Default Fumigating - What to do with comics?

My girlfriend and I recently discovered that we have termites in our home and need to get it fumigated. Supposedly, the gas is tasteless and odorless, but I heard it second hand through a friend that he knows somebody that got it done and afterwards his comics had an odor to them. Not sure if the process that they had done was the same as what I am getting, but I just wanted to get some input as to whether anybody has had this done and what affect it had on their comics, if any. Thanks in advance!
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

There's typically no effect on paper items.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

It probably wouldn't hurt to box them up in plastic storage containers, and/or relocate them someplace (like an unattached garage or storage shed) that isn't going to be fumigated.

How to Prepare for Fumigation

Termite Fumigation Preparation
    Last edited by Tami; 09-14-2019 at 01:10 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It probably wouldn't hurt to box them up in plastic storage containers, and/or relocate them someplace (like an unattached garage or storage shed) that isn't going to be fumigated.

How to Prepare for Fumigation

Termite Fumigation Preparation
    Thanks for those, Tami! I thought that I was prepared, but there were a couple things in those links that I did non know.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    There's typically no effect on paper items.
    That's what I've been finding in what research that I've been doing myself. Wasn't sure if anybody had any first-hand experience.