https://mobile.twitter.com/JHickman/...03737289875456

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    did hickman just ask gillen out
    uwu <3 O//////O xp

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I feel so dumb for not getting this.
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Speaking of gays, WEHT Morph and that Hindsight kid who probably spends every waking hour telling people he is not Quicksilver or Speed?
    If I were them, I would’ve quit during Disassembled. Like not because of the story quality, but things only went downhill after the mansion blew up and they literally have no offensive powers.

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    In mike Carey’s x-men run sinister did talk about gambits origin, and Hickman loves that run on the comics
    Hmmmmmmmmm

BANNED

I would give a lot to have Gillen and Carey back. A lot a lot. Two of very very very few writers who have made me give a damn since Morrison.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    I think Jwatson is talking about offspring's song
    Which is called "The Kids AREN'T Alright", which just shows how common the saying is -- that it's familiar enough for the Offspring to have been doing a 'subversive' spin on it in 1998.

The Kids Are Alright is absolutely centrally about a lesbian couple and their family. The sperm donor aspect of the plot is just part of the drama.

That being said I don't think that item is at all a reference to that film.
    Yes, the lesbian couple are undoubtedly the leads of the film, but it's not about a romance so much as a marriage, and the midlife complications that test it. Maybe a weird distinction to make, I was just saying that if Hickman wanted to use a movie reference to hint at a lesbian romance as many were theorizing, I don't think that would be the one to choose, and if he wanted to use that movie to hint at something, I don't think it would be as simple as that it's about lesbians.

But that's moot, because I agree that there's pretty much no chance it has anything to do with the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    1. umm credit where credit is do. i know someone had said the red shoes was a reference to Wizard of Oz. That could possibly coincide with Rasputin warping to a new world with the black hole ala Dorothy and the tornado. But I still like the “Moira makes Sinister recreate the chimeras sooner” theory more

2. Jumbo Carnation. Fits the fashion. Fits the flower motif.

3. Goblin Queen has some seeeeeeeeecrets

4. Thunderbird washed up somewhere and got his mutant gene stolen

5. POLYAMORYYYYYY

6. Ernst/Mutant Codex

7. Cyclops, Havok, Vulcan, Gambit, and Adam X are all bros. Hoorah.

8. Poccy Pooh and his four favorite kids

9. Something gay. PLEASE something gay

10. Sinister is gonna play Xavier but get played by Moira
    just quoting this before I run down my thinking on all of them. I guess I'll be reacting to yours sometimes, and sometimes not

1. I'm skeptical that this is an Oz reference. Why not just say Ruby Slippers? It would still be abstract enough. [Side note, "The Red Shoes" (1948) as a top 10 all time film for me, but it's hard to imagine how it could be a reference to that either, or the Hans Christian Andersen story that inspired it.. unless it has to do with how the shoes keep dancing after the wearer is dead.] And it says it's a male Sinister wearing the shoes, so I don't think it would be referring to Rasputin. No idea who the red-shoe-wearing Sinister could be, though.

2. I admit I didn't remember Jumbo Carnation, but looking him up, yeah, that seems exactly right.

3. Yeah, this is clearly just saying Maddy left something (or things) to be revealed... taken with the demonic Krakoan history lesson in this issue, and the Inferno reference on the next page of Sinister clues, I like where this is going!

4. I think this is unrelated to the Thunderbird revelation that follows. It seems to be talking about the present day Krakoa situation, and a threat that washed ashore which must be dealt with...

5. I'm not sure I've seen an explanation that satisfies me. The first person could only be Wolverine. Now, who is currently married with a kid? Has Jean really resumed her marriage to Scott? Does Rachel or Cable count as "with a kid?" Is there anyone who more cleanly satisfies "married with a kid"? Meggan? Layla Miller? ehhhh
    (At any rate I'm super pro-polyamory as "the new normal on mutant island" and I think the rhetorical debate about polyamory being a human concept was silly. If mutants were able to collectively evolve past the prevalent culture in which polyamory is considered deviant behavior, then give credit where it's due, mutants may not have invented it but they can claim it!)

6. This does seem to be about Ernst and the mutant codex, but I just read that Spider-Man & The X-Men issue on Unlimited, in which Ernst reveals she's been acting as a mole for Sinister in order to help No-Girl, and I can't tell why there was a need to retcon it. I didn't see anything definitive like "this lab had all his records and now they're destroyed." There was this great panel that strongly suggests the Cassandra Nova / Ernst thing is in play. And with Xavier's fashion choice in the new issue, it seems not far from Hickman's mind!...

