Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Default What is your current opinions towards Bendis?

Now Bendis has been doing his work in dc a while, And did make some changes in DC. What is your opinions about him?
    For me, Surprisedly is his works better than I was expecting. But I still don't like he aging jon, And makes him the funder of the Legion instead of Superman. Also his Superman run aside from a few issues I think is interesting most parts the comics are boring.
    Last edited by qwertyuiop1998; 09-14-2019 at 08:45 AM.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Let’s see I’ve read a lot of his marvel stuff for years before DC so I might have some slight bias. Overall I’d say he’s doing a decent job. I think his Best work is probably Action Comics as it maintains that street level character writing he’s good at and genuinely has some of the better moments then his Superman run which has good ideas but don’t necessarily feel solid. His Naomi series was great, it was slow but overall a very good introduction for a new hero. Young Justice has been pretty good, while I’m a little meh on the Drake thing it’s not terrible and I’ve genuinely enjoyed how he writes Bart. However he has yet to really do anything really with Teen Lantern and Jenny Hex who just feel along for the ride for right now.

So overall he’s doing a good job with some of his titles needing some improvement or just some writing touch ups.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think he's doing some good work. I don't agree with everything he's done, but I haven't ever felt like he's not trying his best to give his readers their money's worth

So far, he's doing a rather good work in my book.

His best series are, in that order for me : Naomi, Event : Leviathan and Action Comics.

Naomi because of the introduction, the vastness of potential stories down the line, the mysteries around the character's abilities and all that, and the art of course, which is simply stunning.

Event : Leviathan because I like the fact that it isn't a slug-fest or an action event. It's very much a cerebral one, where the characters' interactions matter more than the potential fights. And I've the feeling it'll cement great new things for the DCU.

Action Comics because of how genuinely human the intrigue is. Superman's the main star, but so are the peoples of the Daily Planet, hell, Metropolis itself, up to and including Lois Lane, and that's really good. Plus, the concept of the Invisible Mafia is simply a stroke of genius. It doesn't work for any other hero but Superman, and it's incredible that no one truly ever thought of that.

That's not to say that Superman and Young Justice are bad, far from it, and they deal with high concepts that I like but I sometimes feel the execution a bit rushed. But they're still really good, and his Superman is one I like, which is extremely rare with this character, who usually don't speak to me at all. Young Justice's a little messy at times, but I find the humor pretty enjoyable (when I couldn't enter in the original series - the one with just Bart, Tim and Connor, in the 90's I think?) so it's okay.

It's obviously too soon to judge his Legion of Super-Heroes, but I'm confident. I get why people who loved the ancient version(s) would be upset, but I've the feeling they should give this book a chance. It already has against it to not be in the main continuity's main era, so making it relevant may be hard, so I really hope it'll woo readers around.

Other than his his horrendous actions towards Tim Drake, i’m rather enjoying his DC work so far.

Astonishing Member

Young Justice is good and Leviathan will be good, bad or stupid depending on how it ends. I'm not a fan of his Superman or LoSH(this might change depending on how things play out).

I feel his DC stuff is better than his Marvel stuff at the end, but not up to par with his Marvel stuff at the start.

Action Comics has been great. His Young Justice has some great ideas but hasn't really "clicked" yet for me. Superman was kind of average but I like the Legion setup so far. I'm waiting on the collection for Naomi so I can't speak on that yet.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I disagree with some of his decisions but overall I'm a huge fan of his work for DC and perhaps an even bigger fan of how he has made each Super-related book well worth reading and making Wonder Comics a total level on every level. If not for Bendis, I would be reading FAR few DC books.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Pretty much the only thing I've hated is him giving the Legion and all its history to Jon. I don't like robbing Superman like that. That's unfortunately a large sticking point with me, but beyond that though I've felt fair to good.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

I've enjoyed Man of Steel, Action Comics, Event Leviathan, Superman and Batman Universe. Even more so than I thought I would.

Haven't read his other stuff at DC because they are properties I don't really care about, so can not comment on those.

I gave Bendis a shot when he first came on, as I had never read his work before.

The only thing I've read since was the issue of Leviathan where Jason Todd was the central focus.

In other words, no. I have not enjoyed his work. Particularly with aging Jon up. A bunch of wasted potential there that STILL irritates me. And the stuff I've read of his Damian... Its not Damian. Its someone doing a poor job of pretending to be Damian. Don't get me started on the Lois and Clark parenting, as that's been hashed out several times in the Superman section.

Pleasantly surprised. Not happy with the changes to Krypton's demise (considering it could be so relevant with climate change and putting a villain behind it is ho-hum) the aging up of Jon (but I can live with it) and taking away the Legion from Supes. But the rest is solid. I've really like Action and Leviathan and loved the first issue of Batman Universe.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

BANNED

He's hit and miss for me his action comics run so far has been quite good but his superman and young justice books have been lackluster in my opinion.

I'm really looking forward to the legion of super heroes book with Jon.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

I dislike most of Bendis Marvel work, but what I like there, I love.

So, I was mostly prepared to actually hate Bendis at DC.

Color me surprised, he made me a fan. His Young Justice hit all of the nostalgia points. Naomi is just an awesome new character, the likes of what DC needed. Batman Universe is a damn funny book. Event Leviathan has been great.

I'm even enjoying more and more his Superman work, though I have some huge problems with him messing with the Krypton mythology and all.

Overall, we can see the love for the properties in Bendis work, and we need that at DC right now.

(Also, I have reason to believe he's a Wally fella, so he gains points in my book. :P )
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!