why if you aren't offended by one, you would be offended by the other. Maybe you'll make that clear. Maybe you'll dodge the questions. We'll see.
    I'm offended by both

Emma was right

Scott didn’t had PTSD. It was never mentioned on the pages. You guys just like this headcanon, because it suits your narrative.

I want Jonathan Hickman to do a scene where Scott, Jean, Emma, and Logan are all sitting having coffee and being super mature about the past and just chatting with each other about how to organize everything on Krakoa properly. Then they all get up and go to work! I would love the irony of all the characters being more mature and grown up about this work of fiction relationship than everyone who posts on this forum.

Can't we all just get along? I feel this thread is an endless circle with the tail wagging the dog over and over and over.

I like Jean, Emma, Scott, and Logan, and I look forward to seeing them all involved in the Dawn of X stories at the same time going forward. It's refreshing that they are all finally alive at the same time again and hopefully we get to see some regular interaction between them going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I'm offended by both
    See. Now that's how you object properly.