Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    It isn't really about popularity, it is about who will sell more merch - an older or a younger Nova?
    Folks, there is this thing called orgin stories. Rich was a teenager in his. Comics Spidey is older than movie Spidey.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

They should just bring in both Rich and Sam.
    Either something like Rich being more adult and sort of mentoring teenage Sam
    Or both as teenagers who end up Novas together.

I'd rather it be Miss Marvel. Why not?

but Nova can show up too. But I wonder will it be Richard vs. Sam. And what happened to the black teen girl hinted at a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd rather it be Miss Marvel. Why not?
    Ms Marvel is happening. That's 100% confirmed.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Richard and Sam could easily be like Peter and Miles in Spider Verse, each bringing something different to the table. I would even suggest that Richard already be a surviving member of the original Nova Corps if people wouldn’t instantly start making Star Lord and Captain Marvel comparisons.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Richard and Sam could easily be like Peter and Miles in Spider Verse, each bringing something different to the table. I would even suggest that Richard already be a surviving member of the original Nova Corps if people wouldn’t instantly start making Star Lord and Captain Marvel comparisons.
    There is a Star Lord and Captain Marvel comparisons? How is that even possible?

unless Variety is reporting this or some other big-name reputable news source this is just a baseless rumor.

There are only a few rumor sites that have a track record of breaking news. Bleeding Cool does a decent job with comic news, but not with tv or movie news.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Folks, there is this thing called orgin stories. Rich was a teenager in his. Comics Spidey is older than movie Spidey.
    People didn't even like Rich until he was an adult and leading an intergalactic army

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    People didn't even like Rich until he was an adult and leading an intergalactic army
    Lots of people liked him. He just didn't get a huge chance to shine until then.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ralmist View Post
    There is a Star Lord and Captain Marvel comparisons? How is that even possible?
    People taken into space from a young age? More for Carol since she’s also part of a military operation. Casuals are gonna make the comparisons and Disney was evidently nervous about the Green Lantern parallels already with Carol, it might be even more significant with Richard or Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Use the same stories with a teen, problem solved.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Use the same stories with a teen, problem solved.
    I doubt this will work for a movie audience. Besides, Rich, when he does show up anywhere, tends to be an adult or close to it. Just taking all the stories that made people like Rich and doing them while he's a teenager is likely to fall flat.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-14-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Ultimate Member

While I am confident that Nova (Sam or Rich) will appear eventually, I don't expect it to happen any time soon. He's been name dropped too many times, IMO, to never appear. Nova is on their radar

That said, Marvel really doesn't need a young 'relatable hero' like they do in comics, because all the actors are liked. I mean, Paul Rudd's Ant-Man easily fills the 'every man' niche, and Thor, Cap and Tony are not distant archetypes, but played by excellent, well loved actors.

I will miss Spidey in the MCU, don't gt me wrong. But he isn't a requirement

Ms. Marvel makes more sense. Her and Carol's relationship could mirror Tony/Pete's. Plus her show has already been annouced

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I will miss Spidey in the MCU, don't gt me wrong. But he isn't a requirement
    To be honest, the way they handled Spidey in the MCU, he was never much of an essential or focal figure beyond some spotlight moments, so Marvel Studios can pretty much just pretend he didn't exist and move from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Ms. Marvel makes more sense. Her and Carol's relationship could mirror Tony/Pete's. Plus her show has already been annouced
    We can also get Ironheart for a proper Stark legacy and gadget hero.

Man, now that I think about it, MCU Spider-Man really did just feel like a stand-in for a bunch of other teen heroes...