Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
Some fans may not like it, others will like it, most can love it, this is life, my dear... franchises don't have to match to be successful but the combination is a pleasant surprise and a gift for fans who love them. There is something that people need to accept: SMWW have fans around the world, more or less than other couples here is irrelevant ... As for the families of the creators of the characters, well they should understand, just as most parents must understand, that their creations cease to be their own the moment they become public, the moment they gain fans they belong to the world and evolve with it. If they wanted them unchanging they should keep them in their private little circle. It is like having a child and raising him/her ... at a certain time he/she leaves home and takes over the world and starts to live influenced by it. As for the Marston family ... I don't give a damn about their opinion ... WW has changed a lot since Marston's time and this WW that's here now that interests me. And how is uniting WW with a male character of her power level misogyny? For me it's equality. Or would WW feel insecure with such a powerful, kind, and honest man at her side? As for what the Siegels or Marstons know ... well when I want to know what they know I will buy the biography or ask in person.
If it has fans around the world, they don't buy comics. Because it seems like most comic reader don't care about it (or any ship) at all actually. As sales of all the books, including SMWW show, the relationship isn't any different than any other gimmick. Their book was selling in the low 40's after a year and needed crossovers to boost it. Bendis is selling better. It was then ignored by the greater DCU since almost it's inception. This idea that it's some central concept to publishing success is a pipe dream. It was a gimmick that even the creators got bored with. It's not some formula for success.

And can someone explain how purported fans of such "equality" support Frank Miller as a "genius?" Just curios how that tracks.