Quote Originally Posted by David Paris View Post
I've been subscribing to this same theory for years. It makes perfect sense with the Ben clone degenerating. I would love to see a story where Osborn gets broken out of prison by a purple and green goblin themed Spider-Man who unmasks to reveal a brain washed Ben Reilly who's been on ice since the clone sage. TAKE. MY. MONEY!

Also speaking of clone saga threads my big one is....MEPHISTO IS JUDAS TRAVELLER!
Traveller always claimed to be studying Peter to better understand good and evil but how can it be a fair test if the subject nows that he's being studied? Best solutation is to make everything think he was just a fraud and dissapear. That way he can study him unseen. The very question of 'Will you make a deal with the devil?' is the ultimate moral question of good and evil and if Traveller really is as powerful as he originally seemed then he'd have no problem making the events of Brand new day happen.

Once again, it all makes sense!
On ice a la Bucky Barnes when he was revealed to be the Winter Soldier? Could work.

And combining Mephisto and Judas Traveller, linking the two most hated sagas/arcs in the Spider-Man mythos? That could work as well. I also like the theory of Mephisto somehow being behind Norman Osborn's resurrection, as a tool to harry and hound and push Peter to his breaking point so he'd be easy pickings for Mephisto's malevolent machinations.