Default Mangog vs. Thanos

616. Arena.

I'm reasonably certain I know the outcome of a standard match, so feel free to answer the regular fight, but ultimately Im hoping to have some questions answered.

Clearly, Thanos has more esoteric stuff going for him, but who is the more potent brick? Strength/durability? Based on feats/presentation, who was a more alarming threat to Odin?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Off the top of my head. Pretty even for all stats? Maybe a slight edge to Thanos in terms of degree of difficulty Odin had in dispensing with both (read: no Jason Aaron allowed here).
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Captain Morgan's AvatarJoin Date
    May 2014
    Wasn't Mangog actually being a threat to Odin (albeit one who never got the chance to prove it) kind of the premise of his story? Thanos did great and all, but he clearly wasn't a threat.

He could still win on mind whammy or something, I dunno.

That info is wrong.

You have 3,086 posts.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That info is wrong.

You have 3,086 posts.
    Oh dang

:0

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Captain Morgan's AvatarJoin Date
    May 2014
    Wasn't Mangog actually being a threat to Odin (albeit one who never got the chance to prove it) kind of the premise of his story? Thanos did great and all, but he clearly wasn't a threat.

He could still win on mind whammy or something, I dunno.
    Forgot the TP thing, sure. I was under the same impression from early Thor comics, that Mangog was like next level below Ragnarok in terms of threat. It seemed more a lot of build up with Odin defeating him fairly easy as the end of it all. Maybe I'm mis-remembering.
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

But on second thought...since Mangog feeds on the enmity of his opponents, one wonders if he will eclipse Thanos in raw physical strength? I mean...aside from a standard rumbles match.
    ----------------------

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    That info is wrong.

You have 3,086 posts.
    That's an old issue. After a subsequent timeskip, he now has 3,089 posts, and is probably part of the Summers Family.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    That's an old issue. After a subsequent timeskip, he now has 3,089 posts, and is probably part of the Summers Family.
    Ahh, my mistake.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan