View Poll Results: Was Cyclops already over Jean before Emma came along?

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

27 20.61%
  • No

59 45.04%
  • It's complicated.

45 34.35%
Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Then everything bad that happened with Emma after Bendis is OOC too.
    lol

It wasn't that bad.

I dunno know why he dragged out that Phoenix Five fallout between them for so long when they were both c*nts.
    "Cable was right!"

I have no excuses for people who is cheating. If you’re cheat on your wife that’s mean you don’t love her, that’s it. Cyclops wasn't possessed at that time period and his post-traumatic syndrome doesn’t make him an innocent helpless baby. Though he loved Jean as a family member and as friend + lets add some generic nostalgia to it.
    Nope. You're right and... Logan didn't make Jean dream about straying. The Hellfire Club didn't make Emma a self absorbed narcissist. Sinister didn't turn Remy into a two faced coward. Onslaught didn't make Charles a pedophile. Scott didn't make Hank a delusional force capable of ripping reality apart. Mystique didn't make Rogue a murderer. Weapon X didn't make Logan a mad dog killer. Charles didn't make Scott an callous SOB.

None of the statements above are completely true, but there is truth to them. There's also context, which by the way does matter.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean and Emma alone would kill theirselves if left alone
    No they wouldn't. Jean and Emma would work together, they would make a few sarcastic comments at each other, but they would work together. Because in the end they want to help mutants and because they are both adults.

Will they be close intimate friends, probably not, but they are both quite capable of being work colleagues.

Because you know what, Jean has been back for a while now and never once tried to hurt Emma, and Emma never once interfered with anything Jean was doing in X-Men Red. When Ghost Jean needed help with Teen Jean, Emma didn't walk away, she helped even though they had differences, she tried to save Teen Jean from the Phoenix force even though it put Emma's own life in danger.

The problem is that comic book Jean doesn't hate Emma as much as you do, they might not get along well, but they are no where near wanting to kill each other. Obviously Emma is working with Krakoa and probably living there, she isn't an outcast. Emma, Jean, and Scott will all probably run into each other on a regular basis on Krakoa, they may even all be part of whatever government comes out in Dawn of X.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    No they wouldn't. Jean and Emma would work together, they would make a few sarcastic comments at each other, but they would work together. Because in the end they want to help mutants and because they are both adults.

Will they be close intimate friends, probably not, but they are both quite capable of being work colleagues.
    That's not what you want though is it? You want smooches and stolen moments and hand holding and Scott getting his nose rubbed in it. One of these ideas is realistic. The other isn't.

Ship who you want though. I don't think there's a Jean\Emma thread. You could get in on the ground floor of that.

I voted its complicated. I think Emma definitely exploited the distance in their marriage. Scott and Jean simply were not communicating and that’s what did them in. I do believe they still loved each other but the lack of communication made the distance grow wider which left him in a place to seek comfort in the arms of someone else. Jean was taking alot of responsibilites elsewhere to even notice until it was too late

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    That's not what you want though is it? You want smooches and stolen moments and hand holding and Scott getting his nose rubbed in it. One of these ideas is realistic. The other isn't.

Ship who you want though. I don't think there's a Jean\Emma thread. You could get in on the ground floor of that.
    Naw, I joke around about shipping them because people take this whole triangle thing way too seriously. It's a comic book. My biggest complaint is that they killed Jean off which I felt was bad writing, they did it because they didn't want to follow through on the affair story they created at Marvel, they took the cheap way out by killing Jean off, instead of actually writing about what happened after the affair and how it impacted Jean, Scott, and Emma.

I don't believe for a second that Jean and Emma want to kill each other, I think they might make veiled sarcastic comments at each other, but they certainly don't want to kill each other.

I loved the dynamic they had in the Jean Grey mini where Ghost Jean and Emma were working together, I liked that they poked at each other verbally, but they still set their differences aside to save teen Jean.

If Emma hated Jean so much why did she train teen Jean? Why did Emma help teen Jean remove all of Xavier's blocks so teen Jean could access her full telepathic and telekinetic potential? Why did Emma help Ghost Jean save teen Jean?

