Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Jonas is definitely eliminated. Kang was a Fox character (part of the Fantastic Four package) and whatever plans they have probably don't include anyone Fox had - which means no Iron Lad, and no Jonas Vision, whose origin is tied to the Iron Lad armor.
    I'm not convinced Kang was 100% FOX. While the Fantastic Four were being banned from animation and video games, Kang was still free to appear in those. So it's possible he was a shared property, much like the Watchers, who were shared and have already appeared in the MCU. So I'm not ruling out Nate and Jonas just yet.

I never said they're interchangeable - but face it, who's being pushed in the comics? Not Tommy. They've never pushed him.
    Who's getting pushed is not entirely relevant to the MCU. Hope van Dyne was a forgotten character from an alternative universe and they ended up making her the main Wasp of the MCU. Billy's and Tommy's origins are intrinsically connected to each other. I see no reason why they would erase Tommy if they use Billy. Viv can always join later on, precisely because her comic book origin story only makes sense in a universe where Billy and Tommy existed first (she was created because Vision was trying to get over his old family by creating a new one). She can have a similar origin in the MCU after WandaVision, so she wouldn't need to take Tommy's spot.

Kamala definitely wouldn't be taking Cassie's place. Cassie's one of the members we already KNOW would be used. It's Wasp who gets pushed out there, but she was probably unusable anyway for the reason I stated earlier - the existence of the adult Hope van Dyne. Kamala would probably stick to stretching anyway, more like Mr Fantastic. She rarely uses the full shapeshifting in the comics, so she wouldn't conflict with Hulkling that badly.
    Kamala DOES rely on her size-changing abilities quite frequently, though, and that would be less special on a team that already has a resident size-changer. And even if she doesn't use her shapeshifting a lot, I still consider it a relevant powerset of the character, specially since it was the first ability she showcased after her terrigenesis. Plus, there's still the issue of the team having two Captain Marvel legacies, because with the Skrull/Kree conflict already established in the Captain Marvel movie, there is no way Teddy wouldn't have his origins tied to that franchise. With all of this combined, I just wonder what exactly would be the point in bringing Kamala to this specific team just so she could be a poor man's Mister Fantastic. Why would Kamala fans even want that, specially since she has her own show, which is probably going to explore and develop her story and powers much more than Young Avengers ever would? At least with the Champions she would get a team to lead and to make her stand out from the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not convinced Kang was 100% FOX. While the Fantastic Four were being banned from animation and video games, Kang was still free to appear in those. So it's possible he was a shared property, much like the Watchers, who were shared and have already appeared in the MCU. So I'm not ruling out Nate and Jonas just yet.
    I think Kang got exempted because he was such a major Avengers villain and Stephen Wacker might just have personally liked him enough that he got by the embargo. He was probably one of the only exceptions to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Kamala DOES rely on her size-changing abilities quite frequently, though, and that would be less special on a team that already has a resident size-changer. And even if she doesn't use her shapeshifting a lot, I still consider it a relevant powerset of the character, specially since it was the first ability she showcased after her terrigenesis. Plus, there's still the issue of the team having two Captain Marvel legacies, because with the Skrull/Kree conflict already established in the Captain Marvel movie, there is no way Teddy wouldn't have his origins tied to that franchise. With all of this combined, I just wonder what exactly would be the point in bringing Kamala to this specific team just so she could be a poor man's Mister Fantastic. Why would Kamala fans even want that, specially since she has her own show, which is probably going to explore and develop her story and powers much more than Young Avengers ever would? At least with the Champions she would get a team to lead and to make her stand out from the other characters.
    They could find a way to better differentiate the two's powersets and make it come off more distinct.

To be honest it would be just kind of odd to introduce this team of new, young, teen heroes and not also feature a prominent new teen hero who is appearing around the time Marvel is supposedly building up to this group.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest it would be just kind of odd to introduce this team of new, young, teen heroes and not also feature a prominent new teen hero who is appearing around the time Marvel is supposedly building up to this group.
    I can see why they would feel they should add Kamala to the team if their debut is so close, but I think there are in-story reasons that justify her not being a part of the team. For one thing, she's based on New Jersey while the Young Avengers operate in New York. I think you could have them team up every now and then (specially if they do the arc in which they went to NJ to break Tommy out of juvie), but other than that, I think it's pretty reasonable for her to not be a regular part of the team for that reason. And with Cassie being from California in the MCU (plus the fact that Eli was considered to appear in Black Panther, which also had relevant scenes in Cali), some fans have speculated they'll turn the Young Avengers into a West Coast team, which would put them even further from Kamala (I'm not a particular fan of this theory, however, just because I want them in NY).
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-14-2019 at 01:21 PM.

Of course, Kate's been based on the West Coast recently too, including a stint leading the West Coast Avengers.

If they do want both Champions and Young Avengers to co-exist, then a West Coast based Young Avengers is probably the way to go, with the Champions getting New York.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman