Incredible Member

Default Questions about cameos and voice roles in the MCU

Voice Actors

I've been wondering about the appareances made by the A.I. voices in the MCU.

Obviously, Paul Bettany voiced Jarvis in Iron Man 1-3 & Avengers 1-2, and was then replaced by Kerry Condon as Friday, for Avengers 2-4, Civil War, & Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Jennifer Connelly (Paul Bettany's wife) was the voice of Peter's A.I., Karen, in Spider-Man: Homecoming, but she makes no other appearances. I re-checked Spider-Man's scenes in Infinity Wars, and sure enough, there's no A.I. voice present in Spider-Man's suit. Iron Man directs Friday, not Karen, to "Send him home," to which she replies "Yep," before opening his parachute.

Still, in Endgame, there is at least one instance of an A.I. voice in Peter's suit, which says "Instant Kill Activated." I'm assuming this was the voice of Kerry Condon, but am looking for confirmation.

I obviously don't have as easy an opportunity to re-watch Far from Home, but I believe no A.I. voice shows up until EDITH, who is voiced by Dawn Michelle King, and she remains the only A.I. voice in the film.

Speaking of voice actors, Carrie Coon (the Leftovers, Ghostbusters 2020) provided the voice of Proxima Midnight in Infinity War. Although she is not in the credits for Endgame, imdb lists her as uncredited. I have to admit, I haven't found any voice clips of her in the film, so I'm wondering if imdb is correct on this, or if they just assumed it.

Live-Action cameos

The Russos like to give their families cameos in the films. Aside from Joe's cameos, they've given appearances to their sister, Joe's kids, and Anthony's wife.

Apparently Joe's daughter Sophia has an appearance as "teenage girl" in Civil War, but I haven't been able to track her down. His other daughters, both in Endgame, are easier to spot. Ava has a substantial role as Lilah Barton, while Lia shows up at the diner, asking Hulk for a selfie.

Other cameos include Ann Russo as a STRIKE agent in Winter Soldier (also haven't tracked her down), and is the voice of Zemo's wife in Civil War, while their sister Angela Russo-Otstot plays Garcia, a member of Sam Wilson's support group who is sharing her story in that scene.

In other news, Florence Kasumba is an actress who appeared as a Dora Milajae in every film Black Panther was in: Civil War, Black Panther, and Infinity War, but was then conspicuously absent in Endgame. One has to wonder why.

I guess another question that can't be answered yet is: Is that really Ben Mendolsohn in the background of Peter's school in Endgame? At first it seemed like total nonsense, especially after another "eagle-eyed" fan was so sure they'd found Katherine Langford in the background of the diner scene (yeah, no). But with Talos' appearance in Spider-Man: Far from Home, now it seems downright likely! And we're just waiting on confirmation!

There's plenty more to talk about, but also if anyone can clarify anything here that needs clarifying, that'd be great.

Question 1: Who is the voice of Peter's A.I. in Endgame?
    Question 2: Is Carrie Coon's voice actually in Endgame?
    Question 3: Why isn't Florence Kasumba in Endgame?
    Question 4: Where are Ann & Sophia Russo's cameos in Winter Soldier and Civil War, respectively.
    Question 5: Is that really Ben Mendehlson in Endgame?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 09-11-2019 at 09:38 PM.