They aren't going to be best friends, but people want so much for them to do what exactly? Will you not be satisfied until Jean picks up a gun and shoots Emma in the head? Is that what it takes for people to be happy?

I prefer to see Jean as a grown up woman who has some level of maturity and she may not fully forgive the affair, but she doesn't want Emma dead, and she still sees Emma as a useful member of the X-Men and doesn't want her outcast either.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

Because you know what, Jean has been back for a while now and never once tried to hurt Emma, and Emma never once interfered with anything Jean was doing in X-Men Red. When Ghost Jean needed help with Teen Jean, Emma didn't walk away, she helped even though they had differences, she tried to save Teen Jean from the Phoenix force even though it put Emma's own life in danger.

The problem is that comic book Jean doesn't hate Emma as much as you do, they might not get along well, but they are no where near wanting to kill each other. Obviously Emma is working with Krakoa and probably living there, she isn't an outcast. Emma, Jean, and Scott will all probably run into each other on a regular basis on Krakoa, they may even all be part of whatever government comes out in Dawn of X.
    But Jean should hate or at least have a very strong feeling that would stop her from being any friendly with Emma.
    I mean Emma worked to destroy her marriage and on dark phoenix Emma helped mastermind abuse her. I really hope Jean won't let a third strike happen

BANNED

Me: Man, the forums have been nice on the rectangle topic lately. It's actually great not seeing heaps of posts bashing Cyclops for something that happened years ago. Not even Hickman's run brought it back!
    Beaddle: GOLD EXPERIENCE IS A STAND THAT CREATES LIFE.

Oh well. It was good while it lasted.
    Last edited by PrezValentine; 09-11-2019 at 03:54 PM.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhammer View Post
    Forgiveness is "eww"? Must be because everyone in a relationship should get what they deserve. If that was actually true, I don't think there would be any relationships. Being a parent I can tell you there'd also be no children. History of the couple doesn't matter? Cable isn't their son? I think there's a preponderance of evidence that these statements aren't true.
    - Not everything should be forgiven, especially cheating, especially when there was none redemption. They just saw each other and somehow everything is cool again. EpIc RoManCe vs. interesting relationship development (1:0).
    - If one of the partners cheats on each other, then yes, this couple should never have children. Can't believe that I have to say this.
    - Cable is a grown man, not a child who can be traumatized by the divorce of his parents.

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    She kept communications throught interplanetary distances. Seems way above anything Emma ever did.
    Well, at least Emma didn't end up dead so many times. And she is not even a Mary Sue like Jean.
    Last edited by Gamall; 09-11-2019 at 03:30 PM.

-
    Well, at least Emma didn't end up dead so many times. And she is not even a Mary Sue like Jean.
    Jean isn't a mary sue, and to be dead so many times the character have to be really important like batman or superman

BANNED

He was certainly over her grave. Hahahahahahahaha! Apparently XMen Monday is doing a session on Morrison, but I can't fathom why? We know the opinion on Morrison as most of it is undone, including Scott and Emma.

Omega Level Member WhitePhoenix's Avatar

Dear old Auntie Emma will always be a rapist tho.
    Last edited by WhitePhoenix; 09-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WhitePhoenix View Post
    Dear old Auntie Emma will always be a rapist tho.
    Did she ever apologize to Storm?

Semantics but at the start of the run Scott was in denial, then angry, then bargaining, then depression then acceptance. So he wasn't over but by the end of the run he was.

Morrison's run was Scott grieving his dead relationship and moving on.

You know how Morrison loves his charts as much as Hickman

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean isn't a mary sue, and to be dead so many times the character have to be really important like batman or superman
    Important characters do not lie in the grave for decades.
    The only interesting thing about her was the Phoenix. And even that was taking away from her since we can have phoenix!Cyclops/Rachel/Quire/and literally anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    He was certainly over her grave. Hahahahahahahaha! Apparently XMen Monday is doing a session on Morrison, but I can't fathom why? We know the opinion on Morrison as most of it is undone, including Scott and Emma.
    Opinion of the very vocal minority.
    Nothing is undone until Marvel relaunch the whole x-universe, like DC did with the New52.