It's been 15 years since "The Batman" premiered on Kids WB and yesterday was it's anniversary!

I just wanted to bring this up because this was the Batman cartoon I grew up on instead of the classic BTAS. It gets a lot of criticism thrown it's way especially since it follows right after BTAS but I love it all the same and perhaps even more.

The character designs were out of this world and creative. It felt like an actual elseworlds done right. This was probably my favorite version of a young Bruce/Batman. He wasn't overly serious and grim but he was very balanced. He had quips here and there and wasn't the usual moody boring character he's been stuck with nowadays.

The villains were "cartoony" versions of their comic counterparts but some of the versions in this show were my favorite. I LOVE Rasta Joker, Firefly, Penguin, Riddler, Poison Ivy, Killer Croc and Mr. Freeze in this. This also has the best depiction of Killer Croc.

The action was spectacular and I love how characters were amped up to an eleven. This was like the first depiction of Poison Ivy as a huge threat with her powers. Joker actually fought back and could give Batman a hard time. Actually ALL the villains knew how to fight. They were never afraid to square up against Batman .

I won't lie the show was gimmicky so it can sell toys but it wasn't horrendously bad or obvious. Batman uses a lot of gadgets so it flowed together anyway.

What are your thoughts and opinion on it?