infinity ending.jpg

THE CONCLUSION TO JIM STARLIN AND ALAN DAVIS' EPIC TRILOGY!
All hail Thanos, lord of all - including himself! In the far future, Thanos is the most powerful being in reality. But it's not enough to rule his own time. The truly Mad Titan intends to command all of time and space - including his own past self! Now, Thanos' brother Eros, his old ally Adam Warlock and a teleporting troll named Pip must find a way to free Thanos' consciousness from his own future. But the journey will take them - and Thanos - far beyond the limits of anything they believed they could endure. Don't miss Jim Starlin's final chapter in the Thanos saga
What do you think?

I hope this time Starlin gives a definitive ending to Thanos, heck, he already gave like three different endings to Thanos (Infinity Gauntlet, Marvel Universe The End and Infinity Finale), so i could easily dismiss the future adventures of Marvel NOW's thuggish and mustache twirling version of Thanos as yet another Thanosi.

Starlin remains somewhat short-tempered when interviewers ask him about Thanos and Marvel editorial, but if he truly means to give a proper ending to Thanos this time, I'm all for it. Keith Giffen and Ron Marz aside, I haven't found that Marvel has any authors willing to grant Thanos the wit, intellect, pragmatism, moral ambiguity and psychedelic sense of wonder that Starlin imbues his creation with. Thanos is best left in Starlin's hands, as other creators tend to simply retread either his cosmic cube phase from the seventies or The Infinity Gauntlet (and only the first 4 issues of the series at that while glossing over the character development) or writing him as a de-mystified sci-fi version of Jeffrey Dahmer (Thanos Rising).

I just hope Starlin doesn't have Future Multiversal Thanos defeat the One Above All, that would be too much even for me.