Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    AngelGroveRadioPodcast powerpackers90's Avatar

Default Your Spider-Man head canon and fan theory

So I watching a video the other day about fan theory of Rick and Morty. It got me thinking about what head canon you guys about our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Here's one of mine. That Chapter One is the Spider-Man of the 90's Heroes Reborn universe. That Franklin subconsciously created into the universe. And after the Hereos returned. One of the side effects was a few people memories were changed to that world's for a tiny bit bit until resenting back to the real memories. And any 616-ism (like the other hero acting like their 616 version) was the memories slowly fading and fixing it self.
    Angel Grove Radio
    The "ALL NEW" Spider-Man's Tangled Web-Show ON YOUTUBE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpackers90 View Post
    So I watching a video the other day about fan theory of Rick and Morty. It got me thinking about what head canon you guys about our friendly neighborhood Spider-Man.

Here's one of mine. That Chapter One is the Spider-Man of the 90's Heroes Reborn universe. That Franklin subconsciously created into the universe. And after the Hereos returned. One of the side effects was a few people memories were changed to that world's for a tiny bit bit until resenting back to the real memories. And any 616-ism (like the other hero acting like their 616 version) was the memories slowly fading and fixing it self.
    I quite like that.

I'm waiting for someone to say Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane and Renew Your Vows is their head canon.

Spider-Sense is actually a psychic link connecting every Spider to a cosmic, multiversal Uncle Ben hivemind that observes each Spider and upon detecting danger yells "Look out!" telepathically, which due to the Spiders' unevolved mortal brains they simply interpret as a feeling of imminent danger.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

My personal theory for Spider-Man is that the spider that bit him was a Weapon Plus project from that era when they tried experimenting with animals, only with human hybridization in the mix.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    My personal theory for Spider-Man is that the spider that bit him was a Weapon Plus project from that era when they tried experimenting with animals, only with human hybridization in the mix.
    Well, if anyone ever wanted to make Spidey connected with the Weapon Plus project, that's probably the best way to do it, although one could wonder how the hell the spider ended up in new york...

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, if anyone ever wanted to make Spidey connected with the Weapon Plus project, that's probably the best way to do it, although one could wonder how the hell the spider ended up in new york...
    Simple enough to explain; they were using Empire State University, where the Isotope Genomic Accelerator exhibit was being witnessed by Peter Parker, as a cover. Happens enough in real life that a college/university will sometimes accept grant money from dubious sources under dubious conditions, and considering how many supervillains did come out of ESU if you check in on its comics history . . .

BANNED

In Ultimate Marvel, that more or less is the origin. The spider that bit Peter was an Oscorp project driven by military funding in part to create a super-soldier program which goes back to Captain America, goes back to Fury, and also Logan/Wolverine and so on.

As per AF#15 and later tellings, the actual experiment was the isotope ray shooting device. The spider just happened to cross-through and then before it died it bit Peter, choosing to make him the embodiment of the powers of the spider totem.

The Spider itself isn't part of the experiment.

Amazing Member

In my head canon JJJ's father is dead years earlier and the one married with Aunt May during the Slott run was his older brother.

In my head canon there aren't any Spider-people. Only one Spider-Man. Peter Parker.

peter is the clone
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    In Ultimate Marvel, that more or less is the origin. The spider that bit Peter was an Oscorp project driven by military funding in part to create a super-soldier program which goes back to Captain America, goes back to Fury, and also Logan/Wolverine and so on.

As per AF#15 and later tellings, the actual experiment was the isotope ray shooting device. The spider just happened to cross-through and then before it died it bit Peter, choosing to make him the embodiment of the powers of the spider totem.

The Spider itself isn't part of the experiment.
    Point taken. I was more arguing that two separate experiments could've been going on at the same time, the public one being the Isotope Genomic Accelerator exhibit, and the one with the spider being the secret experiment that got loose on the ESU campus.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    peter is the clone
    Or Peter, Ben, Kaine, exact are all clones and Jackal killed the real Spider-Man when Spidey was briefly out cold.

PS If I could officially tell one Spider-Man story for Marvel this would be the one I'd tell. Probably would have to set it in an AU though.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    peter is the clone
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Or Peter, Ben, Kaine, exact are all clones and Jackal killed the real Spider-Man when Spidey was briefly out cold.

PS If I could officially tell one Spider-Man story for Marvel this would be the one I'd tell. Probably would have to set it in an AU though.
    Ben Reilly didn't have to have actually been dead. Given that he was supposedly a "perfect clone," he ought not to have turned to dust and ash even at the moment of his death. Ergo, my personal theory was that after beating nine levels of hell out of him, Osborn had him hidden away to serve as a living voodoo doll for Peter, and then swapped him out with a hastily made clone that he killed to throw Peter off the trail while spending the next several years torturing Ben himself. For what end? A backup plan in the eventuality Peter turns down his "generous" offer of becoming his new son and heir? Just another means to get some sadistic satisfaction out of the suffering of a man with the same face as his simultaneously hated and admired, if not beloved, nemesis? A little of both?

Ben Reilly didn't have to have actually been dead. Given that he was supposedly a "perfect clone," he ought not to have turned to dust and ash even at the moment of his death. Ergo, my personal theory was that after beating nine levels of hell out of him, Osborn had him hidden away to serve as a living voodoo doll for Peter, and then swapped him out with a hastily made clone that he killed to throw Peter off the trail while spending the next several years torturing Ben himself. For what end? A backup plan in the eventuality Peter turns down his "generous" offer of becoming his new son and heir? Just another means to get some sadistic satisfaction out of the suffering of a man with the same face as his simultaneously hated and admired, if not beloved, nemesis? A little of both?
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I would set this during the original Clone Saga when Peter put "Ben's" body in the smokestack. I'd have it be revealed the original Spider-Man was killed by Warren who then had two clones each with memories of the original fight each other. The winning clone went on to become the Peter we know and love. As I previously stated, this would likely have to be an AU comic because of how it would change Spider-Man forever.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-13-2019 at 06:47 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post

i personally find ideas like yours fun, even though i know alot of fans spontaneously started bleeding from their eyeballs just reading that
    troo fan or death