Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Quoting all of the secrets because I think the exact language is likely key in a lot of these. I think we are to pay attention to every word/letter/character. As an example, people on this thread have pointed out that it says “lies” at the bottom of the page. But I look at the zeroes in front of the word and think “zero lies”. In other words, they’re all true. But perhaps not in the way that’s most obvious.

I’m hardly an X-Men expert so I’m not sure I’ll add anything to the guesswork, but here are a few thoughts that are different from what I’ve read in this thread...

Secret number 5... I think that people are trying too hard to connect this one to past events. “Best at what he does” has to be Wolverine in my mind otherwise the clue is disingenuous. I believe the only likely candidate or married with a kid” is Meghan. People are eliminating this combination because nothing has happened between them in the past. But so what? That doesn’t mean that this isn’t a new relationship that is going to be explored in the near future. It’s a secret after all.

Actually, that’s all I got... for now.
    What about Age Of Ultron Wolverine and Sue Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    I'm seeing it more as possibly travelling from lifetime to lifetime...
    Any thoughts on the other summers family members ?

Only because Invaders was the only other title mentioning what was happening with Krakoa...
    I just found that a weird way for you to fit that in there.

What about Age Of Ultron Wolverine and Sue Storm?
    Now, that would be an unexpected couple.

You ever given any thought to an article on Chaos War: X-Men's "dead Moira"?

All-New Member

If the red shoes refers to the ruby slippers from Wizard of Oz, indicating the ability of someone to return to their own world/universe/timeline, then I'm curious as to what "truly sinister" means. The modern meaning of the word is evil or threatening, but going back, "sinister" simply means "left-handed". A left-handed Sinister? Who would that indicate? For some reason my brain keeps slipping to AOA Sinister, perhaps because AOA was mentioned in the solicits but hasn't had much of a mention in the books so far, but he wasn't notably left-handed more than any other iteration. Unless it does mean left-handed but isn't meant to be taken literally, in which case the fact that AOA Sinister sat at Apocalypse's right hand but betrayed him by creating X-Man might be interpreted as him being a southpaw?

All-New Member

Possible alternate interpretations for "red shoes" are the Hans Christian Andersen fairy tale, the 1940s film (and metatextual opera within) based on it, or the Kate Bush album based on that. The titular shoes cause the wearer to dance uncontrollably, with their removal resulting in death (or in the original fairy tale, the amputation of the dancer's feet). I'm not sure how to relate that to Sinister/the X-Men (Sinister can't stop cloning, perhaps?) but the interpretation of "sinister" as left-handed makes me wonder if Hickman is hinting to us to look for the less obvious interpretation. Or I could be reading too much into it.

Captain Marvel became a Sinister in Secret Wars IIRC, and she wears red shoes. Hmmmmm.

Personally I still feel like if “red shoes” was meant to be a Wizard of Oz reference, it would just say “ruby slippers.” That wouldn’t make it too obvious — everyone would still be racking their brain trying to figure out how Dorothy could possibly apply to this story — it would just make it a better-worded clue. If they’re already dealing in a super abstruse metaphor, there would be no need to add another layer of obfuscation by deliberately using duller, more general words — and I feel like it would have to be deliberate, because who ever talks about Wizard of Oz’s “red shoes”? They’re ruby slippers! If that’s what Hickman was going for I think he’d rather get the reference right than add another layer of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I just found that a weird way for you to fit that in there.

Now, that would be an unexpected couple.

You ever given any thought to an article on Chaos War: X-Men's "dead Moira"?
    Maybe the golem had a soul? this is harder to fit into the story

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I just don't see what another Summers brother could bring to the X-men.
    it's always tempting for writers to do that

look at how X-23 has become a mainstay, while the mutants of her generation like Surge or Limbo havent, and while other Wolverine style mutants like Wild Child or Feral havent. I don't like it, but he may want to create a popular character relative of Cyclops- it would be a 616 one like Vulcan. it's a cheap trick but those characters tend to succeed.

BANNED

I need a Summers sister so Scott can have a female mutant presence in his life that
    1. Is not an ex-girlfriend/wife/casual fling (Jean, Emma)
    2. Was pretty much his enemy at some point (Storm, Hope, Emma when she was a villain)
    3. Is or was involved in some complicated way with one of his close friends or brothers/children (Domino, Polaris, Moonstar)

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    it's always tempting for writers to do that

look at how X-23 has become a mainstay, while the mutants of her generation like Surge or Limbo havent, and while other Wolverine style mutants like Wild Child or Feral havent. I don't like it, but he may want to create a popular character relative of Cyclops- it would be a 616 one like Vulcan. it's a cheap trick but those characters tend to succeed.
    Maybe x-23 is a interesting character. her brother wasn't a success at all

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I need a Summers sister so Scott can have a female mutant presence in his life that
    1. Is not an ex-girlfriend/wife/casual fling (Jean, Emma)
    2. Was pretty much his enemy at some point (Storm, Hope, Emma when she was a villain)
    3. Is or was involved in some complicated way with one of his close friends or brothers/children (Domino, Polaris, Moonstar)
    I would love a summers sister if you had to choose a marvel character who would you want it to be

The non-couple couple has been shown to us: it’s Destiny and Mystique. “ The children are alright.” That feature about the same-sex female couple matches up. Destiny was called “mum” by her crew.

Wasn’t it shown recently in invaders that Xavier erased some of Namor’s memories, inadvertently creating this evil inside Namor? “Current” “washed ashore” has to be Namor, who has a reason to be pissed at Xavier. I’m not reading Invaders, but it looks as though Namor helped recruit students in the distant past.
    Last edited by Maniacal; 09-15-2019 at 09:07 PM.

How are Deatiny and Mystique a non-couple?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    I would love a summers sister if you had to choose a marvel character who would you want it to be
    Just a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    The non-couple couple has been shown to us: it’s Destiny and Mystique. “ The children are alright.” That feature about the same-sex female couple matches up. Destiny was called “mum” by her crew.

Wasn’t it shown recently in invaders that Xavier erased some of Namor’s memories, inadvertently creating this evil inside Namor? “Current” “washed ashore” has to be Namor, who has a reason to be pissed at Xavier. I’m not reading Invaders, but it looks as though Namor helped recruit students in the distant past.
    Actually namor was the first mutant Xavier recruited. It would actually make him the first x-man

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post

Not a bad theory about Destiny and Mystique