Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 40
  1. #16
    Ultimate Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    17,681

    Default

    That show has a rather unfortunate problem. For some reason, it was made by WB (DC's owner! Why licence a Marvel property in the first place?), so they have the rights.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That show has a rather unfortunate problem. For some reason, it was made by WB (DC's owner! Why licence a Marvel property in the first place?), so they have the rights.
    I never knew that, it does explain why it looks occasionally a bit like Justice League. Shame though, after ‘92 I think it’s the most beloved cartoon for the team.

  3. #18
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That show has a rather unfortunate problem. For some reason, it was made by WB (DC's owner! Why licence a Marvel property in the first place?), so they have the rights.
    Please excuse me, but someone on Anime Superhero Forum (formerly Toonzone) said Disney now owns it and are just sitting on it for some reason:
    https://animesuperhero.com/forums/th...ution.5671481/

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I never knew that, it does explain why it looks occasionally a bit like Justice League. Shame though, after ‘92 I think it’s the most beloved cartoon for the team.
    I enjoyed X-Men: Evolution, and I'm glad to know you think its beloved. However, I heard that fans have mixed feelings about the show.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 10-12-2019 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Made a correction.

  4. #19
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    43,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I enjoyed X-Men: Evolution, and I'm glad to know you think its beloved. However, I heard that fans have mixed feelings about the show.
    I see it better regarded by X-Fans compared to, say, Wolverine and the X-Men.

  5. #20

  6. #21
    Astonishing Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    4,767

    Default

    I loved it! If nothing else they had some distinctive variations of some characters. I adore comics Kitty but Valley Girl Kitty from Evolution is pretty adorable.

  7. #22
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    I'm sold if they put the `82 Hulk cartoon, the 1966 Marvel Superheroes shows, and the `67 Spider-Man....

  8. #23
    Tranquilo! DragonKent17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Spectacular Spider-Man also clearly won't make since it was made by Sony (The show was cut short after Disney bought Marvel at the time and they avoid screwing with existing licensing deals, but Sony gave up the TV rights to Spidey so they could keep the movie rights.)

    I also don't see the Anime series made by Madhouse being there (Wolverine, Blade and X-Men specifically)
    Last edited by DragonKent17; 09-13-2019 at 04:38 PM.
    "The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

  9. #24
    Astonishing Member Silvermoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,704

    Default

    I really hope they show the 90s xmen again. It’s a great way to bring the xmen back to people’s imaginations

  10. #25

    Default

    it would be great though impossible to get one-shot episodes that "continued" some of the vintage series.

  11. #26
    Incredible Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    612

    Default

    Surprised to see Runaways on Disney+. It's not that far off from the Netflix series in edge factor.

  12. #27
    Mighty Member K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I see it better regarded by X-Fans compared to, say, Wolverine and the X-Men.
    Well, okay. You have more knowledge about this than I do, so I'll take your word for it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I loved it! If nothing else they had some distinctive variations of some characters.
    Also, a very distinctive voice cast.

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I adore comics Kitty but Valley Girl Kitty from Evolution is pretty adorable.
    Agreed. Maggie Blue O'Hara is an all-time favorite.

  13. #28
    Incredible Member Dreaded Porcupine's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Back in limbo
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Where is the 1966 (Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Sub-Mariner) animation and the 1967 Spider-Man and Fantastic Four? I have bootlegs of all of them but would love an official release of all these. These are some of my most prized possesions.

  14. #29
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kuna, Idaho
    Posts
    1,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Where is the 1966 (Cap, Hulk, Iron Man, Thor, Sub-Mariner) animation and the 1967 Spider-Man and Fantastic Four? I have bootlegs of all of them but would love an official release of all these. These are some of my most prized possesions.
    Oh yeah, forgot about the `67 FF.
    Add the `78 FF cartoon also. Not particularly fond of Herbie the Robot, but Ted Cassidy as the Thing is voice-casting gold (along with Bob Holt as the Hulk and Dan Gilvezan as Spider-Man).

  15. #30
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Surprised to see Runaways on Disney+. It's not that far off from the Netflix series in edge factor.
    I dunno if I'd say that, I don't think it has much more edge than a Marvel movie would.

    That being said, it might be on there because these screenshots are from the Netherlands, and international distribution of shows doesn't always follow the same format. I think it showed on network television in Canada, for example. And it came to Hulu Japan well after its US release.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-14-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •