Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    If you're running a business, you most certainly owe your patrons a reason. It's disrespectful not to give one. No such thing as personal if it's affecting your business. It's not too much to ask that a business owner simply say, "Death in the family" or some other important thing. To leave nothing is flaking off, pretty much by definition.
    Nope. You’re acting entitled. Their personal lives are not automatically your business, just because they run a business. Not divulging the details of closing early to you, is not, “by definition” flaking off. Get a grip.

Business owners, just like everyone else, are allowed a modicum of privacy.

“Closed today/early, sorry for the inconvenience.” Is all that’s needed.
    Last edited by Joker; 10-20-2019 at 10:08 AM.

I am with Joker on this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Why don’t you jump on the team and come on in for the big win!

Yes, sir!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Nope. You’re acting entitled. Their personal lives are not automatically your business, just because they run a business. Not divulging the details of closing early to you, is not, “by definition” flaking off. Get a grip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am with Joker on this one.
    I also second (thrid?) the Joker. Often, people open their own businesses to have control of their schedules (usually doesn't work out that way, but that's what some are after). Now, I'll grant you, inconsistent hours could be an issue for the health of their business, but obliged to any customers curiosity? No.

As Joker says, "Sorry we had to close early" is enough, although these days, it's probably smart to put the announcement on the business' social media as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post

Everything here is accurate. And Spike-X was right to call it out first! A customer has ZERO RIGHT to know about the personal lives of the owner or staff. It's none of their business.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I agree with everyone who agrees with me!

After a rainy& cold AF Halloween Festival in lil 5 points last night I need to vent I was ton fungus just got to the festwas walking up a group of tipsy black ladies was coming towards me and one just reached Uber my dress and got fistful of me...

I really hate girls (98% whom are white #jussayin) think I'm attracted to them which that gives them the right to grope me...slide their bodies against mine...touch my Fuckin hair(!!) Especially sorority girls A. It makes me feel as if they have this mindset that they can do anything to a black male body which is a heavy emotional to process tipsy at 1:50 in the morning. Even if the pink (shirt or sweater etc) or short shorts or twerkin wasn't a big enough clue I've started to verbalize "B!tch I'm not attracted to You! Like "Dam...If you ain't got no D!ck you're useless to me" but in a nicer way. B. It's super annoying when chicks I've known for years make a pass or say something and I'm like what? And they'll give a sly look like it's an inside joke.
    And you know what I'm not doing during all this... mackin on dudes
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    After a rainy& cold AF Halloween Festival in lil 5 points last night I need to vent I was ton fungus just got to the festwas walking up a group of tipsy black ladies was coming towards me and one just reached Uber my dress and got fistful of me...

I really hate girls (98% whom are white #jussayin) think I'm attracted to them which that gives them the right to grope me...slide their bodies against mine...touch my Fuckin hair(!!) Especially sorority girls A. It makes me feel as if they have this mindset that they can do anything to a black male body which is a heavy emotional to process tipsy at 1:50 in the morning. Even if the pink (shirt or sweater etc) or short shorts or twerkin wasn't a big enough clue I've started to verbalize "B!tch I'm not attracted to You! Like "Dam...If you ain't got no D!ck you're useless to me" but in a nicer way. B. It's super annoying when chicks I've known for years make a pass or say something and I'm like what? And they'll give a sly look like it's an inside joke.
    And you know what I'm not doing during all this... mackin on dudes
    Not sure if it's slang/dialect or typos, but I can barely understand a word of this.

I hate when people call dibs on a parking space before the current occupants have even finished unloading their groceries, much less started to back out of the space. I've even seen people screech to a halt and put their blinker on upon seeing someone with a cart of groceries approaching a car. Even worse is when they position themselves in such a way that other cars can't get by them, creating a logjam behind them.

And I really get angry when I'm the one who is parked, and they try to rush me out of my space so they can take it. Well, maybe I'm not ready to leave yet. Maybe I want to check my phone or finish my soda before I pull out. You're no more entitled to this space than I am, so move along.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

That is actually common here, but most waiting drivers have the courtesy to ask or signal if the folks are actually about to leave or just depositing stuff. I've been on both sides of the situation so it's give and take, and I do wait in a way so as not to obstruct.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Not sure if it's slang/dialect or typos, but I can barely understand a word of this.
    Bro is a gay man. He is not attracted to sexually women. It's frustrating for him ( I'd venture borderline assault depending on how you look at it) when drunk women feel entitled to grab his junk.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Bro is a gay man. He is not attracted to sexually women. It's frustrating for him ( I'd venture borderline assault depending on how you look at it) when drunk women feel entitled to grab his junk.
    Cheers.

And the "I was ton fungus just got to the festwas " bit???

Damn forgot I wrote this
    Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    Yup! So So frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by dancj View Post
    Cheers.

And the "I was ton fungus just got to the festwas " bit???
    Ha myy bad "I was on mushrooms, and had just got to the festival"
    GrindrStone(D)

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    When I say “good morning” to someone in passing, and they don’t say it back.

I habitually say “or not” in the same tone/at the same volume as we continue to pass each other and lo and behold the person will usually come back w. “Excuse me”, or “What’d you say”. Funny how they didn’t have time to return a simple courtesy, but have time to react to a perceived insult.
    Sometimes I respond and then the person (a man) decides that this is an opening to engage in some harassment. So these days I'm selective to who I say good morning.

Personally when people make snide comments when they don't get the response they think they deserve I think they're assholes.

Extraordinary Member

Idiots who tailgate, beep and swerve in and out of traffic only to end up 3ft ahead of you 5mins later. Like yeah you really got far *******.