Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 283
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    195

    Default Frank Miller and Raphael Grampa launch TDK: The Golden Child

    https://ew.com/books/2019/09/13/fran...den-child/amp/

    Exciting.

    I really like that this is gonna be a purely Miller comic in terms of story. He may be controversial these days but Miller without being deluded by other writers is always interesting in one form or another

    You can really see the difference between Miller's work and TDK 3 which read barely like a Miller book and was imo the least interesting of the TDK books (Tdk 2 may be a bad comic, but at least it sparks discussion, tdk3 was just meh).

    And THAT ART!

  2. #2
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    10,753

    Default

    I guess it'll act as a prelude for DKIV.

    Btw, the art reminds of Quitely and Burnham.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-13-2019 at 07:49 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I guess it'll act as a prelude for DKIV.
    It is unlikely to be. DC advertised and assured that DK III will be the last. It is unlikely that they will again deceive their fans.
    Last edited by _Beautiful_Temptress_; 09-13-2019 at 08:25 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Superman: Year One, which received mostly negative reviews and the failure of the DK II, teaches Jim Lee nothing. And again, he will use Batman to promote his favorite couple. And SM left little child alone?!
    Last edited by Kuwagaton; 09-13-2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Chill out

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Lmao why not just call it Superman: The Golden Child? It’s so weird how Frank has basically totally shifted to Superman and his ancillary characters as the main focus of DKIII and now this.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Beautiful_Temptress_ View Post
    Superman: Year One, which received mostly negative reviews and the failure of the DK II, teaches Jim Lee nothing. And again, he will use Batman to promote his favorite couple. And SM left little child alone?!
    DKIII was a huge success what are you talking about? It’s why they let Miller do Year One. (Just for the record I thought DKIII was ok. Not as awful as ASBAR or DKII but still clearly inferior to his old work). DKR Supes is a pretty weak and terrible person so it’s no surprise he keeps screwing up lol.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-13-2019 at 08:50 AM.

  6. #6
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    That art is great. Hopefully Grampa gets to work with talented writers on some good projects in the future.

  7. #7
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    That art is great. Hopefully Grampa gets to work with talented writers on some good projects in the future.
    Remember the days when working with Frank Miller on a Dark Knight title was considered working with a talented writer on a good project?

  8. #8
    Mighty Member Yoda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,778

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Remember the days when working with Frank Miller on a Dark Knight title was considered working with a talented writer on a good project?
    I think those days are at least old enough to buy their own beer.

  9. #9
    Spectacular Member Man_of_Tomorrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Because the Dark Knight name sells more. WAAAAAYYY more. And it makes pretty clear which world this takes place in.


    I don't think Tdkr superman is a terrible person. He is not my faovirte version of the character but not a
    terrible person. Its certainly an unflattering portrayal though that happened to be in one of the most important and popular comics of all time.
    Dispenser of truth has a nice post about Tdkr Superman. He makes pretty clear superman problems in that world and his character arc.

  10. #10
    Astonishing Member Vordan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Man_of_Tomorrow View Post
    Because the Dark Knight name sells more. WAAAAAYYY more. And it makes pretty clear which world this takes place in.


    I don't think Tdkr superman is a terrible person. He is not my faovirte version of the character but not a
    terrible person. Its certainly an unflattering portrayal though that happened to be in one of the most important and popular comics of all time.
    Dispenser of truth has a nice post about Tdkr Superman. He makes pretty clear superman problems in that world and his character arc.
    He’s not evil. But he is weak, at least morally speaking. I’ve read DoT’s post on DKR Supes and generally agree with it. But government lackey Supes is just a pretty crappy person imo.

  11. #11

    Default

    I really enjoy the salt on the internet whenever Frank Miller comes out with a new work. I’m definitely getting this when it comes out.

  12. #12
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    I think those days are at least old enough to buy their own beer.
    Eh, I'd say those days only officially ended when Strikes Again came out, so about 18 years - not old enough to buy beer in America (which is stupid).
    Not that there weren't indicators that he had reached well past his prime (looking at you Batman/Spawn crossover), but Strikes Again made it official.

  13. #13
    Astonishing Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,875

    Default

    Didn’t DC sign frank miller to a contract recently where has to write a number of books for them. I think DK4 could be possible. Not that I’m interested in that or this one shot.

  14. #14
    Astonishing Member Pohzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    tOSU
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    I want Frank Miller to write. something in-continuity. Purely for the lolz
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

    Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)


  15. #15
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,790

    Default

    Man that kids sort of scary. Getting an X-Men vibe from this.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •