Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    I've seen positive reviews get considered negative by RT. That's when I pretty much realized the site was a fraud. Plus the system RT uses doesn't really tell you how good a movie/show is. Something can still get 100% and still be mediocre. I generrally trust the general public more than critics, anyway.
    Exactly what I was pointing out. there are no real measurement to define why a movie gets fresh and rotten. I have read many reviews rated fresh and the critics will tell us how dumb and hollow the movie still is. dumb and hollow should mean a poor movie as it means the script is poor.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    It's an aggregate site. It's literally just a collection of other people's reviews. Claiming it's 'biased' is absurd.
    I never said it was biased but the site is now in its last leg for been credible anymore. I don't know if you have noticed it but many people who have a vast knowledge about films and the levels of quality have never used the site to argue their stance, usually the site would be a definitive mechanism not an offensive mechanism. Do you want to know how many film makers the site has pissed off for doing more to destroy films than help it? a lot

It's quite simple and transparent. If a critic uploads the review themselves to RT then they assign a fresh or rotten designation themselves. If they're review is pulled and uploaded by RT themselves the curation team will either reach out to the reviewer and ask or use they're best judgment. If someone hates a movie and somehow it gets marked as a fresh review then all the reviewer has to do it request that its changed. It's not complicated . If people wanna discuss critics being out of touch sure go for it. There are plenty of movies that I loved that critics hated. But most of the complaints seem to be that RT gave a MCU movie a high score while giving a movie they like a shitty or equal score.

Ultimate Member

Complaining about RT is pointless. As others have pointed out, it’s an aggregation site like Metacritic.

End of story. If people have issues with an individual critic, take it up with the critic.

As an aside, the entitlement that exists in this current age we live in is ridiculous. Complaining and getting angry that majority of critics like or hate a movie that one doesn’t like is downright childish. Just like the babyish tantrums about Black Panther’s best picture nomination or The Last Jedi’s and Captain Marvel’s success, the noise making says more about the audience than the actual movie or the critics.

Seriously, the people complaining about critics appreciating stuff they don’t like need to grow up, get a life and stop defining themselves by entertainment they consume.

Yeah, two pages on this topic was two pages too long. As has been pointed out time and again, arguing that there's a controversy regarding Rotten Tomatoes shows a total misunderstanding of what the site actually is. On top of that, the bottom line of the OP poster claiming there's controversy and "loss of credibility" is: "Movies I don't like get Fresh scores on that site." Seriously, as noted above, grow up.

May not be my place to say, but I think it's time to end the thread; whatever illusive discussion fodder it had has long been spent.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, two pages on this topic was two pages too long. As has been pointed out time and again, arguing that there's a controversy regarding Rotten Tomatoes shows a total misunderstanding of what the site actually is. On top of that, the bottom line of the OP poster claiming there's controversy and "loss of credibility" is: "Movies I don't like get Fresh scores on that site." Seriously, as noted above, grow up.

May not be my place to say, but I think it's time to end the thread; whatever illusive discussion fodder it had has long been spent.
    Yeah, I can already see where these threads are going. Checking out now.