Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    The married couple kinda reminded me of the Hudsons from Alpha Flight more than Scott/Jean. Though it could be something else entirely.
    Hudsons?

I'm thinking about Meggan and Brian

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
    If Maddie did have a secret kid with Alex then that would explain why there is a child version of Havok in the promo poster. Their kid would be about that age now.
    Nice catch. I think i am going to revisit that promo poster and look at it from different perspectives now that both series are midway thru.

With #5 I feel like we can be very sure it’s Wolverine, and what I just don’t feel confident enough in is that Jean and Scott’s recent history / current status quo qualifies as “married with a kid.” I’m curious what others think about that in particular?

(Also I don’t think it would refer to any past status quo like Scott and Maddy, because it obviously refers to something current and ‘on mutant island’.)

Quote Originally Posted by TOTALITY View Post
    With #5 I feel like we can be very sure it’s Wolverine, and what I just don’t feel confident enough in is that Jean and Scott’s recent history / current status quo qualifies as “married with a kid.” I’m curious what others think about that in particular?

(Also I don’t think it would refer to any past status quo like Scott and Maddy, because it obviously refers to something current and ‘on mutant island’.)
    Well, the thing is, I think it's a mistake to assume anything here is literally true. "LIES" is put in the corners of the pages for a reason, and beyond that, it's clearly written in a flippant tone. It doesn't necessarily need to fit one-to-one.

Jean and Scott could be married with kids. Rachel also count as daughter

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Well, the thing is, I think it's a mistake to assume anything here is literally true. "LIES" is put in the corners of the pages for a reason, and beyond that, it's clearly written in a flippant tone. It doesn't necessarily need to fit one-to-one.
    I’m just working from the assumption that even for ones that aren’t true, they were written with an idea of what they’re supposed to be about, if that makes sense. Like, it seems more likely that the affair part would be a lie, than that part of it doesn’t refer to anyone in particular, or refers to them inaccurately. I could be totally wrong though!

There seems to be two clans of the summers family
    Xaviers clan of the summers,
    cyclops havok and vulcan adam-x and there children.

Then the second clan seems to be sinisters summers family from
    the hans, xraven stryfe, black womb,, nate grey to sinister clones ,miss sinister ,and gambit etc.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

These are my thoughts on this. Some things we have others been guessing as well. Some not. It took some time to figure all these out and then type them all out. Si I do hope you like to take the time to read it and share your thoughts on my take on these rumors.

SINISTER SECRET #1 He’s trying to pretend that no one noticed he was wearing red shoes, but this truly sinister Sinister isn’t fooling anyone.

My thoughts: This sounds like Miss Sinister, but the rumor also says he, not she. So not sure yet.

================================================== ==================================================

SINISTER SECRET #2 And speaking of fashion, the whisper network has turned into a roar regarding the return of this trendsetting mutant who was cut down in his prime. Will someone please tell all these mutants to stop wearing human clothes and join the stampede across their island full of flowers to the flower that’s the fullest?

My thoughts: My very first thought was on the Ghost of Cyclops. This team of mutants wearing human clothes, the returned mutnts coul be Cyclops. But then I could not come up with anything trendsetting about them. So I had no clue. I like the Jumbo idea, so I will go with that as well.

================================================== ==================================================

SINISTER SECRET #3 Years ago, a deceased redheaded pretender made a pact with the devil. When she passed on, most believed that any secrets she had went with her to the grave. Won’t everyone be surprised when they find out not only is this not true, but she left behind a whole lot more than secrets.

My thoughts: Madelyne of course. Curious on what else she left behind; though the reference to Inferno on the later page makes me think we will have a follow-up story on that.

SINISTER SECRET #4 While every Sinister has been busy wondering how they might be affected by current events, almost no one noticed what washed ashore. A word of advice to all things sinister: Don’t embrace the revelry, or there won’t be anything for you to celebrate.

My thoughts: Sounds like the current events of Namor. Some say it is referring to Thunderbird, but that is no rumor, I think we already know one of the Sinisters stole his DNA. Also John Proudstar was washed ashore a long time ago and this sounds recent.

SINISTER SECRET #5 He’s the best there is at what he does. She’s married with a kid. The husband knows exactly what’s going on, but who is he to point the finger? He’s up to much the same, and more. Maybe this is just the new normal on the mutant island.

My thoughts: Wolverine and Invisible woman. He is the best in what he does, she has a child (married with a kid). Both have counterparts still running around after Age of Ultron. They are the only two (couple) of these counterparts still around, which makes them the non-couple couple.

SINISTER SECRET #6 Everyone believed that the plan of this progerian mutant with secret sinister ties was foiled, but little did the gifted ones know that the destroyed samples were switched out beforehand.

My thoughts: Funny people see in this Cassandra, Stuff and Ernst. I see in this Stryfe and the not so destroyed samples of the Legacy Virus.

SINISTER SECRET #7 Two brothers jumped out of a plane, and for the longest time, until he was discovered, many wondered if there was a third. If we told you there were more, would you believe me? Probably not.

My thoughts: A 4th Summers brother or even more. I guess this will be one or more currently unknown characters. I do not believe it to be Adam X or Gambit. Sisters are not possible, as Mister Sinister teased Cyclops about having multiple brothers. But… it could also be referring to new Summers being born (he says there are more, but he does not say more brothers) and that could indeed refer to Vulcan’s kid.

