Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Andy Kubert Variant

Paul Pope Variant

Joelle Jones Variant

Last edited by LoveStar; 11-08-2019 at 10:45 AM.

After the fiasco of Superman: Year One, I think this comic for Miller will be the last. Only two Miller comics that were not hated are DK Return and Batman: Year One. Everyone else is considered the worst in DC. Even the announcement of this comic was not well received by the majority. And the fiasco on SDCC is also not in Miller's favor.

Darkseid? Interesting choice.

Yeah, interesting if Darkseid is a part of this.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    After the fiasco of Superman: Year One, I think this comic for Miller will be the last. Only two Miller comics that were not hated are DK Return and Batman: Year One. Everyone else is considered the worst in DC. Even the announcement of this comic was not well received by the majority. And the fiasco on SDCC is also not in Miller's favor.
    Nah. Long as they keep selling, DC will keep letting him make more. YO proved he definitely needs a co-writer imo though.

Frank Miller and Rafael Grampa will be attending CCXP for a “Golden Child” panel. Panel will be December 8th.

Frank Miller variant

Rafael Grampá variant

Honestly, I can't wait to read it. I genuinely have mixed feelings about Superman Year One.
    However, DKR did catch my interest in wanting to know what this particular version of Superman's story was, considering the events going on in that comic.
    Last edited by Crabble; 11-08-2019 at 08:34 PM.

So I’m guess “Darkseid wants Superbaby so he can mold him into his ultimate weapon. Superwoman and Batwoman need to stop him.” We’ve seen a number of stories in which Darkseid has wanted his very own pet Kryptonian, including Superman himself. So this story doesn’t strike me as anything new.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Frank Miller and Rafael Grampa will be attending CCXP for a “Golden Child” panel. Panel will be December 8th.

Frank Miller variant

Rafael Grampá variant

Okay that's a great cover by Frank. His style pops here.

Very interested to see what Miller does with a kid with all this power. We've seen him do human heroes but a child busting with power would be new and something he can go wild with I'm guessing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nah. Long as they keep selling, DC will keep letting him make more. YO proved he definitely needs a co-writer imo though.
    Miller's comics receive mostly negative reviews. DC didn’t even ask fans about Suoerman: Year One 3. Perhaps because two times they received only negative comments and reviews. DK II has high sales, but this comic is the most hated. And the fact that DK Return and Batman: Year One are the only Miller comics that did not become hated clearly suggests that Miller should not be allowed to write comics. DK was about Batman and it was only because of him that the comic book sold out. And this one will be mainly about two women and a guy, then this comic will also be a failure. Miller writes horribly women and characters with superpowers.

Miller's comics receive mostly negative reviews. DC didn’t even ask fans about Suoerman: Year One 3. Perhaps because two times they received only negative comments and reviews. DK II has high sales, but this comic is the most hated. And the fact that DK Return and Batman: Year One are the only Miller comics that did not become hated clearly suggests that Miller should not be allowed to write comics. DK was about Batman and it was only because of him that the comic book sold out. And this one will be mainly about two women and a guy, then this comic will also be a failure. Miller writes horribly women and characters with superpowers.
    Erm I am sure you are spamming the same things over and over now. ALOT of which are inaccurate.

Yeah you didn’t address my points at all. Let me break it down for you
    1. No one cares about reviews, they care about sales. If a comic gets bad reviews but sells well it’s getting a sequel
    2. Miller, by virtue of writing 2 of the most transformative DC works ever (in addition to his Marvel and indie work which was also transformative), gets more leeway than your average writer similar to how Wolfman and Jurgens keep getting modern day work even though their work is mostly mediocre outside of a few hits
    3. Miller Batman sells really well. DK3 sold really well. DC is more likely to say “Guess people just don’t care about Superman” than they are to blame Miller. Now I agree with you that DKSA is absolutely godawful BUT they gave him Master Race after that so they’re perfectly willing to keep giving him more chances

In short no, this will probably not be the last thing Miller writes, this like Last Crusade is a bridge to another DK book, probably DKIV

Miller’s actually writing a story where the fascist is the bad guy or will this be the most sympathetic Darkseid ever?

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Okay that's a great cover by Frank. His style pops here.

Very interested to see what Miller does with a kid with all this power. We've seen him do human heroes but a child busting with power would be new and something he can go wild with I'm guessing.
    Was already interested in the fact that he is 3 or 4 years old already in control of his abilities etc... but toddler super-buddha against Darkseid is something totally out of the box.🤣 I’m interested in the dialogue most of all of him taking shots at Darkseid as well as Darkseid’s reaction to the children of Superman and Wonder Woman. Right off, going this big and wild with the idea is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Was already interested in the fact that he is 3 or 4 years old already in control of his abilities etc... but toddler super-buddha against Darkseid is something totally out of the box.�� I’m interested in the dialogue most of all of him taking shots at Darkseid as well as Darkseid’s reaction to the children of Superman and Wonder Woman. Right off, going this big and wild with the idea is a plus.
    You know it! It's very Miller. LOL. I would be disappointed if he didn't do something outside the box. We've never had reaction by Darkseid to SMWW children. Fact it's Miller is the one who has taken the concept of the offspring of these two and done some of what fans have speculated over the years. What would their kids be like? How would others react to them? Look, the idea of SMWW children has always been one of those ideas that intrigued fandom, even those not reading comics, because of who they are. We've had Brainiac/Lex wanting Lara, then Quar wanting baby Jonathan, now Darkseid...I honestly don't know what he would want. Jonathan's powers I am curious too. I am interested to hear what comes of it that Miller/Grampa panel at CCXP.
    Last edited by hellacre; 11-11-2019 at 05:49 AM.