Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kyle Rayner vs. Silver Surfer

Post Crisis and 616.

Not a traditional fight, although feel free to discuss that if you'd like.

A series of challenges have been laid out for the two of them. Who is capable of accomplishing each task and who isn't? If they are both capable, then who can do it faster or more efficiently?

1: Blow up the sun
    2: Move Jupiter from one side of the solar system to the other without destroying it
    3: resist Prof X mind probes for a full hour
    4: raise defenses / amp themselves and then take repeated blows from Thanos. Who lasts longer? How long?
    4: raise the dead
    5: race to the other side of the universe
    6: cure cancer
    7: cure Ben Grimm from being the Thing
    8: go to hell and back.
    9: speed eating contest.
    10: who makes a better soy latte?
    11: who has the more succesful modeling career?
    12: who can hold mount Everest over their head longer?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Like a Denny's breakfast, the challenges just kept getting worse
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Post Crisis and 616.

A series of challenges have been laid out for the two of them. Who is capable of accomplishing each task and who isn't? If they are both capable, then who can do it faster or more efficiently?

I'm gonna go Surfer here, although Kyle HAS actually blown up a star where I think Surfer has just talked another Herald through how to do it. But Kyle's was a techno star, so.

2: Move Jupiter from one side of the solar system to the other without destroying it
    This seems like Kyle. I don't think Surfer has ever done the planet wrangling thing, and Kyle is quite good at it.

I'd imagine Surfer. Kyle has good stuff, but Surfer seems rather next level.

4: raise defenses / amp themselves and then take repeated blows from Thanos. Who lasts longer? How long?
    Huh. I actually don't know what Surfer's best amped defensive feats are. His baseline durability is better than an unamped Kyle's, but Kyle might actually have a higher maxed out? We have seen Thanos beat Surfer down in like 6 punches, so I'd guess he takes about that many and Kyle might take a few more.

I wanna say Surfer has already done this, and Kyle only did it when he was channeling the lesser version of Ion AKAIK.

This very much seems like Surfer's THING.

Well I know Marvel in general has a bad history with this. Not sure on DC.

One would think if this was something Norrin could do he would have done it for his pal by now. Kyle could at least make him a construct body I reckon.
    I feel like they have both done this, but Norrin has actually beaten Mephisto, right?

Are giant Pac Man constructs allowed?
    Kyle's a rather avid coffee drinker, and his landlord, pal, and confidant owned a coffee shop in his building. I'd think he'd take it.
    11: who has the more succesful modeling career?
    I'm sure there's an audience for Norrin out there somewhere, but...

Well eventually Kyle runs out of charge, so.

I feel like they have both done this, but Norrin has actually beaten Mephisto, right?
    He has, yes.

Post Crisis and 616.

Hmm. Don't recall Norrin ever doing this. Nova has done it, but might've been outside her normal scope? Not sure for Kyle.

I actually lean more toward Kyle on this given the Heaven's Ladder feat.

Surfy should be able to pull this off no probs given he's resisted Xavier with the mind gem. But don't Lanterns have TP resistance with the rings as well? I know John Stewart has some pretty consistent mind resistance stuff.

Yeah...showing my ignorance pretty bad here on the Lantern stuff...but I imagine a structure that could string together several planets should translate into a pretty powerful shield as well (that's Kyle). On the other hand, Norrin was actually killed by Thanos in 8 (9?) blows.

Do either of these guys have feats for raising the dead? I don't think Norrin does.

Barring my ignorance on Kyle, I suppose Norrin whose traversed half a million light years in only seconds.

?

Norrin has cured some strange disease in CPs Unlimited I think. Don't know if Kyle has done anything similar.

Eh, if he can cure Banner, why not Ben Grimm?

I believe both have demonstrated feats for time/dimensional travel.

I give the edge to Norrin just because he is stupid fast.

I feel like Norrin might have the edge here. He just seems to be a high end matter and energy manipulator. I'd give a soy latte from Norrin a go.

11: who has the more successful modeling career?
    Well, Norrin has some pretty iconic poses (I think its one of the reasons artists enjoy drawing the Surfer so much)....so maybe Norrin? But Kyle was a pretty *ahem*, successful bachelor IIRC, from reading some of his older stuff.

Toss up. Lean toward Kyle I suppose? But Norrin has lifted a pyramid pretty effortlessly with an anti-grav thrust.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    He has, yes.
    Was this one of those "I'm too pure for you!" things? Or straight up punching and blasting his way to victory?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Was this one of those "I'm too pure for you!" things? Or straight up punching and blasting his way to victory?
    He got into a grapple with the guy and brought more power to bear faster than Mephisto could deal with basically.

Needs an art round imo. And a soliloquy round.

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Needs an art round imo. And a soliloquy round.
    Easy. Kyle for the artsy stuff...Norrin for the soliloquys.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Easy. Kyle for the artsy stuff...Norrin for the soliloquys.
    Norrin might just bust out a really nice power cosmic sculpture tho. We need a panel to judge lol

Quote Originally Posted by moonknight11 View Post
    Norrin might just bust out a really nice power cosmic sculpture tho. We need a panel to judge lol
    I mean with his physique ? He is the art.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Who can best incorporate a pair of blue jeans into their costume?
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Who can best incorporate a pair of blue jeans into their costume?
    Kyle actually wears jeans and is a visual artist who designs his own costumes, so him? Though that may hinge upon how you feel about his various costumes.

Who would be better at scrabble?

Reversing the earth's rotation?

Pulling a block of Adamantium away from Magneto?

Talking to animals/plants?

Hitting intangible opponents?

Getting my two year old to eat vegetables? (Peacefully - no forcing!)

Beating Pendaran in a debate?

Traveling through time?

Turning off a black holes negative effects?
    - big_adventure

Beating Pendaran in a debate?
    You suck-up you.

And not Surfer because once the debate gets into more fundamental arguments, Surfer will begin his deep dive into self-existential crisis, the inner and outer void, universal doubt, and cosmic wonderment, completely losing track of what the debate was about in the first place.

"...sir, this is a Denny's."

Surfer: I'm sorry, I lost my train of thought. What was the debate again?

Waitress: I didn't ask for a debate! I only asked if you wanted toast or pancakes!

Pen: ...