SINISTER SECRET #8 For years, this fittest-of-all mutant has routinely surrounded himself with a particular-numbered entourage. These hangers-on stick around for a while until they are eventually replaced with newer, more exciting members. What most people don’t know is that if the original members returned, these pretenders would be dropped so fast their heads would spin.

My thoughts: Apocalypse and the original 4 horsemen. I don’t think we know who the originals were, do we?

SINISTER SECRET #9 They say the kids are all right, but all is not right in paradise. This non-couple couple has been apart so long, friends are expecting that when they see each other again fireworks are going to ensue. Is the universe ready? Judging by how unprepared everyone was for what’s happened so far, we kind of doubt it.

My thoughts: My first thought was that this could be regarding the Children of the Vault, as children are kids, right and the non-couple could be Indra and Luz. I think some one here said this as well. However, I got the feeling Hickman does not wanna deal with the CotV and Indra is being forgotten lately anyway. So that made me think further and now I think this might be referring to Inferno as well. The Inferno kids were not doing all right in their paradise remember. The non-couple are Maddy and Essex.

SINISTER SECRET #10 Which brainwashed mutant Sinister was replaced long before a certain bald somebody knew and has been in on the game for almost as long as the game was being played? Shhhhhhhh!

My thoughts: Fantomex was a Mr. Sinister clone before Xavier took over. Charles however did not know. Xavier is now under control of Essex. That would also explain the references to The World. Think it had to do with Xavier and Magneto meeting with Essex, I don’t think he forgot.

Last edited by Master of Sound; 09-13-2019 at 02:58 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Oof, that CBR article is baaaaad. They get the few that are patently obvious gimmes (3 = Maddy, 7 = Summers brothers, 8 = First Horsemen) but all the others are such counterintuitive or barely-substantiated leaps to keep using assured language like “this is most likely..” Like to leap from “red shoes” to Dorothy’s ruby slippers to all-purpose-symbol-of-femininity to Mrs. Sinister.. despite that they clearly use male pronouns to refer to the Sinister in question, and then act like “case closed!”.... SMH

Who in #5 do you think is Kurt? There’s no way “best there is at what he does” is meant to refer to anyone other than Wolverine, but is Kurt married with a kid?
    I'm glad you asked, come all, sit and peruse with me for a moment;

SINISTER SECRET #5 He’s the best there is at what he does. She’s married with a kid. The husband knows exactly what’s going on, but who is he to point the finger? He’s up to much the same, and more. Maybe this is just the new normal on the mutant island.

Now, I'm thinkin' that Sinister wouldn't refer to Wolvie as "best there is at what he does", frankly, he'd see him as a snarlin' dog, so I think it's a mis-direct from the writer/editor. Nightcrawlers combat usage of his teleportation and general swashbucklin ways would impress Sinister though, eliciting the positive reference.

Now, back to this side of the 4th wall, JDW has expressed how much he loved Excalibur, where I could very much imagine him being a Kurt and Meggan shipper. We saw it in Age of X-Man, and I'm thinkin' he quickly nixed the Rachel and Kurt relationship () Personally, I think they Zinged, but anyways, Kurt and Meggan are cute together too.

Meggan has a child, I can't recall if she's married or not, and giving Brian an adulterous affair leaves Kurt and Meggan off the hook, to hook up.

Now for #1

SINISTER SECRET #1 He’s trying to pretend that no one noticed he was wearing red shoes, but this truly sinister Sinister isn’t fooling anyone.

I was the one to first suggest the Dorothy connection, but I was a bit confused as to whether Bar Sinister was a flashback scene, to the Bar Sinister Domain of Secret Wars, explaining the Lost in Oz of the 'Prime' 616 Sinister. I also read it as a outing of him as a friend of Dorothy by the gossipy Sinister writing the column.

I'm not that versed on Sinister, there may be a Sinister with red shoes within continuity that gets declared the prime Sinister soon, but the Miss Sinister theory may be correct, We know that Hickman liked X-Men Legacy in which Miss Sinister first appears.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Isn't there a song called the kids are alright too where the singer was talking about a period in his life when he did drugs and tried a lot of things.
    !!!
    I think you're referring to 'The Offspring' they have a song called 'The kids aren't alright'
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think there's going to be some Maddie drama. She and Jean being back on the Island and all.

I think the Math of Love Quadrangles thing did not involve Emma, it was Wolverine, Jean, Maddie And Scott. Probably Logan was screwing Maddie while Scott was getting back with Jean? But I don't know if it could work since Logan was in Australia
    Wow that would be awesome if true...i didnt even make the connection but it makes perfect sense. It might mean they are doing it now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Isn't "the kids are all right" a reference to some American song or movie?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Hickman posted another secret on Twitter

https://mobile.twitter.com/JHickman/...03737289875456
    I hope its John Byrne or Gillen. But probably someone hideous like Soule coming to bring hot claws back to Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    I hope its John Byrne or Gillen. But probably someone hideous like Soule coming to bring hot claws back to Wolverine.
    It's clearly Gillen. Hickman is replying to his tweet.

Astonishing Member

The ‘best there is...’ has pretty much only been used to describe wolverine, so if it’s not him, this ‘clue’ is deliberately misleading...which is possible, but also throws doubt on the rest of them.