Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Jurassic World 2.5-Battle at Big Rock

It's a short film directed by Tremorrow, which apparently will see a family out camping who find themselves dealing with some dinosaurs. (In addition Netflix is also working on an animated series).

https://io9.gizmodo.com/out-of-nowhe...itt-1838020505
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

This was originally slated to be released in front of Hobbs and Shaw ... glad to see them finally getting it out.

The toys and video game dinos from Battle at Big Rock have been out for several months.

Can't wait to see the Allosaurus fight the Nasutoceratops!
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 09-11-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Interesting that we’re finally getting some idea of what the world is like after the Lockwood incident. Many probably still don’t believe that they couldn’t just round up the dinosaurs afterward but I suppose there’s more in development with the genetics out there. Apparently this takes place a year after Fallen Kingdom so there’s been some time for chaos to spread...

Hope the short gets streamed and a home media/digital release for those of us who don't have cable.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Hope the short gets streamed and a home media/digital release for those of us who don't have cable.
    They set it will stream right after the FX special, worldwide.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They set it will stream right after the FX special, worldwide.
    Good. Where at, I wonder?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This was originally slated to be released in front of Hobbs and Shaw ... glad to see them finally getting it out.

The toys and video game dinos from Battle at Big Rock have been out for several months.

Can't wait to see the Allosaurus fight the Nasutoceratops!

Looks like they're also working on JP's answer to the Star Wars Black Series and Marvel Legends with a new 6 inch line which, at this point, features a JP-style Raptor, two from the Raptor quartet from JW (Including, of course, Blue) and Owen and Malcolm (JP style).

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Looks like they're also working on JP's answer to the Star Wars Black Series and Marvel Legends with a new 6 inch line which, at this point, features a JP-style Raptor, two from the Raptor quartet from JW (Including, of course, Blue) and Owen and Malcolm (JP style).
    And the live show has a new style Raptor, too, which was shown at a con in the standard line.

Great time to be a dinosaur toy fan!

Any thoughts on the film? The story of course features the Jurassic Park/World trope of kids in danger/kids saving the day (along with a lot of vehicle destruction), and there's a nice "found footage" epilogue. Also of course features the Dinosaur vs. Dinosaur action that seems to be more of the norm in the new films (JP1 and JP3 did feature Dinosaur fights but they were relatively short compared to the last two JW films). Although I think this is one of the few times we've got a decent Ceratopsian vs. Carnosaur fight, something that was used in a lot of old Dinosaur films and books but not really used that much in the Jurassic films.

Also looks like Jurassic World, for all it's attempts to fix what went wrong with the first park, neglected to fix the Frog DNA problem too is this pretty much confirms the Dinosaurs are probably breeding. Then again Wu and his co-conspirators were hiding a lot of stuff....

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Really loved this! Awesome to finally see ma boy the Allosaurus get the moment he deserves! I guess some people will still find the idea of dinosaurs allowed to be loose but I suppose Claire’s group might be protecting them to some extent. I liked the Lost World music montage at the end too.

ah. very cool and enjoyable short film.

Sidebar: Marvel needs to hire the young girl to play Lunella Lafayette. Seriously.

Liked the movie; did a pretty good job of showing the usual story formula (oohing and awing, then running and screaming) in eight minutes. The human characters were a little thin, but it was a short runtime. Interesting to see a whole family (and a blended one at that) over the usual divorced/broken families the franchise favors.

Nice world building details (like how there's a stable dinosaurs population in the wild) and seeing that a new normal is forming. Cool sci-fi stuff that I actually find more interesting then the "playing God" stuff we've often had before.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I'm far more interested in the why and how of this than anything, since it's so unusual. The only similar concept I know of in recent years are the MCU One-Shots.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I'm far more interested in the why and how of this than anything, since it's so unusual. The only similar concept I know of in recent years are the MCU One-Shots.
    According to Wikipedia, Universal asked Colin Trevorrow if he wanted to make a short film for the franchise.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)