Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How was Betty being Red She-Hulk received at the time?

I wasn't reading the Hulk books at the time. How did critics and fans receive it?

Amazing Member

It was better than her just suffering from being a helpless person amidst all of the Hulk stories at the time.

Extraordinary Member

I think some people thought the entire Red Hulk thing was snnoying. But Betty as Red She-Hulk quickly drew its own fans.

iMan 42s

I can't remember anybody having a problem with Red She-Hulk. More confusion that she even existed even today but I've not heard hate for the character. Surprise and indifference at worst but not hate. I was under the impression people actually liked her.

Red Hulk on the other hand tends to fight an uphill battle given who the character was supposed to be and then the crap he did later.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I think she was well-received. I really liked her. On the back of her trade, it stated "Marvel's strongest female character". I think Marvel was pleased with the her.

BANNED

I enjoyed her time as the Red She-Hulk as it was an unique take on the character and an evolution of her overall history associating with the Hulk and his mythos.

BANNED

I don't mind She-Rulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    It was better than her just suffering from being a helpless person amidst all of the Hulk stories at the time.
    She was dead for a decade or so by that point.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    I can't remember anybody having a problem with Red She-Hulk. More confusion that she even existed even today but I've not heard hate for the character. Surprise and indifference at worst but not hate. I was under the impression people actually liked her.

Red Hulk on the other hand tends to fight an uphill battle given who the character was supposed to be and then the crap he did later.
    If I remember most of the Hulk fanbase was mildly annoyed by her, more to do with the being overloaded with blank-Hulk characters by that point.

the late 2000's hulk armada gave me hives
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I really liked her as Red She-Hulk and liked Jeff Parker's solo for her.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    She was dead for a decade or so by that point.
    Her being the Red She-Hulk was one of the plot twists in time,but it was show that Betty Ross was back to life before this reveal.I personally don't think her character would made it out alive if she wasn't the Red She-Hulk.

The character I think wasn't received well at first but like with Red Hulk was redeemed with Parker's work IMO. Pak's work with her also seemed to redeem her a bit, making her less like a gimmick and bringing more "Bettyness" to her.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Loeb was one of those guys who always had a top selling book, but had more than his fair share of critics on social media despite that.

I think Red She Hulk, like Red Hulk and pretty much everything Loeb did during his Hulk run was met with a good deal of criticism on a monthly basis. I don't say it necessarily was or wasn't justified... but it was there.

Once he stopped writing the character, I think the criticism went away. But I also think a lot of the attention in general went with it. Which is not to say Jess Parker didn't do a very good job... but he just wasn't the heat and attention Magneto Loeb was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mago dos Gatos View Post
    Her being the Red She-Hulk was one of the plot twists in time,but it was show that Betty Ross was back to life before this reveal.I personally don't think her character would made it out alive if she wasn't the Red She-Hulk.
    Wasn't all that Retconned in Tempus Fugit?

She'd be fine though, at least now. She's been immortal since originally becoming Harpy.

Personally, I much Prefer Red Harpy to Red She Hulk. Much more unique and monstrous design.