Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looks like the champions version may be on Disney plus with the champions.

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/s...31431281930240

Yeah, not buying the rumor mill.

I mean, we know that Fiege and co. have considered Nova, and it's an IP that would fit real nicely into the MCU (we've had the Corps established for years after all). It's probably only a matter of time until Rich and/or Sam show up. And sure, Nova's a viable stand-in for the kind of archetype Spidey plays with. So I could see Marvel deciding that now's the time to pull the trigger.

But I'm not believing anything from this site.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    But they are less reliable. Their track record of spewing unsubstantiated garbage is well known. If Cosmic Book News runs a story about a rumor, it's a sure bet they pulled that story out of their ass.
    True or not, they know comic book readers and fans of these films, but especially comic book readers, are cynical and neophobic enough to believe any rumor and give it a life of its own. This has as much validity as the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver becoming inhumans, which was the same type of moranic rumor that fed off people's innate fear and hate of these comic book changes to spawn "news" articles and youtube videos for months. It's clickbait.

Marvel has a bunch of young interesting heroes in Kate Bishop, Nova, Ms. Marvel, Shuri, Iron heart, Squirrel Girl, etc If they are looking for a younger hero I don't think they are just hedging their bets on one. I will say tho it would be an interesting experiment to see how popular a Sam Alexander Nova could become in the mainstream. If Marvel can push a new character to the forefront with the same visibility or popularity as spiderman it is an interesting message it will say about the comic market.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I think comic fans would be a lot less accepting of Sam getting pushed over Rich than they were with Carol or Scott over their original counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I think comic fans would be a lot less accepting of Sam getting pushed over Rich than they were with Carol or Scott over their original counterparts.
    I think one of the first Latino hero pushed as a major superhero is would negate the relatively small number of comic fans complaining.

eh. maybe if the context was replacing him as a New Warrior (and live-action New Warriors isn't really a thing anymore). but, as a solo hero, it's a toss up. the Nova Corps has already been introduced. this is a Johnny Cage as Ghost Rider situation.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The difference between Ghost Rider and Nova is that we’ve never had Richard Rider as Nova before, but we have had Johnny Blaze before. I don’t mind Sam appearing but it shouldn’t be at the expense of Rich. If they did a Ant Man situation of legacy though and keep Richard in play, that’s fine. Richard could be a nice addition to a Captain Marvel or Guardians sequel before they introduce Sam.

The difference between Ghost Rider and Nova is that we’ve never had Richard Rider as Nova before, but we have had Johnny Blaze before. I don’t mind Sam appearing but it shouldn’t be at the expense of Rich. If they did a Ant Man situation of legacy though and keep Richard in play, that’s fine. Richard could be a nice addition to a Captain Marvel or Guardians sequel before they introduce Sam.
    we haven't had Dan Ketch, though. i'd love to see Rich. but i don't expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Marvel has a bunch of young interesting heroes in Kate Bishop,
    Ehhh...No. But then again a living breathing actress with actual charisma might be able to draw blood from that rock.

Nova
    The Rich Rider version? Maybe. Sam Alexander? Nah, I doubt Feige wants Loeb's sloppy seconds

Ms. Marvel,
    Here's the thing about Ms. Marvel. There is no substance. You could drop her into a silver age DC comic and not miss a beat. Heck, most of her stories read like silver age DC comics. No rogues gallery either

Shuri,
    Supporting character.

Iron heart, Squirrel Girl, etc If they are looking for a younger hero I don't think they are just hedging their bets on one. I will say tho it would be an interesting experiment to see how popular a Sam Alexander Nova could become in the mainstream. If Marvel can push a new character to the forefront with the same visibility or popularity as spiderman it is an interesting message it will say about the comic market.
    That is a very big "if". I mean...Squirrel Girl...really? You can make it but the character would become unrecognizable from the comics.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    That is a very big "if". I mean...Squirrel Girl...really? You can make it but the character would become unrecognizable from the comics.
    it almost happened, though. and it didn't seem like they were going a different direction. it was just every other character in Squirrel Girl's orbit that was radically altered.

Rich isn't that popular and they could do either one without issue.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I think one of the first Latino hero pushed as a major superhero is would negate the relatively small number of comic fans complaining.
    Sam was created by Loeb, who runs the leftover TV shows that aren't on Disney+ that Feige doesn't control. No way does Feige want to raise Loeb's profile. We will probably get Rich Rider payed by a Latino actor. Everyone is happy
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Rich isn't that popular and they could do either one without issue.
    It isn't really about popularity, it is about who will sell more merch - an older or a younger Nova?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it almost happened, though. and it didn't seem like they were going a different direction. it was just every other character in Squirrel Girl's orbit that was radically altered.

Look at the actress under Squirrel Girl. Look at her most recent comic and tell me how faithful that looks to you.