Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Young Avengers, Champions and Ironheart may be coming to Disney Plus!

https://twitter.com/moredisneyplus/s...31431281930240

We may be getting both teams and ironheart in shows!

Some variant of the YToung Avengers/Champions seems like something they're building up to.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd merge the team - some of the roster of the YA, some of the roster of Champions.

Keep Champions as the name, but use Young Avengers in a strap line for marketing. That way you get a distinct new brand to work with, but can link to your parent title.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Pretty sure it's just gonna be one of them. They wouldn't do two super similar teams. Though there's likely gonna be some overlap in the lineup, it's more about which name they choose.

Well, we already know Kate Bishop, Cassie Lang, and Kamala Khan would be involved - yeah, they'll be combined in the MCU, there won't be two teams. The question is, who makes it? WandaVision will probably introduce Vision's twins... but will Wiccan and Speed be them, or will Speed be replaced by one of Vision's second set - Viv Vision? Will Falcon and the Winter Soldier introduce Patriot? And if they do, which one? And then there's Hulkling, Nova, Brawn, and Ironheart. They won't all make the cut.

The only members of either team that we know for certain won't be used are Unstoppable Wasp, since she already has an adult MCU counterpart, and Spider-Man, as they no longer have the rights.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-12-2019 at 10:04 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

If there gonna have Billy they better bring Tommy because if anything that'll give Tommy some much needed spotlight. They keep shoving Viv in Champions and they keep reviving champions she'll be fine. Tommy needs it more.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm still hoping they will go with just Young Avengers in the end and save the Champions for later on, since most of the rumors point towards YA being the chosen title. I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference for the general audience if they merged the two teams, but I think it's better to keep the two separate for the sake of the fans of the characters. Merging the two would absolutely mean some characters would get the boot in order to make room for other characters, specially since there would be an overlap of powersets and/or legacies, and that just leads to bitterness and complaints among fandom. I mean, I'm not completely sure Kamala would be needed on a team that already has a size-changer and a shapeshifter (who's also a Captain Marvel legacy, nonetheless), and to have Kamala replacing Cassie or Teddy would NOT go well with Young Avengers fans for many reasons. And that's just ONE example. So yeah, if I had my way, I'd avoid the headache and have one team at a time. They obviously wouldn't debut together, but I think it's better to wait longer for one of them and have most of the team together than to sacrifice characters because Marvel couldn't make up their minds about which team they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    If there gonna have Billy they better bring Tommy because if anything that'll give Tommy some much needed spotlight. They keep shoving Viv in Champions and they keep reviving champions she'll be fine. Tommy needs it more.
    I don't even get why it's an either/or argument between Tommy and Viv. They're not interchangeable at all. If anything, Viv would be fighting Jonas for a spot on the team.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-12-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Pretty sure it's just gonna be one of them. They wouldn't do two super similar teams. Though there's likely gonna be some overlap in the lineup, it's more about which name they choose.
    Yeah, with them introducing Kamala now and the rumors about Ironheart and America, I'm expecting them to combine the Young Avengers and Champions.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm still hoping they will go with just Young Avengers in the end and save the Champions for later on, since most of the rumors point towards YA being the chosen title. I'm sure it wouldn't make any difference for the general audience if they merged the two teams, but I think it's better to keep the two separate for the sake of the fans of the characters. Merging the two would absolutely mean some characters would get the boot in order to make room for other characters, specially since there would be an overlap of powersets and/or legacies, and that just leads to bitterness and complaints among fandom. I mean, I'm not completely sure Kamala would be needed on a team that already has a size-changer and a shapeshifter (who's also a Captain Marvel legacy, nonetheless), and to have Kamala replacing Cassie or Teddy would NOT go well with Young Avengers fans for many reasons. And that's just ONE example. So yeah, if I had my way, I'd avoid the headache and have one team at a time. They obviously wouldn't debut together, but I think it's better to wait longer for one of them and have most of the team together than to sacrifice characters because Marvel couldn't make up their minds about which team they wanted.

I don't even get why it's an either/or argument between Tommy and Viv. They're not interchangeable at all. If anything, Viv would be fighting Jonas for a spot on the team.
    Jonas is definitely eliminated. Kang was a Fox character (part of the Fantastic Four package) and whatever plans they have probably don't include anyone Fox had - which means no Iron Lad, and no Jonas Vision, whose origin is tied to the Iron Lad armor.

I never said they're interchangeable - but face it, who's being pushed in the comics? Not Tommy. They've never pushed him.

Kamala definitely wouldn't be taking Cassie's place. Cassie's one of the members we already KNOW would be used. It's Wasp who gets pushed out there, but she was probably unusable anyway for the reason I stated earlier - the existence of the adult Hope van Dyne. Kamala would probably stick to stretching anyway, more like Mr Fantastic. She rarely uses the full shapeshifting in the comics, so she wouldn't conflict with Hulkling that badly.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-12-2019 at 06:57 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Amazing Member

Do you have a source for the Champions report?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    OHHHH so this is claiming that the series or movie could be champions or new avengers. I thought it was saying that there was going to be champions and the new avengers in the MCU which just sounded deeply unnecessary.

cartoon or live action?

Live action.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    cartoon or live action?
    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Live action.
    Thankfully.

I wouldn't really trust current Marvel Animation with a Young Avengers cartoon anyways (although Marvel Rising is solid).