Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Dark Knight Returns: The Golden Child preview

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

He really does seem wise. I wonder how different from lara he will be.if the 'teaching' thing is another node to the buddha. I hope they do something profound.

Ugh, Lara's really getting under my skin.

Lara is Lara, doesn't care much for most things. Where her father is ever hopeful she is ever the cynic. I was hoping she'd be a little bit more laid back at this point. Who knows, maybe her brother help in that arena, as he's clearly not buying into what she's saying.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Lara is Lara, doesn't care much for most things. Where her father is ever hopeful she is ever the cynic. I was hoping she'd be a little bit more laid back at this point. Who knows, maybe her brother help in that arena, as he's clearly not buying into what she's saying.
    This isn’t cynicism though,this is just driven by emotions. this feels like anger and just that. She truly doesn't understand humanity. And it angers her that her father asks to serve them. I kind of got lucifer morningstar vibe from the conversation. Ofcourse, she is in her rebellious phase. I guess.

Okay, I’m open to the idea of seeing this contemptuous misanthrope receive character development and develop, at the very least, a cordial (in her own way) relationship with a human.
    Keeping my fingers crossed in the hopes of seeing what makes her laugh, cry, talk a lot, aggressive, etc.
    Last edited by Crabble; 12-10-2019 at 09:44 AM.

I'm actually wondering if Lara isn't protesting too much here. She's laying it on thick but I wonder if we don't find out that her time with her dad is indeed changing her view on humans but she's trying to resist caring because she still sees all the bad things too.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

In an interview from DC Daily last week, Miller gave the description of Lara being the first of combining two powerful cultures. She’s fierce and stubborn taking on Diana’s personality. She is angry as to what she sees and still trying to understand the world and balance it all out.

Jonathan's look in the panels preceding Batwoman showing up makes it look like he was about to intervene had she not gotten there first. He is not taking too kindly to that Joker gang. Maybe he still lends a hand anyway.

Also, kinda a silly question, but has anything ever been made of Lara's blue hair? Always seemed like a weird choice to me, wonder if it was every addressed or if its not at all relevant.

Jonathan's look in the panels preceding Batwoman showing up makes it look like he was about to intervene had she not gotten there first. He is not taking too kindly to that Joker gang. Maybe he still lends a hand anyway.

Also, kinda a silly question, but has anything ever been made of Lara's blue hair? Always seemed like a weird choice to me, wonder if it was every addressed or if its not at all relevant.
    Well, i always wanted kryptonIans to have different features in their humanoid look like for instance rainbow eyes when they use powers. It's not really wierd for me. Since, anime's have different hair colours all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Crabble View Post
    Ugh, Lara's really getting under my skin.

Lara is Lara, doesn't care much for most things.
    And she doesn't know much, either. She at least could've educated herself and learn that human fertility is pretty much the lowest it's been in our history. And she accuses us of breeding like vermin? How dare she!
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 12-10-2019 at 11:18 PM.

"Enough to make a fella's head spin!"

Are we back to treating Clark like a dumb-ass hick who never really left the farm? I think I'll pass, if so.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    "Enough to make a fella's head spin!"

Are we back to treating Clark like a dumb-ass hick who never really left the farm? I think I'll pass, if so.
    Just cuz you talk like a hick don't mean you stoopid. Remember Clark Kent is quite Smart and often writes insightful articles about all types of topics. He jes talks like that to remind himself of home tasall.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Wow. This is amazing. The power of art and the word.

I think Golden Child is shaping up already to be the most relevant thing to come out of DC in terms of a comic book impacting the real world . Joker movie of course is the other but that is live media.

Things have kicked off at CCXP. I can't wait to hear more. Please keep us informed.
    The power of the Bat.
    Even when it's not about him.

Saw that this was on the HR's top books of 2019 is it good? Would you guys recommend it?