Screen Shot 2019-09-11 at 11.21.08 PM.jpg

7. Intrigued by this. Skeptical that it will really end up being Gambit and more skeptical about Adam X but.. maybe Sinister has binders full of Summers brothers

8. yeah, obviously the First Horsemen, glimpsed in Marvel 1000

9. So, I really think the implication of "the kids are all right" is that the trouble in paradise lies with the parents. This could mean Charles and Erik.. Hickman has a great scene in AvX of all places that makes Charles and Erik as co-parents as explicit as I can remember. But for a long-awaited reunion, it could only be Charles and Moira. That makes too much sense for it to be anything else. I really doubt Hickman is using one of the last, juiciest teases on Jubilee or anyone like that. Moira is who we've been waiting to show up in the present all through this series, because we know it's gotta happen, and everything we've seen of her in this life -- from her whole history on the page to her newly revealed motivations, suggests that she's on the X-Men's side. But it probably won't be as simple as that. No one was prepared for the bombshells of HOX#1 or #2, and when Moira comes back (next issue?!) I suspect we aren't ready for what that entails.
    But also, yes, please something gay in general. for 1-10! Every blind item should be something gay.

10. Yep, the mind-wipe from earlier in the issue was too good to (stay) true, so Sinister has been working his own goals for a while without Xavier realizing... but Maybe Moira would know, since he already betrayed them in her 9th life!
    Last edited by TOTALITY; 09-11-2019 at 11:09 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    What we need is a Summers sister.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

The problem with this polyamory thing is that it would only damage Jean/Scott even further.
    Lets think of it for a moment.
    Marvel is a company that likes their characters single, it means eventually all of those relationships will break up and that they could be done without making any character or fan feel cheated.
    Why compromise even more the relationships and characters when it really isn't needed?
    It will only affect Scott and Jean even more. I mean you could have Jean dating Scott and other dude, the only thing people would remember about that is Jean dating other dude while with Scott and Scott dating other woman while with Jean. That drama was already done with Morrison and it sucked so much that to this day we are still dealing with the consecuences.
    If polyamory meant that for example Scott is dating Emma and Emma is also dating someone else or Jean was dating someone and that guy was also dating other person that wouldn't make any of those relationships look good. Being reallistic that isn't going to happen to those other characters that would happen to Jean/Scott and that relationship and characters don't need that drama again.

So no, if it messes with other ships it would be interesting but logically it would only mess Jean/Scott more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LostZargatan View Post
    The problem with this polyamory thing is that it would only damage Jean/Scott even further.
    Lets think of it for a moment.
    Marvel is a company that likes their characters single, it means eventually all of those relationships will break up and that they could be done without making any character or fan feel cheated..
    I really don't think Marvel gives a **** whether Scott and Jean are married. Deranged conspiracy theories aside, they never really have in the past. Look at the progression on paper: Scott went from a stable relationship with Jean for years directly to a stable relationship with Emma for years. He was not back to dating Lee Forrester, flirting with Colleen Wing, etc. Whoever he ends up with (and I assume it is back to Jean in some way), the X-franchise has never been big on creating swinging bachelor Peter Parkers. It's not built for that and never has been. It's the opposite, it likes to build soapy romances, relationships and triangles that linger and complicate themselves.

As for Morrison, you are entitled to your opinion but I loved that run and what it did to all of those characters.

I would give a lot to have Gillen and Carey back. A lot a lot. Two of very very very few writers who have made me give a damn since Morrison.
    I know Gillen's said he's sticking to creator-owned projects for the foreseeable future, but didn't Carey do some for-hire work recently?

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    In mike Carey’s x-men run sinister did talk about gambits origin, and Hickman loves that run on the comics
    If Hickman wants to write Gambit Origin, wich I really doubt, he needs to read Gambit by Fabian Nicieza first.

I think that Gambit is real Adam Essex, Sinister's son.

This theory explained really good in this video.
    Alao Vulcan and Adam X are explained too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xmen/commen..._new_evidence/

Spectacular Member

Everyone on the #5 don't haave to be a mutant I think. Maybe wolvie's having an affair with Jessica Jones?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I think there's going to be some Maddie drama. She and Jean being back on the Island and all.

I think the Math of Love Quadrangles thing did not involve Emma, it was Wolverine, Jean, Maddie And Scott. Probably Logan was screwing Maddie while Scott was getting back with Jean? But I don't know if it could work since Logan was in Australia
    If this were the case, it would make things very interesting, from a pure soap opera standpoint. It would also make Wolverine's attraction to Jean even that much creepier. He can't have the real Jean, so he goes out and sleeps with a clone. Then again, he did once sleep with Mystique while she was disguised as Jean. So that would be perfectly in character for him.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Laemar View Post
    Everyone on the #5 don't haave to be a mutant I think. Maybe wolvie's having an affair with Jessica Jones?
    Juuust great. Now you got me thinking Scott is getting it on with Emma and Lee forrester. -_-
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

I think one of Maddies secrets is that when her and Havok were getting friendly during the Outback run they may have had sex and Maddie could have recieved some Summers D.N.A. by a Summers brother not named Scott.