Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by David Paris View Post
    I've been subscribing to this same theory for years. It makes perfect sense with the Ben clone degenerating. I would love to see a story where Osborn gets broken out of prison by a purple and green goblin themed Spider-Man who unmasks to reveal a brain washed Ben Reilly who's been on ice since the clone sage. TAKE. MY. MONEY!

Also speaking of clone saga threads my big one is....MEPHISTO IS JUDAS TRAVELLER!
    Traveller always claimed to be studying Peter to better understand good and evil but how can it be a fair test if the subject nows that he's being studied? Best solutation is to make everything think he was just a fraud and dissapear. That way he can study him unseen. The very question of 'Will you make a deal with the devil?' is the ultimate moral question of good and evil and if Traveller really is as powerful as he originally seemed then he'd have no problem making the events of Brand new day happen.

Once again, it all makes sense!
    On ice a la Bucky Barnes when he was revealed to be the Winter Soldier? Could work.

And combining Mephisto and Judas Traveller, linking the two most hated sagas/arcs in the Spider-Man mythos? That could work as well. I also like the theory of Mephisto somehow being behind Norman Osborn's resurrection, as a tool to harry and hound and push Peter to his breaking point so he'd be easy pickings for Mephisto's malevolent machinations.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    On ice a la Bucky Barnes when he was revealed to be the Winter Soldier? Could work.

And combining Mephisto and Judas Traveller, linking the two most hated sagas/arcs in the Spider-Man mythos? That could work as well. I also like the theory of Mephisto somehow being behind Norman Osborn's resurrection, as a tool to harry and hound and push Peter to his breaking point so he'd be easy pickings for Mephisto's malevolent machinations.
    I doubt they'd go for a "demonic resurrection" like that for Norman, Mysterio did it already, and it's currently being used, and he even has to do what Kindred wants, doing it with Norman at this point would be repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I doubt they'd go for a "demonic resurrection" like that for Norman, Mysterio did it already, and it's currently being used, and he even has to do what Kindred wants, doing it with Norman at this point would be repetitive.
    Good point, I must admit.

BANNED

Sins of past is the combo of the killing joke and Magneto's children saga. The homicidal clown farting over himself while indulging in his warped views and bad bad insane humor and the ever retconed into being a father Mags both played strong inspirational roles for Osborn.
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-28-2019 at 08:29 PM.

AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Another one of mine. That I know is wrong but just makes more sense to me and is my personal head canon. Is that Peter is 17 or 18 by ASM issue 1. He got bite the spider at 15-16 but fought street level guys between AF and ASM issue 1. Hence why Johan mentions him crime fighting already in his TV report. Even thou it should only be the burglar, Why Peter and Aunt May are so behind on bills that people are knocking on their door. Which is messed up if Uncle Ben's murder took place the night before, and it makes the Betty stuff easier to swallow. If she and him are both around 18ish, and Ned is fresh out of college so 21-22ish.
    Last edited by powerpackers90; 09-29-2019 at 08:52 AM.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    Another one of mine. That I know is wrong but just makes more sense to me and is my personal head canon. Is that Peter is 17 or 18 by ASM issue 1. He got bite the spider at 15-16 but fought street level guys between AF and ASM issue 1. Hence why Johan mentions him crime fighting already in his TV report. Even thou it should only be the burglar, Why Peter and Aunt May are so behind on bills that people are knocking on their door. Which is messed up if Uncle Ben's murder took place the night before, and it makes the Betty stuff easier to swallow. If she and him are both around 18ish, and Ned is fresh out of college so 21-22ish.
    I think its been established in Busiek's Amazing Fantasy #16-#18 (sort of a prelude to what would become Untold Tales) that Peter did at least fight a few bad guys in the interim between AF 15 and ASM #1, but he was still only 15 then.

My headcanon is that Spiderman constantly begs Marvel Boy to take him on a tour of the Kree Empire and Marvel Boy keeps saying he will and never does.

We didn't see them, but Ben Reilly and Phil Urich had more adventures together as the Scarlet Spider and Green Goblin, respectively, after their initial encounters with Joystick and before Ben becomes Spidey.

These days, Ben and Kaine use the Slingers as a network of operatives who infiltrate the Las Vegas crime scene from various angles: Johnny is a crook for hire; Prodigy is a hero; Hornet is a tech guy; and Dusk is an unknowable and chaotic mystery that haunts the dark corners of the city.

Also, Ben and Kaine share the Scarlet Spider identity -- but Kaine attempts to stay in stealth mode as much as possible, so that people won't know there are two of them.

-Pav, who thinks Firestar wonders about Ben...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    My headcanon is that Spiderman constantly begs Marvel Boy to take him on a tour of the Kree Empire and Marvel Boy keeps saying he will and never does.
    would buy 10
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    We didn't see them, but Ben Reilly and Phil Urich had more adventures together as the Scarlet Spider and Green Goblin, respectively, after their initial encounters with Joystick and before Ben becomes Spidey.

These days, Ben and Kaine use the Slingers as a network of operatives who infiltrate the Las Vegas crime scene from various angles: Johnny is a crook for hire; Prodigy is a hero; Hornet is a tech guy; and Dusk is an unknowable and chaotic mystery that haunts the dark corners of the city.

Also, Ben and Kaine share the Scarlet Spider identity -- but Kaine attempts to stay in stealth mode as much as possible, so that people won't know there are two of them.

-Pav, who thinks Firestar wonders about Ben...
    I like those ideas, and I wonder how Ben would react to Phil coming back (and eventually dying) as a villain. Come to think of it, a lot of characters introduced during the 90s as heroes, albeit with varying amounts of controversy behind them, came back in the 2010s as villains. What that says . . . I don't know.

I like those ideas, and I wonder how Ben would react to Phil coming back (and eventually dying) as a villain. Come to think of it, a lot of characters introduced during the 90s as heroes, albeit with varying amounts of controversy behind them, came back in the 2010s as villains. What that says . . . I don't know.
    That's sounding like mean spirited jabs at the 90's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That's sounding like mean spirited jabs at the 90's lol.
    Pretty much, which is a shame, because there were some gems in the rough from that era, if Marvel would bother to capitalize on them instead of throwing out the proverbial baby with the bathwater.

Pretty much, which is a shame, because there were some gems in the rough from that era, if Marvel would bother to capitalize on them instead of throwing out the proverbial baby with the bathwater.
    It's specially worse with Ben, making a Peter clone be an evil *******, to then have him go on a grayer area, but still try to do good? That's Kaine's character development, ironic to somewhat turn him into a clone's clone

Of course, it's not the same thing, 'cause Kaine in his run thought he was worthless, feeling he's not worthy of being a hero, much less to be called Spider-Man/Scarlet Spider, while in Ben's run, he has that "27 resurrections corrupted his soul" bullshit, but he didn't consider to stop from trying, but even so, the similarity is noticeable, and making Ben go down that path was a dumb decision to begin with.

At the very least, Ben is back to normal as of Spider-Geddon, unless Marvel forgets about it and makes him evil again...

Extraordinary Member

My headcanon is that most New York hospitals have antidotes for various common poisons and weird diseases, like Morbius's form of vampirism.