View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    So why they kept Jean dead for so long then?
    Because they were cowards as editors and writers and they didn't want to write about the actual divorce itself.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    You're confusing Emma with Jean again.
    Emma was the cheer leader.
    You should read House of X. You will like it, lol. Especially the part with Jean. Then we talk.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    You should read House of X. You will like it, lol. Especially the part with Jean. Then we talk.
    That was OOC

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Because they were cowards as editors and writers and they didn't want to write about the actual divorce itself.
    I don't think this was the major problem

She kept communications throught interplanetary distances. Seems way above anything Emma ever did.

Because it’s just eww.
    I personally don’t know how anyone could forgive that. And why, since they have no children and obligations.
    The same way Emma forgave that Scott initial acceptance of her was dressing up as the darkest side of his wife and wanting her to say how much she turned him on and was such a big good powerful man that made the cosmic force quiver enough to shake stars. At what point was she sure he was seeing her and not just what he connected to as the "unsavory" side of Jean. Why would any woman want to be with a man that wanted her to cosplay as his wife when they have no children, no obligations, and no real connection yet beside her playing the version of his wife he wanted.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Emma was right

That was OOC

I don't think this was the major problem
    Then everything bad that happened with Emma after Bendis is OOC too.

Then everything bad that happened with Emma after Bendis is OOC too.
    I don't think so. Emma i sknown to go for it wihout morals.

Jean was just a great leader on Red

I'll just be over here keeping my Jean and Emma ship alive. One day they will be together and this can all be resolved. I expect Jean will top Emma all the time and they will have lots of fun together.

Emma was right

I don't think so. Emma i sknown to go for it wihout morals.

Jean was just a great leader on Red
    I see, excuses works for Jean, but not for Emma.

I'll just be over here keeping my Jean and Emma ship alive. One day they will be together and this can all be resolved. I expect Jean will top Emma all the time and they will have lots of fun together.
    I don't know, maybe Emma and Jean could have had a different dynamic, like Logan and Scott have but I feel like Morrison ruined it.
    Even if you kill Scott and left him out of the picture. there will be bad blood between them for many other reasons

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    I don't know, maybe Emma and Jean could have had a different dynamic, like Logan and Scott have but I feel like Morrison ruined it.
    Even if you kill Scott and left him out of the picture. there will be bad blood between them for many other reasons
    I don't know, force them on a road trip storyline together for 2 or 3 issues and I think they could have a really fun dynamic as frenemies. I want this just for the snark alone, because when Jean is with Emma she gives as good as she gets and I find Jean is at her most intelligent when she verbally spars with Emma. Do they bring out the worst in each other, or does their competitiveness bring out their best and strongest characteristics. Emma actually talks about her inner feelings more with Ghost Jean and Teen Jean then she ever did with anyone else. I think they could be very good on a team together, and leave out Logan and Scott, just a team book with Emma and Jean having to work together.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Because it’s just eww.
    I personally don’t know how anyone could forgive that. And why, since they have no children and obligations.
    Bitter, table for one.
    Last edited by WhitePhoenix; 09-11-2019 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelboy1974 View Post
    Scott and Jean were having marital problems before Emma seduced Scott, that is very true. But just because they were having problems doesn’t mean the Scott was over Jean. Even after her death, his longing for Jean continued. This is not to diminish his new found live for Emma.

Let me give you a real life example. My mother was the love of my Dad’s life. They were together 40 years, and then Mom died in 2012 from cancer. A year after her death, Dad started dating again, and now is married to a wonderful woman whom he lives very much. My dad has told me that he never stopped living my mother and knows one day they will meet again in the afterlife. There is enough love for more than 1 person.
    Happens more often than anyone thinks. I've got two examples of this in my family and my wife's. People who haven't lived through it think it's an "either\or" proposition. It's not.

She is the pure perfection in everything. Yes, she is boring.
    Jean's made her share of mistakes and those mistakes have had consequences. You don't have to go deeper than her wiki page to learn that if you haven't read the older material.

Because it’s just eww.
    Forgiveness is "eww"? Must be because everyone in a relationship should get what they deserve. If that was actually true, I don't think there would be any relationships. Being a parent I can tell you there'd also be no children. History of the couple doesn't matter? Cable isn't their son? I think there's a preponderance of evidence that these statements aren't true.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    There actually is a lot of truth to it. A study.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/men-a...ting_n_6462278
    OK, that was a good read.

But can we apply that to Emma and Scott. Emma had to lure Scott in by pretending to be Jean. But Scott knew it was Emma unless there was stupid psychic shenanigans going on.

Morrison's still a good write tho.
    "Cable was right!"

I don't know, force them on a road trip storyline together for 2 or 3 issues and I think they could have a really fun dynamic as frenemies. I want this just for the snark alone, because when Jean is with Emma she gives as good as she gets and I find Jean is at her most intelligent when she verbally spars with Emma. Do they bring out the worst in each other, or does their competitiveness bring out their best and strongest characteristics. Emma actually talks about her inner feelings more with Ghost Jean and Teen Jean then she ever did with anyone else. I think they could be very good on a team together, and leave out Logan and Scott, just a team book with Emma and Jean having to work together.
    Jean and Emma alone would kill theirselves if left alone