Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default Superman Unchained Story

Regarding the events that are currently going on in Superman Unchained, has there been any mention of when exactly in the DC timeline this is taking place?

I think they've decided that this story is very much "stand alone". It's in continuity only as much as they need it to be. In the future if someone wants to reference it they can but the outcome of Unchained isnt going to effect current storylines or continuity. It's currently not continuity but that can easily be changed.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

It is in continuity, but it's place is largely irrelevant. I get the impression that this takes place before Superman and Wonder Woman getting together--certainly it's before Sam Lane becomes senator (he is a senator now, right?).
    Buh-bye

#8 has been delayed yet again...new date 9/10.

This is still going on???? this is insane... I literally forgot about this book.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by md62 View Post
    #8 has been delayed yet again...new date 9/10.
    God dammit. It's going to be a full 2.5 years from the release of issue #1 last summer and when the trade paperback comes out.

Think of it as a post-Crisis story in New 52 clothes. Technically its in-continuity, but the term has to be applied very, very loosely. It reads more like something in the old continuity.

Spadassin Extraordinaire Auguste Dupin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    This is still going on???? this is insane... I literally forgot about this book.
    Yeah, I keep doing that myself.
    Hold those chains, Clark Kent
    Bear the weight on your shoulders
    Stand firm. Take the pain.

Its a good story, pity about the delays.....kinda kills the momentum

Anyway, I always got the impression its set in current continuity, although its never really addressed - given its basically not relevent to the story.
    Action Comics, Batman, Green Lantern, Justice League, Superman

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    I actually re-read issue 7 yesterday, thinking it was a new issue (it was in the wrong pile). I've been that turned around by the release schedule I just don't know anymore.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Amazing Member

This story is in continuity but hasn't been referenced, what with not having finished yet with the insane delays. It takes place sometime between the end of H'El on Earth but before Psi War because General Lane is not yet a senator. Seriously, I know that Jim Lee is co-publisher and takes a long time to finish his art but the insane delays killed my interest in the book.

Incredible Member

My LCS posted a schedule of what books are coming out this week earlier today and Unchained was on it. I too like the story, but agree the momentum was killed with the delays. I will say, however, this along with Future's End was the best despictin of Lois Lane I've seen in the New 52!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by brucekent12 View Post
    My LCS posted a schedule of what books are coming out this week earlier today and Unchained was on it. I too like the story, but agree the momentum was killed with the delays. I will say, however, this along with Future's End was the best despictin of Lois Lane I've seen in the New 52!
    From Scott Snyder's twitter
    SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #8, start of the finale, out this week!
    https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...63797395308544

Agree with this is the best Lois Lane along with Futures End in the New 52.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinestro View Post
    Anyway, I always got the impression its set in current continuity, although its never really addressed - given its basically not relevent to the story.
    Reminds me of the "For Tomorrow" arc, drawn by Jim Lee. The other books at the time never really addressed it either. It stood on its own.

This is fine with me, by the way. This way I can just read that title without feeling like I need to read a bunch of other books to get the complete story.

Fantastic Member AwesomeUsername's Avatar

Dustin Nguyen posted this picture (from the final issue) on his tumblr a few days ago. Not really much, but any update will do. I suppose it's from the flashback story with Clark, Ma and Colder. Oh, new release date as well. November 5. At least it got pushed back only a week.