Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by twiztor View Post
    we're never getting Dark Knight: Boy Wonder, are we?
    Thank god.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Thank god.
    I had the same reaction, whereas this idea? I'm actually pretty excited for it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Well, this one shot is coming in just two days! What are people looking forward to?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The art was great, I really enjoyed that. The rest was just nonsensical.

I know this goes back to DKIII, but I still don't get where Lana's attitude torward people comes from. Jonathan is really creepy, I don't know if this was on purpose, but he's really weird. Also for a 6 year old, he talks like a grown up. Clark is an awful parent. He's there for like one page, then leaves Lara to be responsible for Jon. A ton of useless dialogue all over the place.
    Last edited by SixSpeedSamurai; 12-12-2019 at 06:32 AM.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post

I know this goes back to DKIII, but I still don't get where Lana's attitude torward people comes from. Jonathan is really creepy, I don't know if this was on purpose, but he's really weird. Also for a 6 year old, he talks like a grown up. Clark is an awful parent. He's there for like one page, then leaves Lara to be responsible for Jon. A ton of useless dialogue all over the place.

[spoilers]So Darkseid's plan was to control people through the election? OK. I'm not exactly sure what happened at the end, Jon has the power to leave our dimension or just turn invisible? I could not tell.[/spoilers]
    Yup, Miller can no longer tell a coherent story.

Pure nonsense.

Grampa though; excellent

Lana's attitude is the way Miller writes Amazons - they hate "man's world". It's the way he wrote Diana in ASBAR.

I thought the political stuff was pretty obnoxious, though I think there is a thoughtful way to read it. The art really blew me away - surprisingly, since I normally am not into Grampa's type of style (like Chris Burnham, Frank Quitely - it usually creeps me out, but here it really made me marvel).

I really adored the way the three main characters were characterized. Some people really liked the villains' characterization, but I don't care that much about villains. I loved Carrie and Jon especially, and Lara had some good moments too.

Empty is thy hand!

Master Race was godawful, and I say that as a fan of Dark Knight Strikes Again.

This thing is an odd duck, but I'm happy to be exposed to Grampa's work. Basically Miller is telling us how he feels about Trump and that he read Morrison's Final Crisis/Multiversity. The front half was better than the back. Reminds me of the stuff Neal Adams puts out every now and then; it wouldn't get published if a veteran wasn't behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceWayneJr. View Post
    Master Race was godawful, and I say that as a fan of Dark Knight Strikes Again.

This thing is an odd duck, but I'm happy to be exposed to Grampa's work. Basically Miller is telling us how he feels about Trump and that he read Morrison's Final Crisis/Multiversity. The front half was better than the back. Reminds me of the stuff Neal Adams puts out every now and then; it wouldn't get published if a veteran wasn't behind it.
    Fascinating. I really can't stand DKSA, but I really enjoyed Master Race, while still acknowledging that a lot of it is simply a lesser work than the first two.

I thought spoilers:
    Neutron Vision
    end of spoilers justified the back half enough. Really fun visual there.

I had a heck of a better time reading this than I have the issues of Batman vs. Ra's (though, to be fair, I dipped out of that really darn quick).

I really liked this one-shot.
    I'm not a big fan of the products that have come from DKR, but I thought Master Race and The Last Cruzade were fine. I think what gave Golden Child the upper hand was Grampá and Bellaire. This team made up for one of the most visually exquisite comics that I have seen coming out this year. I was entertained the whole time while reading this comic even with Frank Miller's writing being way too much.
    I didn't get bored like I saldy was with Superman Year One, which I stopped reading after the first book even when it has an amazing art by Romita Jr, Miki and Sinclair.

Maybe the negative critism against Trump isn't especially deep, but at the end of the day, I would say that everyone has made up their mind in favor or against Donald Trump, and here the opinion of the writer is clear at the same time that it plays with some of DC's characters in a, if not original, at least interesting way
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Question

I am surprised to see this here.. Is not about SUPERMAN kid this?

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    It has Lara and Jon, but also a lot of Carrie Kelley, the Batwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    It has Lara and Jon, but also a lot of Carrie Kelley, the Batwoman.
    Plus it's in the Dark Knight Returns universe.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Plus it's in the Dark Knight Returns universe.
    I know but watching the characters featured here(lara and the kid) I thought that it was more focused in Superman family in DKReturns universe.

I know but watching the characters featured here(lara and the kid) I thought that it was more focused in Superman family in DKReturns universe.
    I think it's at least equally divided between Jon/Lara and Carrie in terms of action and character development/sketching.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I think it's at least equally divided between Jon/Lara and Carrie in terms of action and character development/sketching.
    The DKR world is weird..

I am not sure what to think about Carrie.. Similar about Lara(despite maybe I like here a little more)

For the kid? I don´t like Superman son in this universe..

Maybe I will read reviews about this to know if this is worth to read or not.

IS ONLY 1 ISSUE?