Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Kindred is Uncle Ben's long-lost son who ran away as a teenager due to disagreeing with his father over the decision to marry his favorite fictional hero, the Astounding Pill Bug Boy, to his love interest, Briana Block, in the 80's. He then became a serial killer of unethical rice farmers, but died and went to hell after an accident caused him to suffocate under a mountain of that sweet grain. At which point, he worked his way up the ranks to become the demon Kindred, and upon learning that his stupid cousin got his father killed, he's dedicated his unlife (and taught Mephisto how to beat Final Fantasy X) to accomplish one thing. MAKING SURE SPIDER-MAN WILL NEVER BE MARRIED.
    thats just silly

everyone knows pill bug boy's one true love was debbie mcgee. god rest her soul
    Last edited by boots; 09-13-2019 at 07:50 PM.
    troo fan or death

Spider-Man stans T-ARA.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear. I would set this during the original Clone Saga when Peter put "Ben's" body in the smokestack. I'd have it be revealed the original Spider-Man was killed by Warren who then had two clones each with memories of the original fight each other. The winning clone went on to become the Peter we know and love. As I previously stated, this would likely have to be an AU comic because of how it would change Spider-Man forever.
    I should've been clearer myself. I liked your idea just fine as it was; I merely figured I'd piggyback off that to pitch my own Clone Saga theory. As it stands, the way you fleshed it out in your later posts here, especially explaining the Jackal's mentality, was honestly great.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    look, i kinda get where slott was coming from. the idea of someone being killed and resurrected a dozen or so times in a row is interesting to explore in a sci fi-ish way. problem was: it wasn't explored. it was just sorta dumped in our laps.

maybe this is one of those times where the fan theory was more interesting than the eventual in-universe reveal.
    Same. There was a lot of potential in actually seeing and exploring Ben's descent into ultimately omnicidal insanity as per what the original Jackal did to him, but like so many ideas with good or even great potential in that era, it was half-@$$ed and squandered.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The Stacy twins are part of a Skrull plot as part of Secret Invasion.

It wasn't Mephisto in One More Day, but some kind of cosmic trickster (who could later turn out to be responsible for all sorts of weird decisions that have to be retconned.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Norman Osborn did, in fact, die at the end of ASM #122. How did he return to be the mastemind behind the Clone Saga, then? Because Mephisto altered history so that he didn't, as part of a deal he made with Harry during one of his more gobliny phases. So when Harry died in Spectacular 200, he wound up in hell. However, he spent the time climbing the hierarchy of hell and eventually was allowed out, with his memories of his 'death' suppressed. However, with Peter & Mary Jane's reuniting, those memories and purpose have returned...and now Kindred will keep them apart. Whatever it takes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The Stacy twins are part of a Skrull plot as part of Secret Invasion.

It wasn't Mephisto in One More Day, but some kind of cosmic trickster (who could later turn out to be responsible for all sorts of weird decisions that have to be retconned.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Norman Osborn did, in fact, die at the end of ASM #122. How did he return to be the mastemind behind the Clone Saga, then? Because Mephisto altered history so that he didn't, as part of a deal he made with Harry during one of his more gobliny phases. So when Harry died in Spectacular 200, he wound up in hell. However, he spent the time climbing the hierarchy of hell and eventually was allowed out, with his memories of his 'death' suppressed. However, with Peter & Mary Jane's reuniting, those memories and purpose have returned...and now Kindred will keep them apart. Whatever it takes.
    I like both of those, and the latter could be why we haven't seen Harry at all since the end of Dan Slott's run.

I've got some Life Story theories:

Why wasn't Claire brought along on the last mission? Because she had a daughter, that world's Spiderling.

Also, Ben & Helen had kids (perhaps tins) before they separated, and one of them would go on to have a daughter who would be named for her grandmother. Gwen Reilly will also follow her grandfather into costumed vigilantism as Ghost Spider.

Why wasn't Claire brought along on the last mission? Because she had a daughter, that world's Spiderling.

Also, Ben & Helen had kids (perhaps tins) before they separated, and one of them would go on to have a daughter who would be named for her grandmother. Gwen Reilly will also follow her grandfather into costumed vigilantism as Ghost Spider.
    If Chip Zdarsky is still making comics decades from now, it could be interesting to see a follow-up.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I like those ideas, and I am still disappointed that we never saw what became of Helen Stacy-Reilly after Life Story #2.

Oh, and one more theory:

Part of what motivated Peter to try and get back together with MJ at the start of Spencer's run was seeing their RYV counterparts together in Spider-Geddon.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    meh.

i suppose that depends on your view of clones. when it was revealed peter was the clone, it actually made me like him more.
    when Mary Jane stayed with him and stuck by him through thick and thin, not giving up on him, and even risking her life of being killed by him because of Jackal's programming, I actually liked her even more

I cannot imagine this Mary Jane giving up on Peter like she did in One More Day, One Moment In Time, and Superior Spider-Man.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Mighty Member

Oh, and one more theory:

Part of what motivated Peter to try and get back together with MJ at the start of Spencer's run was seeing their RYV counterparts together in Spider-Geddon.
    I thought main universe Peter didn't meet RYV Peter and Mary Jane in Spider-Geddon.
    I saw the video game universe Peter meet and talk with them.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Oh, and one more theory:

I think Mary Jane's being dead, and then coming back to life, in Kelly Thompson's Jessica Jones probably works a little better on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrius View Post
    I thought main universe Peter didn't meet RYV Peter and Mary Jane in Spider-Geddon.
    I saw the video game universe Peter meet and talk with them.
    He saw them both together in one panel, even commented that "Some of you have kids" (He was seeing who could take of the Morlun babies) and was looking at their general direction, think RYV Spidey commented on what he said too.

David Paris

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Ben Reilly didn't have to have actually been dead. Given that he was supposedly a "perfect clone," he ought not to have turned to dust and ash even at the moment of his death. Ergo, my personal theory was that after beating nine levels of hell out of him, Osborn had him hidden away to serve as a living voodoo doll for Peter, and then swapped him out with a hastily made clone that he killed to throw Peter off the trail while spending the next several years torturing Ben himself. For what end? A backup plan in the eventuality Peter turns down his "generous" offer of becoming his new son and heir? Just another means to get some sadistic satisfaction out of the suffering of a man with the same face as his simultaneously hated and admired, if not beloved, nemesis? A little of both?
    I've been subscribing to this same theory for years. It makes perfect sense with the Ben clone degenerating. I would love to see a story where Osborn gets broken out of prison by a purple and green goblin themed Spider-Man who unmasks to reveal a brain washed Ben Reilly who's been on ice since the clone sage. TAKE. MY. MONEY!

Also speaking of clone saga threads my big one is....MEPHISTO IS JUDAS TRAVELLER!
    Traveller always claimed to be studying Peter to better understand good and evil but how can it be a fair test if the subject nows that he's being studied? Best solutation is to make everything think he was just a fraud and dissapear. That way he can study him unseen. The very question of 'Will you make a deal with the devil?' is the ultimate moral question of good and evil and if Traveller really is as powerful as he originally seemed then he'd have no problem making the events of Brand new day happen.

Once again, it all makes sense!