Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    For me, it's inconsiderate people who park their cars in street based bike lanes. I run into that literally ALL the time when I'm out cycling.
    My pet peeve are double parked cars and trucks. There is a street I have driven on, on occasion, where this is the norm. It's a very long street and a major one running through several business districts in several towns and cities. Driving it is like driving an obstacle course, especially at night.

This is made even worse with the cars trying to get on to this busy road from side streets that have no traffic lights. Left lane, right lane, you get it either way.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

I hate when news anchors keep saying "...in broad daylight." Yes, crimes DO happen in the daytime... this is not Gotham City where crime only seems to happen at night when Batman is active.

I also hate when news anchors keep telling us "Take a look at this" or "Listen to this" or "Take a listen..." They will say all of these things every few minutes and it is very annoying to me. I was already looking AND listening so I hate it when they tell me to do something I was already doing.

I also hate it when news anchors give their personal opinions on a story they just reported. Can you just report the facts of the story, please, and leave your personal comments and opinions out of it? I don't need to know if you think that criminal was stupid for making himself a cheeseburger after breaking into a restaurant to steal cash.

I hate when society keeps referring to women as "girls." Those are NOT interchangeable words, just like "men" and "boys" aren't. And I hate when women call men "boys". It's inaccurate, and it's not cute.

I hate when I see people reading a book while walking down the street, or staring into their phones as they walk down the street, because they are not watching where they are going and I'm the one who has to move because if I don't they'll walk right into me.

I also hate it when people are standing right in the middle of the sidewalk, forcing everyone else to go around them. I guess standing off to the side while having their conversation made too much sense.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-14-2019 at 07:02 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Yeah, I hate shared bike paths. Fucking idiot pedestrians wandering all over them like walking in a straight line is rocket science or something, looking everywhere except directly in front of them (mostly down at the ground like they're expecting to find a fifty just lying there or something), and when they finally realise there are other people in the world and one of them is about to pass them quickly and cleanly on a bike, having already chosen the line they're going to use twenty seconds before the oblivious idiot is even aware of their presence, every time they jump around like a startled cat and move over into the bit of path you were about to use to get around them like what did you expect John and Shirley, I was just going to ride right over the top of your dumb ass or something? Then the idiots yell at you to look where you're going.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The "gluten free" craze is stupid enough, but when non-starchy foods like sliced prosciutto put "gluten free" on their packaging... Argh.

What's next? Non-alcoholic flour? Sugar free olive oil?
    Non-GMO salt is an actual thing, so...yeah.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I can agree about the bike paths. There are some cylists that must think they are training for the Tour de France or something. My sister is a walker and one of these idiots did a hit and run, or I guess hit and pedal.
    Cyclists are basically suburban terrorists. They havent met a law or rule of the road they couldnt ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    When I say “good morning” to someone in passing, and they don’t say it back.

I habitually say “or not” in the same tone/at the same volume as we continue to pass each other and lo and behold the person will usually come back w. “Excuse me”, or “What’d you say”. Funny how they didn’t have time to return a simple courtesy, but have time to react to a perceived insult.
    You say "good morning" to strangers in the street? Are you Crocodile Dundee?

I would hate walking down the street if strangers did that all the time. Being greeted in shops is bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I hate when I see people reading a book while walking down the street, or staring into their phones as they walk down the street, because they are not watching where they are going and I'm the one who has to move because if I don't they'll walk right into me.
    That's me and I'm not going to stop. If I stopped reading while walking to and from work, I pretty much wouldn't read comics anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Yeah, I hate shared bike paths. Fucking idiot pedestrians wandering all over them like walking in a straight line is rocket science or something, looking everywhere except directly in front of them (mostly down at the ground like they're expecting to find a fifty just lying there or something), and when they finally realise there are other people in the world and one of them is about to pass them quickly and cleanly on a bike, having already chosen the line they're going to use twenty seconds before the oblivious idiot is even aware of their presence, every time they jump around like a startled cat and move over into the bit of path you were about to use to get around them like what did you expect John and Shirley, I was just going to ride right over the top of your dumb ass or something? Then the idiots yell at you to look where you're going.
    Typically, at least where I live, solo cyclists aren't the problem. It's the biking clubs. Which are usually "drinking and riding clubs".

If I'm running and two (or more) ******* cyclists are riding abreast rocketing down the trail, I'm knocking one of them off their bike. I'm far from a tiny little person, and I have no duty to move over because cyclist's think the entire trail is their personal drag strip.

In general I'll add I hate when people on the sidewalk walk abreast and assume I'm going to move to give them clearance. "Nah mother#cker, you move."
    Last edited by KOSLOX; 09-16-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

I was watching an ad on tv for bed sheets. And they proudly claim to be made from Organic Cotton. WTF is organic cotton, Is the heath craze going to batshit crazy that we have to have organic cotton?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by tbaron View Post
    I was watching an ad on tv for bed sheets. And they proudly claim to be made from Organic Cotton. WTF is organic cotton, Is the heath craze going to batshit crazy that we have to have organic cotton?
    That reminds me of a cotton candy flavored energy drink I saw that had no sugar but apparently contained all natural flavors.

How?

Cotton Candy is spun sugar, so if it has no sugar, but all natural flavors... WTF is in it?
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Cyclists are basically suburban terrorists. They havent met a law or rule of the road they couldnt ignore.
    While you're at it, why not label all motorcyclists as being members of biker gangs such as the Bandidos or Hell's Angels? But we know that's not true.

On a similar note: all cyclist aren't rude, arrogant, morons. But enough are; to the point where it becomes relatively easy to throw a blanket statement at them. My personal take on the problem is that there is no formal system to qualify people to ride bicycles in a safe, courteous way. We have formal requirements for people to become liscensed to legally drive a car, truck, or motorcycle. It's not the same for bicycles (at least here in Texas). If anyone knows differently, I'd love to hear about it. With bicycles, all we really look for is for someone to keep their balance and not fall down. After that we send them off on their own devices. Which is ridiculous -- in my opinion -- since we do actually have bicycle laws. We really do leave it up to individuals to educate themselves on what it means to be smart, safe cyclists. Many seem content to ride around in ignorant bliss.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Well, we do deserve some perks for risking our lives to save the climate.

Astonishing Member

Reading through this some of you folks would be a lot less stressed if you'd just mind your own business.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post

I hate when society keeps referring to women as "girls." Those are NOT interchangeable words, just like "men" and "boys" aren't. And I hate when women call men "boys". It's inaccurate, and it's not cute.
    This is me, as well. I don't even like adult superheroes with"girl" or "boy" in their codenames. I cheered when Kara brought this up in the Supergirl pilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Things Fall Apart View Post
    That reminds me of a cotton candy flavored energy drink I saw that had no sugar but apparently contained all natural flavors.

How?

Cotton Candy is spun sugar, so if it has no sugar, but all natural flavors... WTF is in it?
    There tends to be some flavouring added to cotton candy (blue is a raspberry, pink is a vanilla or bubble gum) and especially the pink has become quite iconic.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-16-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Reading through this some of you folks would be a lot less stressed if you'd just mind your own business.
    If people the world over could just mind their own business I think we'd be living in a utopia by now instead of the spiteful rhetoric-laden world in which we live.