Amazing Member

Question Who Would You Cast For A Hawkman Movie

I'm thinking Alexander Skarsgard for Carter Hall.

D4xO2leWAAANzsw.jpg

For Kendra Saunders, I've had a few in mind - for now, Eiza Goanzalez is on my mind.

Eiza-Gonzalez-758x662.jpg

Skarsgard's a great choice. Not familiar with Gonzalez, though I might go with someone a bit older, depending on the needs of the story.

I remember watching that desert/ Indiana Jones scene in "Aquaman" thinking this should have been in a Hawkman/Hawkwoman movie and that those two would have been good for the Hawks actually. But since that's not an option, I'll have to give it some thought...

From the other thread - https://community.cbr.com/showthread...hlight=hawkman

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    If this is the acenstral Hawkman

After he's killed, (although he should play the contemporary resurrected version too) you can "resurrect" him as whatever typical go-to western/anglo/nordic actor that will(no doubt default here) be chosen.
    But if you are going to suggest he's recognized Egyptian, at least start it right.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post

Another good choice for Hawkman is Zeeko Zaki, he's also Egyptian. He's also the same height as The Rock.

Great choice.

If true, that's great to hear, although weird they are referencing "Muslim" religion specifically? , not more discerning just Arab.
    That's like needing to cast someone who looks northern European, and putting out a call for Christians? LOL!
    This shouldn't be that complicated LOL.

As to if the character and actor cast should visually read as ethnically Egyptian/North African etc.
    Yes that would be great! : D

El_Gato's choice of Zeeko Zaki is pretty damn near perfect!
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-18-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Kellan Lutz - I thought he was good in Hercules.

Extraordinary Member

Scott Adkins would also make a great Hawkman. He would especially be great in the fight scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Skarsgard's a great choice. Not familiar with Gonzalez, though I might go with someone a bit older, depending on the needs of the story.

I remember watching that desert/ Indiana Jones scene in "Aquaman" thinking this should have been in a Hawkman/Hawkwoman movie and that those two would have been good for the Hawks actually. But since that's not an option, I'll have to give it some thought...
    Yes. I just rewatched The Mummy and Temple of Doom a while back, and the whole time I was thinking that this was Hawkman niche, superhero Indiana Jones. I dont have any actor on the top of my head, buthe should be capable of pulling the same charismatic carácter that Ford and Fraser did. WB should search for actors of all ethinic background, Hawkman backstory allows it, and he isn't well know to the larger públic, só the backlash would nit be that big, this in the case they go with a non white actor.

It would be a total travesty if Zeeko Zaki doesn’t get the role of Hawkman! He’s damn near perfect, Jason Mamoa better watch out, Zeeko coming for that hottest DCEU male crown, assuming he’s cast!

For Hawkgirl I second that Eiza Gonzalez pick!

Quote Originally Posted by Spectacus View Post
    I'm thinking Alexander Skarsgard for Carter Hall.

D4xO2leWAAANzsw.jpg

For Kendra Saunders, I've had a few in mind - for now, Eiza Goanzalez is on my mind.

Eiza-Gonzalez-758x662.jpg

Forget it.

It should be Katar and Shayera Hol of the planet Thanagar.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Zeeko has the physicality for Carter, so I think he's a great fit for him.

Not sure of who I would cast, but I will say the actor that portrayed him in Smallville is extremely underrated!

de6f6c36060e88e292a489e6921842c9.jpg
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Not sure of who I would cast, but I will say the actor that portrayed him in Smallville is extremely underrated!

He wasn't bad at all, actually. Captured that noble gruffness he's got going on. Much preferred him to whoever played Carter on Arrow.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post

Michael Shanks is a great actor. He can pull off funny as well as serious. I always thought he was the best actor on Stargate:SG-1.

Vin Diesel